So much for an ice free Arctic...

Tech_Esq

Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Jul 10, 2008
Northern Virginia
Well, the data is in and the Eco-wackos were wrong again.

Thanks to a rapid rebound in recent months, global sea ice levels now equal those seen 29 years ago, when the year 1979 also drew to a close.

Ice levels had been tracking lower throughout much of 2008, but rapidly recovered in the last quarter. In fact, the rate of increase from September onward is the fastest rate of change on record, either upwards or downwards.

Sea Ice Level the Same as 1979

In fact a growing number of climate experts are now saying we're due for an Ice Age.

The earth is now on the brink of entering another Ice Age, according to a large and compelling body of evidence from within the field of climate science. Many sources of data which provide our knowledge base of long-term climate change indicate that the warm, twelve thousand year-long Holocene period will rather soon be coming to an end, and then the earth will return to Ice Age conditions for the next 100,000 years.

These scientist argue that CO2 causing global warming is a post hoc ergo proctor hoc fallacy. They say, based on the examination of ice cores for the last 325,000 years, that in fact, global heating and cooling cause increased or decreased levels of CO2. Further, that those CO2 levels trail the heating and cooling cycle by roughly 800 years.

The graph of the Vostok ice core data shows that the Ice Age maximums and the warm interglacials occur within a regular cyclic pattern, the graph-line of which is similar to the rhythm of a heartbeat on an electrocardiogram tracing. The Vostok data graph also shows that changes in global CO2 levels lag behind global temperature changes by about eight hundred years. What that indicates is that global temperatures precede or cause global CO2 changes, and not the reverse. In other words, increasing atmospheric CO2 is not causing global temperature to rise; instead the natural cyclic increase in global temperature is causing global CO2 to rise.

The reason that global CO2 levels rise and fall in response to the global temperature is because cold water is capable of retaining more CO2 than warm water. That is why carbonated beverages loose their carbonation, or CO2, when stored in a warm environment. We store our carbonated soft drinks, wine, and beer in a cool place to prevent them from loosing their ‘fizz’, which is a feature of their carbonation, or CO2 content. The earth is currently warming as a result of the natural Ice Age cycle, and as the oceans get warmer, they release increasing amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere.

Earth on the Brink of new Ice Age

Bottom line: the Polar bears are safe, but the seals are in trouble. Polar bear populations have never been so high and it looks like with the polar bear habitat now safe, the seals are in for a massacre. :lol:

Trends, trends, trends. And it's called "climate change". And it's also prudent to take note and not make it an ideological issue but treat it as a scientific issue (fat chance, I know).

Trends, trends, trends. And it's called "climate change". And it's also prudent to take note and not make it an ideological issue but treat it as a scientific issue (fat chance, I know).

It is hysterical how the right will deny the science of global warming.

Even Exxon admits that global warming is man made.

Yes, it is prudent not to make it a political rather than scientific issue. However, since a considerable economic issue is at stake, the continued use of fossil fuel, that is simply impossible. The alternatives to fossil fuels create an economy that spreads the income from energy from very small sources, say solar on a home rooftop, to the owners of major wind projects and the farmers that own the land the mills are on. This is a far differant economy than that created by the point sources of fossil fuels and nuclear.

That is why the energy companies have purposely spread lies and misinformation for half a century. And may well have created a situation where we have passed the point of no return.

Yes, it is prudent not to make it a political rather than scientific issue. However, since a considerable economic issue is at stake, the continued use of fossil fuel, that is simply impossible. The alternatives to fossil fuels create an economy that spreads the income from energy from very small sources, say solar on a home rooftop, to the owners of major wind projects and the farmers that own the land the mills are on. This is a far differant economy than that created by the point sources of fossil fuels and nuclear.

That is why the energy companies have purposely spread lies and misinformation for half a century. And may well have created a situation where we have passed the point of no return.

Then what's the point in running around screaming " the sky is falling " ?

Huh?

What's the point of discussing a problem that might raise world sea levels by 10 feet by the end of the century?

So we can prepare for it?

