So...how did this convicted felon stockpile all these weapons?

Then start doing it. This straw buyer loophole seems to be the way criminals are getting their hands on guns.
Straw purchases are illegal under Federal law -- how do you suggest we close this "loophole"?
Track how many times a guy buys a gun? Sounds like the rules are too loosy goosy bro.
So.. the state knows I bought 100 guns. How does this prevent me from committing 100 straw-purchase felonies?

It doesn't of course any more than it stops your straw man. Laws against murder don't prevent murder but they sure dissuade possible offenders. By your logic we should have no laws at all as crime still exists.

Like I said earlier,only those making the shady income would be hurt by checks or registration. I have to wonder if that's not your real concern.

Then start doing it. This straw buyer loophole seems to be the way criminals are getting their hands on guns.
Straw purchases are illegal under Federal law -- how do you suggest we close this "loophole"?
Track how many times a guy buys a gun? Sounds like the rules are too loosy goosy bro.
So.. the state knows I bought 100 guns. How does this prevent me from committing 100 straw-purchase felonies?
It doesn't of course any more than it stops your straw man. Laws against murder don't prevent murder but they sure dissuade possible offenders.
If the law does not prevent these already illegal transactions, why have it?
Why will someone already of a mind to break to the law be dissuaded by another law?

Last edited:

It doesn't of course any more than it stops your straw man. Laws against murder don't prevent murder but they sure dissuade possible offenders. By your logic we should have no laws at all as crime still exists.

Like I said earlier,only those making the shady income would be hurt by checks or registration. I have to wonder if that's not your real concern.
Do you support voter ID? Only those committing voter fraud would be hurt.

Do you support voter ID? Only those committing voter fraud would be hurt.
Only those talking to terrorists need to worry about unwarranted wiretaps.

How many gun purchases is too many? What would trigger an investigation?
Let's say convicted felon Jamal Black wants to off his wife. He knows he can't pass a BG check, so he gets his brother Tyrone to purchase a Colt revolver.
Jamal shoots his wife. Tyrone is a straw purchaser, although he has only purchased 1 gun.
I have purchased 4 handguns and a rifle in the last year. They are all in my possession and none have been used in a crime.
A friend of mine got a great deal and purchased 24 semi-automatic pistols. He gave 2 of them to his sons and sold one to a friend. None have been used in a crime.
How do you decide who is a straw purchaser?
Tyrone is guilty.
Could you sell to a friend if he has a felony? Doesn't he have to go register those guns at the police station?
Sure Tyrone is guilty under EXISTING law. Would another law stop him from selling Jamal a gun? NOPE, but it would hinder me and my friend who are not criminals.

No sir, He does NOT have to go to a police station and register his gun. The purchase (at a licensed gun dealer) is recorded at point of sale.
I have a rifle in my possession that was taken off the body of a Japanese soldier 71 years ago. How does one go about registering that?
Go tell the police you have it and give them the serial number. If it ends up in the wrong hands, we know who had the gun to begin with. Who did you sell it to?

See, I'm sick of people who keep telling me why something can't be done. We can't solve our gun problems, we can't solve our illegal immigrant problem, we can't solve our china problem or NAFTA. We can't solve our unfair tax system.

No we can't because we have morons like you in America.

Let's say convicted felon Jamal Black wants to off his wife. He knows he can't pass a BG check, so he gets his brother Tyrone to purchase a Colt revolver.
Jamal shoots his wife. Tyrone is a straw purchaser, although he has only purchased 1 gun.
I have purchased 4 handguns and a rifle in the last year. They are all in my possession and none have been used in a crime.
A friend of mine got a great deal and purchased 24 semi-automatic pistols. He gave 2 of them to his sons and sold one to a friend. None have been used in a crime.
Tyrone is guilty.
Could you sell to a friend if he has a felony?
Not legally, assuming you know he is a felon.
Doesn't he have to go register those guns at the police station?
Most states, having sane gun laws, do not require registration of any gun.
Not good enough. You should have to tell the police who you are selling your guns to. Epic fail loser.
In YOUR opinion....
Do you tell the police who you sell your meth to?

Really you should because meth is illegal. Does Walmart tell the police who the sell a TV to? why not? TVs are a legal commodity, just like guns.

