So how many of you folks blasting Napolitano and Co. right now...

She was more blunt in an interview with NBC. "Our system did not work in this instance," she said.

Napolitano drew criticism following her remark on CNN on Sunday from Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., who called her out on it during an interview later Sunday morning on CBS' "Face the Nation."
Napolitano Admits Airport Screening Failure - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

It would seem to me that rather than spend her time worrying about what Sheriff Joe is doing, and what the Justice Dept. is focusing on in Phoenix when it comes to taking away the Sheriffs power, our former Gov. should spend a little more time on her own dept. and this nations security. As pointed out earlier, especially in this job there should be ZERO room for errors or mismanagement regardless of what party the person belongs too.

Asking for zero errors isn't possible. Ironically, it's odd that there aren't even more such incidents that slip through the cracks. These statistics are amazing:

FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: The Odds of Airborne Terror

Maggie, in aviation when it comes to safety there is no room for errors, none in aircraft maintenance, none if air traffic control, none in security screening procedures, etc. All of these directly have an impact on safety and the security of the traveling public. Even if one problem makes it through Maggie that is one too many. What people don't seem to realize is that we have to be right ALL the time, especially in the area of Homeland Security , you ask why? because those that would plan to do you harm, only have to be right once. Let me go even further. lets review of recent events, this attempted attack in Detroit, the breach of the White House by attention seekers, the release of security procedures by the TSA to the Media, the attack at Ft. Hood, and the 54,000 times the DoD was cyber attacked in 2009 just to name a few. If you choose to call this a good record , especially when you consider such things as the continued outsourcing of aircraft certification by the FAA, and repeated computer issues with the the ATC system it does not paint a very good picture about this Director or the previous one.

Listen, I give the the Director credit for taking reponsibility this morning when she admitted that her department failed in it's mission.

"Our system did not work in this instance," Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Monday on the "Today" show. "Nobody is happy or satisfied with that. An extensive review is underway."
washingtonpost.com

As I mentioned earlier, if you look at the Arizona model that the Director left, perhaps regardless of what party she happens to belong too, it would be best for the Director to let someone with a little more experience in such matters take over responsibility.

While I realize you want to drag Arizona's illegal immigration problem into the fray, you might as well admit the fact that it's a nation-wide problem, not just in Arizona, which may be one of the major reasons Napalitano was picked for the job. Who knows better than her the enormity of that particular problem?

Maggie, first of course it's a nation wide problem but if that was the reason she was picked and not her ability to deal with the problem as she would face with it here and in the rest of the nation, then it was nothing more than a political appointment and not based on any qualifications. I will say this, the talk of why the President was on vacation is nonsense talk and the President is quite capable of dealing with the situation regardless of where he happens to be.

So Boooooooooooooooosssh declared a war on terror, and eight years later another terrorist tries another attack. What an f'n surprise. America and Americans better get use to this shit, because Booooooooooosssh tossed gasoline on a raging fire. There is no way to fix what Boooooooosssh Fucked up.
My solution, Destroy the town where this newest asshole lived. Kill his entire family, his neighbors, his friends - and then toss the SOB out of a plane over his former home, so his last vision is the result of terrorism, cause by him on his own. (but castrate the coward first).
Of course Booooooooooossssh invaded Iraq, he should have obliterate Riyadh.

Think of how many years the right has been screaming about Clinton this and Carter that for blame finding.

Now to them a year is tooooo long to be blaming someone for the distruction they have wrought?

So Boooooooooooooooosssh declared a war on terror, and eight years later another terrorist tries another attack. What an f'n surprise. America and Americans better get use to this shit, because Booooooooooosssh tossed gasoline on a raging fire. There is no way to fix what Boooooooosssh Fucked up.
My solution, Destroy the town where this newest asshole lived. Kill his entire family, his neighbors, his friends - and then toss the SOB out of a plane over his former home, so his last vision is the result of terrorism, cause by him on his own. (but castrate the coward first).

:cuckoo: This is what we get when wry is off his meds.

