So...how did this convicted felon stockpile all these weapons?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Sooo...all those gun laws aimed at law abiding citizens work....at harrassing law abiding citizens and making it harder, and in some cases impossible, for them to own or carry guns....

Criminals....not really affected by all those gun laws...case in point....

Sighting of massive gun cache leads to arrest of fugitive

Officers and federal agents later secured a search warrant and seized more than 400 firearms — many converted into machine guns — scrap parts to modify a gun’s action to automatic, and more than 20,000 rounds.

“I am very disturbed about the number and the types of weapons seized by our officers,” Jones said. “This represents the types of weapons patrol officers encounter on a daily basis and reinforces law enforcement’s need to have the proper tools to protect themselves and the community.”

“This is a significant arrest that takes hundreds of dangerous military-grade firearms off the streets and keeps them out of the wrong hands,” he added.

A background check revealed that Durant was arrested in 2013 by U.S. Marshals in Mesa, Arizona. He was wanted for escaping a prison program in South Dakota in 1997.

He was convicted in federal court in 1991 of unlawful possession and transfer of automatic weapons.

A convicted felon....and he had fully automatic weapons in the mix of 400.....

--do you think he passed a mandatory background check for those weapons...

--do you think he has a federal license to own machine guns....

--do you think he has a license for those guns

--do you think he limited himself to only 10 round magazines...

--do you think he registered all those guns....

More proof that our gun laws are woefully inadequate.

Lawful gun owners, like me, are in favor of laws that keep guns out of the hands of the very people the nutters want to arm = criminals, illegals, mentally ill, known terrorists.

Probably bought them from private sellers or a gun show.
Who knows? But that's the point. Who knows this guy's background without a check.

Sooo...all those gun laws aimed at law abiding citizens work....at harrassing law abiding citizens and making it harder, and in some cases impossible, for them to own or carry guns....

Officers and federal agents later secured a search warrant and seized more than 400 firearms — many converted into machine guns — scrap parts to modify a gun’s action to automatic, and more than 20,000 rounds.

“I am very disturbed about the number and the types of weapons seized by our officers,” Jones said. “This represents the types of weapons patrol officers encounter on a daily basis and reinforces law enforcement’s need to have the proper tools to protect themselves and the community.”

“This is a significant arrest that takes hundreds of dangerous military-grade firearms off the streets and keeps them out of the wrong hands,” he added.

A background check revealed that Durant was arrested in 2013 by U.S. Marshals in Mesa, Arizona. He was wanted for escaping a prison program in South Dakota in 1997.

He was convicted in federal court in 1991 of unlawful possession and transfer of automatic weapons.

I'll take "Criminals ignore laws" for 1600 Alex!

He bought the whole lot from Eric Holder.

Glad you're in favor of Obama ending Bush's vile gun running to Mexico.

Good for you.

Ummmm, that was Holder, under Obama, who was giving the guns to the narco terrorists nimrod. I can understand how facts hurt your head, but thems are the facts.

He bought the whole lot from Eric Holder.

Glad you're in favor of Obama ending Bush's vile gun running to Mexico.

Good for you.

Ummmm, that was Holder, under Obama, who was giving the guns to the narco terrorists nimrod. I can understand how facts hurt your head, but thems are the facts.
Well, Libs like to claim that the plan started under Bush which is true. BUT, when ATF realized that it couldn't track guns sold under what they called Operation Wide Receiver, they ended the program. Holder's Justice Department revived it in 2009 without fixing the problems. They only ended Fast and Furious when details leaked.

With over 300 million guns in this country and counting, it's surprising that not all criminals have a stockpile of guns.
I have more than a dozen weapons here. Why don't you stop by and show me how easy it would be for a criminal to stockpile a few of them, OK?

With over 300 million guns in this country and counting, it's surprising that not all criminals have a stockpile of guns.
I have more than a dozen weapons here. Why don't you stop by and show me how easy it would be for a criminal to stockpile a few of them, OK?
There are a million ways a criminal can get a gun in America. Because we're bursting at the seams with them.

If you wanted to sell any or all of them, how would you know anything of the prospective buyer(s) background? What of his intentions? Will he knowingly sell them to felons?

The point is, without universal checks, there is no way to know who is buying.

Last edited:
I have privately bought and sold guns for 45 years. Any gun I sold was to someone who I knew. I am considering getting an FFL. If I do, I will be doing background checks on all sales.

At any rate, if Mr. Holder doesn't care who's buying guns, why should I?

I have privately bought and sold guns for 45 years. Any gun I sold was to someone who I knew. I am considering getting an FFL. If I do, I will be doing background checks on all sales.

At any rate, if Mr. Holder doesn't care who's buying guns, why should I?
I wonder if the people you sold to took the same precautions. And the people THEY sold to. And the people THEY sold to. And so on and so on. For decades and decades. Until criminals have stockpiles of weaponry.

Gun shows, out of the back of a car, from friends, all those sources that the Right and NRA protect.

What gets me is that he wasn't convicted of anything besides possessing them.

I'm surprised this "dangerous felon" wasn't involved in a violent crime.

Shouldn't you need to prove you're a danger before you're convicted as one?

Unlawful possession and transfer of automatic weapons? As far as I'm concerned laws that infringe on the 2nd Amendment like the GCA of 1933, 1968 and 1986 are unconstitutional.

If I was on the jury he'd have walked unless they could prove he was involved in an organized criminal racket where the weapons were intended for violent criminal endeavors.

Then again I am on the extreme of the gun rights philosophy.

What gets me is that he wasn't convicted of anything besides possessing them.

I'm surprised this "dangerous felon" wasn't involved in a violent crime.

Shouldn't you need to prove you're a danger before you're convicted as one?

Unlawful possession and transfer of automatic weapons? As far as I'm concerned laws that infringe on the 2nd Amendment like the GCA of 1933, 1968 and 1986 are unconstitutional.

If I was on the jury he'd have walked unless they could prove he was involved in an organized criminal racket where the weapons were intended for violent criminal endeavors.

Then again I am on the extreme of the gun rights philosophy.
Guns won't protect you from wetting the bed every night pete.

OH MY!

And he's a felon to boot? OH MY!

He got all those guns even without a background check? MY OH MY!

Could it be that perhaps, maybe this criminal and felon got around that technicality somehow?

You know like the Gun Show loophole that the 2A'ers and NRA just gotta have where the dealers at these shows don't have to do jack shit on a buyers background except to be sure the CASH is not counterfeit?

From Fontana, CA its not far to the gun shows from the Central Valley South or those in AZ or NV. And I'm sure there are lots of underground customers in SoCal to make that a profitable enterprise for crooks. Gun show prices for weapons are a lot lower that black market prices for obvious reasons.

But to get butt hurt over the downside of the gun show loophole the 2A'ers and NRA have blocked repeatedly from becoming law is really no reason to act like the gun law nutters are being put upon! Life's a bitch then you die!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back