You really should learn a bit about a subject before making yourself look like an ignorant fool.
You really should stop being stupid. Maybe one less person a day will be murdered in this crazy country full of gun nuts who have no common sense. Go eat a dick, ok?

Tyrone is guilty.
Could you sell to a friend if he has a felony? Doesn't he have to go register those guns at the police station?
Sure Tyrone is guilty under EXISTING law. Would another law stop him from selling Jamal a gun? NOPE, but it would hinder me and my friend who are not criminals.

No sir, He does NOT have to go to a police station and register his gun. The purchase (at a licensed gun dealer) is recorded at point of sale.
I have a rifle in my possession that was taken off the body of a Japanese soldier 71 years ago. How does one go about registering that?
Go tell the police you have it and give them the serial number. If it ends up in the wrong hands, we know who had the gun to begin with. Who did you sell it to?

See, I'm sick of people who keep telling me why something can't be done. We can't solve our gun problems, we can't solve our illegal immigrant problem, we can't solve our china problem or NAFTA. We can't solve our unfair tax system.

I didn't sell the weapon. I said I have it in my possession.
No one is saying nothing can be done. As a matter of fact, I support much stiffer sentences for violating existing laws. THAT is the only thing I see that would effect the gun crime rate.

We definitely can't solve gun problems by making it more difficult for law abiding citizens to obtain a weapon to protect themselves from criminals who will think nothing of violating existing or new laws.
Shooting someone is illegal. Your solution is making it really, really illegal. BFD

Tyrone is guilty.
Could you sell to a friend if he has a felony?
Not legally, assuming you know he is a felon.
Doesn't he have to go register those guns at the police station?
Most states, having sane gun laws, do not require registration of any gun.
Not good enough. You should have to tell the police who you are selling your guns to. Epic fail loser.
In YOUR opinion....
Do you tell the police who you sell your meth to?

Really you should because meth is illegal. Does Walmart tell the police who the sell a TV to? why not? TVs are a legal commodity, just like guns.

You really should learn a bit about a subject before making yourself look like an ignorant fool.
You really should stop being stupid. Maybe one less person a day will be murdered in this crazy country full of gun nuts who have no common sense. Go eat a dick, ok?
Thanks for conceding defeat.

Tyrone is guilty.

No one is saying nothing can be done. As a matter of fact, I support much stiffer sentences for violating existing laws. THAT is the only thing I see that would effect the gun crime rate.

We definitely can't solve gun problems by making it more difficult for law abiding citizens to obtain a weapon to protect themselves from criminals who will think nothing of violating existing or new laws.
Shooting someone is illegal. Your solution is making it really, really illegal. BFD
I went and registered my guns. It was easy peasy.

More proof that our gun laws are woefully inadequate.

Lawful gun owners, like me, are in favor of laws that keep guns out of the hands of the very people the nutters want to arm = criminals, illegals, mentally ill, known terrorists.
We already have gun laws to do exactly that. They just don't seem to be enforced.

Tyrone is guilty.

Really?
In what state?
See, if your state does not have a gun registration law on the books it is impossible to legally register your gun.

Tyrone is guilty.

Really?
In what state?
See, if your state does not have a gun registration law on the books it is impossible to legally register your gun.
In Michigan I purchased a gun in Howell. They did a background check and then I had to go register my gun with the cops. It should be that way for every gun.

If I were superman or supreme ruler I would insist. You can have 20 guns if you want. But every bullet would have a serial number.

Tyrone is guilty.

Good for you. Some of my weapons are registered and some are not.

Tyrone is guilty.

Good for you. Some of my weapons are registered and some are not.
My crossbow and shotgun aren't registered but my handgun is.

I have 5 shotguns. None are registered. I have 7 rifles. One is registered. My handguns are all registered because they are all recent purchases from licensed dealers.
The registered weapons are all in some federal data base somewhere, but no records are maintained by the state of Alabama.

Really?
In what state?
In Michigan I purchased a gun in Howell.
You live in MI and bought a gun, in Hawaii, then registered the gun in MI?
What kind of gun?

Really?
In what state?
In Michigan I purchased a gun in Howell.
You live in MI and bought a gun, in Hawaii, then registered the gun in MI?
What kind of gun?
Howell, Mi, not Hawaii.

Forum List

Back