Our former Gov, was not qualified to be

There's a lot of this going around right now with this Administration. You can't learn to defend the country by OJT!!!!!!!! People will get killed..sooner or later....this time we got lucky, bottom line.

(on the job training)

Exactly, which is why the Rehnquist Court is ultimately responsible for 9/11; their Supreme Injustice in having Bush become the POTUS put an incompetent into the Oval Office - Gore had experience, a triple digit IQ and exposure to combat - Bush has a DUI.

Robt Gibbs said that this was a "potential terrorist attack? It was a terrorist attack that just failed. Why do they word an action like this so carefully? IMO, I believe they want to keep any kind of terrorist activity as far away from the president as possible so there will be no culpability on his part. It was also the reason for the Ft. Hood terrorist action, they were hesitant to call it an act of terrorism.

that we believed this was-- a potential terrorist attack
Napolitano, Gibbs on terror attack, increased airline security: NBC's Meet the Press" - Lynn Sweet

Robt Gibbs said that this was a "potential terrorist attack? It was a terrorist attack that just failed. Why do they word an action like this so carefully? IMO, I believe they want to keep any kind of terrorist activity as far away from the president as possible so there will be no culpability on his part. It was also the reason for the Ft. Hood terrorist action, they were hesitant to call it an act of terrorism.

that we believed this was-- a potential terrorist attack
Napolitano, Gibbs on terror attack, increased airline security: NBC's Meet the Press" - Lynn Sweet

The idiot janet herself told us this;

"The fact that it has been eight years since 9/11, and people just assume the government is going to take care of that. . . . Safety, security is a shared responsibility. It doesn't take much for everybody just to take a deep breath and say, 'Okay, what would I need to do to be prepared?' "

Does this mean she is finally endorsing the Citizen's Militia? If she isn't doing the job of protecting our country, and it is a "shared responsibility" then it's time to call all the Oathkeepers to duty. I always take a deep breath just before squeezing the trigger.

LMAO. I don't keep track of your opinions Miester, but aren't you one of those who wants to attack Iran before they obtain nuclear capabilty? My point, a simple one which escaped you, is that Saudi Arabia was home to most who participated in the 9/11 attack.
As for revenge, it is best served on those deserving. How many Americans paid with their lives by Bush's war on terror? And how many of those who financed the criminals who planned the 9/11 attack are still alive? And what of the relatives of those who hyjacked the planes, what benefits have they recieved, and from who, since 9/11?
Payback is a MF'r, and those who engage in cowardly attacks deserve nothing more.

I'm being very serious here. All Politics aside,i am very scared this woman is going to get us all killed if she is not removed immediately. There is some seriously staggering incompetence going on in her Homeland Security Department. The President should simply do what's best for the country and remove her. I really do hope he does this before it's too late for some.

It would seem to me that if our nation really wanted to punish those in the Middle East that finance terror, be it SA. or Iran , or whomever, then perhaps the best way would be for our nation to devise an energy plan ( an extensive one not based on singular conclusions) that will stop the flow of 750 plus billion dollars per year of American money going to the very same nations who finance this kinds of things. Thats long term, in the short term however, it's wise to find diplomatic solutions to problems , but when those cannot be found to use force in such a manner as to leave no doubt as to the outcome. This constant talk of how much should we commit in terms of numbers serves no useful purpose other than to prolong battle needlessly. If this nation had the will, and the commitment to root out these groups, without hesitation then we should commit to doing so on ALL FRONTS, if not keeping those young men and women in those areas of operation just serves to expose them to harm for no reason other than to serve some political purpose. As long as we do such things as keep our money flowing to nations that finance them, and use the military in terms of political outcomes then we should expect the kinds of things we just saw in Detroit to continue.

