-Add more weather buoys
-Build weather drones to research the mid levels to improve weather models
-Improve weather models and forecast within 5-10 day time frame

And a lot more.

Global warming is a rat hole.

Last edited:
Maybe Al Gore was right.

:eusa_eh:

I was thinking about this today as the Lib media and Chris Mathews in particular
was bringing this up.

Haven't we improved on car emissions and oil plant and coal plants.
Haven't we added nuclear power plants over the last 50 years.
Now we are getting big storms...What we never had big storms before?..

So we have improved what we dump in the air and now we get big storms...

And it's all our fault.
Only Obama can save us from ourselves...

Maybe Al Gore was right.

I was thinking about this today as the Lib media and Chris Mathews in particular
was bringing this up.

And it's all our fault.
Oh, we've had big storms before. But if you look at the weather pattern in the last 10 to 20 years, we've had more wacky weather than most ever experienced. Devastating floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and droughts.

Look what this weather is doing to our cities. Human caused or not, our infrastructure can't keep up.

If you could only take your head out of your partisan asshole for once in your life. :lol:

Maybe Al Gore was right.

was bringing this up.

And it's all our fault.
Oh, we've had big storms before. But if you look at the weather pattern in the last 10 to 20 years, we've had more wacky weather than most ever experienced. Devastating floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and droughts.

Look what this weather is doing to our cities. Human caused or not, our infrastructure can't keep up.

If you could only take your head out of your partisan asshole for once in your life. :lol:

Does this mean you no longer blame George Bush for creating Hurricane Katrina?

Al Gore flies around in his private jet burning huge amounts of fossil fuel
as her travels around the country ragging on people who burn fossil fuels.

And he's getting rich off it.
And the Libs proclaim him an enlightened champion of our environment.

He strikes me as a guy who failed to win the Presidency and needed a gig to make some cash.
He found a bunch of people to buy into another vehicle in which to go after republicans who
want to keep the economy going by burning oil that we have used since we first figured out what to do with it.

I don't blame Al.
He found a bunch of people to buy into his tree hugging schtick.And he found a way to profit off it.

Maybe Al Gore was right.

was bringing this up.

And it's all our fault.

wacky weather pattern? please tell me the "normal" weather pattern?

Maybe Al Gore was right.

was bringing this up.

And it's all our fault.

Improving emissions standards isn't nearly enough to stop what's been started.

was bringing this up.

And it's all our fault.

Oh, you know what normal patterns....when suddenly, the overall temperature of the Earth plummets for little understood reasons; when Ice and Snow cover a majority of the planet for hundreds of thousands of years, and then, unexpectedly, change. Then things warm up for a few hundred thousand years.....Oh, and don't forget that 20k year cycle that turns N. Africa from a lush and fertile land to bone dry dessert and then back again....

You know, those kinds of normal whether patterns...

</tongue-in-cheek>

Oh wait. I do believe I saw some data about global warming having ended some 15 or 20 years ago....

A shame really. I was looking forward to less winter.

Maybe Al Gore was right.

was bringing this up.

And it's all our fault.

the tornadoes and hurricanes aren't any worse. There's just a hell of a lot more development that is getting destroyed.

anthropologic climate change is a hoax.

even if it were true, and all of us environmentally conscious Americans decided to do our part, we're still fucked.

China, India, the rest of Asia, and south America ain't gonna do anything different... so it's kind of a moot point, ain't it.

meanwhile fatass algore still keeps getting richer.

Nope,

This is just a weather pattern. It happens.

I'd rather pour the money into cancer or heart disease research. At least we would be getting something for it.

We just had 2 "once a hundred year" storms hit us over the last 2 years.

Please..

China:

China-Smog.jpg

Oh, you know what normal patterns....when suddenly, the overall temperature of the Earth plummets for little understood reasons; when Ice and Snow cover a majority of the planet for hundreds of thousands of years, and then, unexpectedly, change. Then things warm up for a few hundred thousand years.....Oh, and don't forget that 20k year cycle that turns N. Africa from a lush and fertile land to bone dry dessert and then back again....

You know, those kinds of normal whether patterns...

</tongue-in-cheek>

Oh wait. I do believe I saw some data about global warming having ended some 15 or 20 years ago....

A shame really. I was looking forward to less winter.
and New York City is under one mile of ice. and new great lakes are scoured out of the landscape.

and this has happened at least 4 times in the last 150K years, which is but a heartbeat in Earth-time. It could have been happening more... but ice ages tend to destroy evidence of previous ones.

Heh. I remember Hansen saying we were in a global COOLING crisis in the 1970's.

RUBES.

time-magazine-april-1977.jpg

Nope,

This is just a weather pattern. It happens.

I'd rather pour the money into cancer or heart disease research. At least we would be getting something for it.

We just had 2 "once a hundred year" storms hit us over the last 2 years.

Please..

More money for weather buoy's and advances in weather models. I love meteorology and have been on weather boards all my life. I think having the ability to prodict such storms 7-10 days off would do us more good. More warning and stronger infrastructure=the way to go.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back