Dang, don't you guys ever bother to go to a reputable source? What you state is totally false, the current ice extent is just about the same as in the worst year on record. You can see for yourself the current extent at this site;
Arctic Sea Ice News & Analysis

Unfortunately our National sources are politically motivated and no longer trustworthy. NASA has been "cooking the books" on "climate change" (as if the climate has ever been static) for years to better support the political agenda of the whack jobs paying attention to "climate." In other words, I trust your source no more than you trust mine.

Additionally, I didn't write those articles, the only thing I stated was the polar bears are going to eat a lot of seal this year. If you think that's false, then you go up there and dress like a seal.

Unfortunately our National sources are politically motivated and no longer trustworthy. NASA has been "cooking the books" on "climate change" (as if the climate has ever been static) for years to better support the political agenda of the whack jobs paying attention to "climate." In other words, I trust your source no more than you trust mine.

Additionally, I didn't write those articles, the only thing I stated was the polar bears are going to eat a lot of seal this year. If you think that's false, then you go up there and dress like a seal.

The only one who is politically motivated is you.

Melting glaciers and a shrinking polar ice cap know no politics.

Assuming that it is true that the ice is melting and would therefore be the more accurate thing to run around screaming, that is a good question.

Exxon wants to make money, duh. Many corps are advocating "green" especially in Europe so they can make money. That's why so many companies are advocating to get a clear statement on "green" policy from the government.

It doesn't matter whether the government mandates "green" policies or non-green policies, they can make money either way. They just want to know for sure which it is.

Chris like Di just said....it is now called "climate change"....and from what i heard it is because they are not so sure anymore that we are heating up like they were saying,BUT,they do know it seems to be changing.....

Exxon wants to make money, duh. Many corps are advocating "green" especially in Europe so they can make money. That's why so many companies are advocating to get a clear statement on "green" policy from the government.

It doesn't matter whether the government mandates "green" policies or non-green policies, they can make money either way. They just want to know for sure which it is.

and of course A.Gore is right in there investing in those curly light bulbs....which aint as good as they claim....

Hey I am about as far right as anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area. Downright heretic as far as liberals are concerned.
I am a religious white american who is anti-abortion, pro-gun and yes on 8. I also can barely stand to listen to Al Gore speak. It shivers me timbers.
But I think there is truth to global warming, I think the whole truth lies somewhere in the middle. I believe in conserving the environment and producing as many forms of energy as possible. That, I think would regulate the prices of the different energies. I am for responsible off-shore drilling and the twirly light bulbs which I think perform very well.
I think we can contribute to global warming by pollution but not to the extent that it will cause an apocalypse. I believe in not spending more than we make and not using more than we need. I think obesity plays as much a part to pollution as anything. I think the government should regulate the food industry and stop making excuses for our kids to stay fat and overwhelm our hospitals.... We need to get our citizens out of the hospital so that those who really need the care(illegal immigrants) get what they need.

I am not middle of the road on too much so enjoy this while it lasts.

I thought it was funny when Al Gore states in "An Inconvenient Truth"
"I have always wanted to put my name on something scientific."
I thought he already did that in about 1995.

Well Truth i agree with ya on some of what you said about Global Warming.....Gore represents the crowd overblowing this thing while the nay sayers downplay this way to much.....i also feel it lies somewhere in the middle....it should be looked at with all seriousness....but those light bulbs,i dont know,i have had 5 total and none have lasted 5 years like the package says,the longest was around 2-2 1/2 years,and some people in our society cannot handle the light they give off,gives them headaches......and Al Gore verbal terrorism in action.....

Last edited:
Well Truth i agree with ya on some of what you said about Global Warming.....Gore represents the crowd overblowing this thing while the nay sayers downplay this way to much.....i also feel it lies somewhere in the middle....it should be looked at with all seriousness....but those light bulbs,i dont know,i have had 5 total and none have lasted 5 years like the package says,the longest was around 2-2 1/2 years,and some people in our society cannot handle the light they give off,gives them headaches......and Al Gore verbal terrorism in action.....

I just bought my twirlies and they really brighten up my otherwise dark apartment. I will have to see how long they last.

New Topics

Forum List

Back