So, global warming....

weather on the west coast is moderate stays pretty much the same
weather here in the intermountain west has stayed about the same
midwest pretty much stays the same
the Atlantic has these hurricanes...I come to the conclusion that that's their weather pattern.
Anyone that drinks this global warming cool aid needs to come out west, cause nothing seems to change out here
When San Diego gets blown under I may change my mind.

OP: Of course- The Kochs and Pubs are totally FOS- but GREAT propagandists/con men/salesmen/a-holes. The only scientists against are bought off shitts. NYC has had two storms of the century in 2 years...and the world has never been hotter than NOW. see China, India, Brazil.

The world has never been hotter than now?

That's not true.

A trailside exhibit features a well-preserved palm frond fossil.

Whatcom County Parks and Recreation

A palm fossil in Washington. Do you know how hot it has to be for Palms to grow?

I was thinking about this today as the Lib media and Chris Mathews in particular
was bringing this up.

Haven't we improved on car emissions and oil plant and coal plants.
Haven't we added nuclear power plants over the last 50 years.
Now we are getting big storms...What we never had big storms before?..

So we have improved what we dump in the air and now we get big storms...

And it's all our fault.
Only Obama can save us from ourselves...
Oh, we've had big storms before. But if you look at the weather pattern in the last 10 to 20 years, we've had more wacky weather than most ever experienced. Devastating floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and droughts.

Look what this weather is doing to our cities. Human caused or not, our infrastructure can't keep up.

If you could only take your head out of your partisan asshole for once in your life. :lol:

And because you have lived for thousands of years you know this to be true right?
We have only been tracking these events for 150 years or so. How can you say this isn't normal?

The Creek and Seminole Indians have kept an oral history going back to the 1500s when storms flooded entire islands every year in Florida.

Oh, we've had big storms before. But if you look at the weather pattern in the last 10 to 20 years, we've had more wacky weather than most ever experienced. Devastating floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and droughts.

Look what this weather is doing to our cities. Human caused or not, our infrastructure can't keep up.

If you could only take your head out of your partisan asshole for once in your life. :lol:

And because you have lived for thousands of years you know this to be true right?
We have only been tracking these events for 150 years or so. How can you say this isn't normal?

The Creek and Seminole Indians have kept an oral history going back to the 1500s when storms flooded entire islands every year in Florida.

OK what 600 years.
Now how about records fron 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000, and so on.
How about from 1 million years ago?

Maybe Al Gore was right.

:eusa_eh:

I was thinking about this today as the Lib media and Chris Mathews in particular
was bringing this up.

Haven't we improved on car emissions and oil plant and coal plants.
Haven't we added nuclear power plants over the last 50 years.
Now we are getting big storms...What we never had big storms before?..

So we have improved what we dump in the air and now we get big storms...

And it's all our fault.
Only Obama can save us from ourselves...

We never had big storms before? :eusa_eh:

Cons are so shallow they can't even understand the concept of the phrase "Err on the side of caution"

Let's just say that GW is "fake":

Wouldn't it make sense to drive cars that use less fuel? You would save money.

Wouldn't it make sense to make your home energy efficient? You would save money.

Wouldn't it make sense to seriously invest in alternative energy? One day oil will be gone.

Wouldn't it make sense to buy local produce/meats? You support local business and save money.

I could go on and on about how even if you take the implication of GW away, the base ideas (and MANY more) make sense on a personal economic level.

But, in reality.. GW is not fake. :lol:

It depends on the cost. A carbon tax won't save anyone money. Not all cars that use less fuel save money. A Chevy Volt does not save money compared to a Chevy Cruze. Most improvements to houses where I live do not save money. Investments in alternative energy need to be market driven to work. The government imposed programs have failed.

What can we do with the money for global warming research
-Cure cancer
-Cure Heart disease
-Research fusion
-Go to the moon
-Go to mars
-Add more weather buoys
-Build weather drones to research the mid levels to improve weather models
-Improve weather models and forecast within 5-10 day time frame

And a lot more.