It would seem to me that if our nation really wanted to punish those in the Middle East that finance terror, be it SA. or Iran , or whomever, then perhaps the best way would be for our nation to devise an energy plan ( an extensive one not based on singular conclusions) that will stop the flow of 750 plus billion dollars per year of American money going to the very same nations who finance this kinds of things. Thats long term, in the short term however, it's wise to find diplomatic solutions to problems , but when those cannot be found to use force in such a manner as to leave no doubt as to the outcome. This constant talk of how much should we commit in terms of numbers serves no useful purpose other than to prolong battle needlessly. If this nation had the will, and the commitment to root out these groups, without hesitation then we should commit to doing so on ALL FRONTS, if not keeping those young men and women in those areas of operation just serves to expose them to harm for no reason other than to serve some political purpose. As long as we do such things as keep our money flowing to nations that finance them, and use the military in terms of political outcomes then we should expect the kinds of things we just saw in Detroit to continue.

Kinda has to make you wonder what money is behind the fight of our entire scientific community huh?

LMAO. I don't keep track of your opinions Miester, but aren't you one of those who wants to attack Iran before they obtain nuclear capabilty? My point, a simple one which escaped you, is that Saudi Arabia was home to most who participated in the 9/11 attack.
As for revenge, it is best served on those deserving. How many Americans paid with their lives by Bush's war on terror? And how many of those who financed the criminals who planned the 9/11 attack are still alive? And what of the relatives of those who hyjacked the planes, what benefits have they recieved, and from who, since 9/11?
Payback is a MF'r, and those who engage in cowardly attacks deserve nothing more.

Eh, no, but it does appear that you do a lot of projecting. :eusa_eh:

Kinda has to make you wonder what money is behind the fight of our entire scientific community huh?

Well Truth if you follow the money trail in climate change you might be in for a shock, especially when you find out that companies like BP, Royal-Duth Shell, Exxon,G.E. and many others are major supporters of climate change legislation. So as for the money to fight the scientific community , I really don't know what your making reference too. If your talking about those that oppose draconian climate change legislation that will hurt our nation then you might want to count me in that camp because , I would never be for a soltion that did not put the American people first or further limited scientific discovery.

Keeping Napolitano in charge of Homeland Security is an incredibly grave & dangerous decision. I hope i'm wrong about her though.

Last edited:
were standing behind Bush and Co. for the Patriot Act, and the numerous terrorist attacks they claimed to prevent?

Me. I think the USA PATRIOT Act is perfectly reasonable and justifiable.

I want to see some people snookered by the previous administration man up and admit they had faith in BushCo policy and memos about prevented attacks, but now they lack faith in the current administration and their claims to prevented attacks....

False premise ^ alert. I did NOT get snookered by the Bush Administration. They (unlike this idiot Administration) DID valiant work to prevent terrorist attacks with some perfectly rational methods. I am quite confident that APPLYING those tools diligently does serve to prevent such attacks. The reasons this present MORON Administration is fucking things up is because THEY refuse to put the tools to good use.

I know it's likely this thread will be crickets or with people saying it isn't the same, but if just one person could see the error in their government religion disappear this thread was worth it.

Your thread will elicit only "attaboys" from others who are as eerily misguided in their thinking as you are. President Obama would probably praise you. But, like you, he would merely be very sadly wrong.

I totally agree. And said so. War is economics, there is no need to actually blast people in this day and age. We can and must convert to renewable energy that we generate because we are financing our own doom. But the oil companies have the money and want to keep it. We should have started to convert in the early 70's. This will allow power generation to become less centralized and innovative which big oil, the electricity giants and large corps in general do not want, including Detroit. When Harry Homeowner erects his own windmills and digs a hole for geothermal and puts solar panels on his roof, these mega corps will have to find their obscene profits elsewhere, or not. Did you know it is illegal to modify your car to get better mileage, and even if you were to tweak your engine, the computer would make you get shitty mileage anyway? This is big gov't/big corp chicanery. The airlines don't care if an example is made, they are insured. A corporation is not mortal.

And.......we have all the food. And we have the most arable land of any country on earth. And we don't even utilize most of it. I could deal with not driving, but not eating would be impossible. The oil countries have have very little arable land.

Its all about oil profits and who gets them.

Carter was right all those years ago.

Follow the money and it goes right to the top of our last government and right into the hands that Bush was literally holding.

Forum List

Back