Global warming is a rat hole.

We can build flying skateboards or time machines too! Because as you know you cannot do anything else if you are paying attention to Global warming. Innovation stops!

look it works like this, lets put it into simple terms since none of is a science goo roo. ok. if you feel something is wrong and you go to 100 doctors, 99 of them tell you here is whats wrong and here is how you cure it, then the 1 doctor says something different, are you going to go with the 99 or 1. cause that is the the divide in the scientific community, and not just the US but the world. its not even something they debate anymore. also, and I know this gives to the point that it MIGHT be happening, which is wrong, it is BUT.......

option 1. we spend all this money and nothing is wrong and nothing happens. outcome, we waisted money

option 2. something IS wrong and we do nothing, civilization as we know it ends. outcome we didnt do anything and shit hits the fan

Now I see all the cons on this tread say about the sandy post, Why trust the government to save you, you should have prepaired for sandy, battires/sandwitches what have you. well when stuff keeps getting wrose ALL anound the world. why should we not prepair?

OK what 600 years.

Not sure. But I know that there hasn't been any Island in Florida that has been completely flooded in recent history (100 years or so) and yet there used to be massive storms that flooded some every year.

Therefore it seems devastating hurricanes greater than the ones we have now aren't new.

OK what 600 years.

Not sure. But I know that there hasn't been any Island in Florida that has been completely flooded in recent history (100 years or so) and yet there used to be massive storms that flooded some every year.

Therefore it seems devastating hurricanes greater than the ones we have now aren't new.

that is not an argument, one place on earth, you have to look at the WORLD, and see everything and look at what history provides.

look it works like this, lets put it into simple terms since none of is a science goo roo. ok. if you feel something is wrong and you go to 100 doctors, 99 of them tell you here is whats wrong and here is how you cure it, then the 1 doctor says something different, are you going to go with the 99 or 1. cause that is the the divide in the scientific community, and not just the US but the world. its not even something they debate anymore. also, and I know this gives to the point that it MIGHT be happening, which is wrong, it is BUT.......

option 1. we spend all this money and nothing is wrong and nothing happens. outcome, we waisted money

option 2. something IS wrong and we do nothing, civilization as we know it ends. outcome we didnt do anything and shit hits the fan

Now I see all the cons on this tread say about the sandy post, Why trust the government to save you, you should have prepaired for sandy, battires/sandwitches what have you. well when stuff keeps getting wrose ALL anound the world. why should we not prepair?

Go find me the 99 out of 100 Scientists that say civilization will end if we don't do anything.

Cite actual research.

OP: Of course- The Kochs and Pubs are totally FOS- but GREAT propagandists/con men/salesmen/a-holes. The only scientists against are bought off shitts. NYC has had two storms of the century in 2 years...and the world has never been hotter than NOW. see China, India, Brazil.

That's not true.

A palm fossil in Washington. Do you know how hot it has to be for Palms to grow?

:rolleyes:

Do palm trees grow in Seattle

You mean before the canal system was put in?

OK what 600 years.

that is not an argument, one place on earth, you have to look at the WORLD, and see everything and look at what history provides.

Check the premise of this thread - the entire "Maybe Al Gore was right" is based on ONE storm at ONE place. So if you are arguing differently then we don't have enough information to make a definitive statement.

That's not true.

:rolleyes:

Do palm trees grow in Seattle

I stand corrected.

What canals prevent ISLANDS from flooding in hurricanes?

Option 3. Something is wrong and we spend all this money and disaster strikes the world anyway with a rise in sea level and changes in weather patterns. Humans adapt and not only survive but continue to thrive!

What canals prevent ISLANDS from flooding in hurricanes?
Unless you are talking about the Keys, or the 10 thousand islands, there are no more islands in Florida since the canals were put in.

Forum List

Back