So, global warming....

Nope,

This is just a weather pattern. It happens.

I'd rather pour the money into cancer or heart disease research. At least we would be getting something for it.

We just had 2 "once a hundred year" storms hit us over the last 2 years.

Please..

More money for weather buoy's and advances in weather models. I love meteorology and have been on weather boards all my life.

I think having the ability to protect such storms 7-10 days off would do us more good.

We have that...but you are right.

We also need to invest heavily in infrastructure. We are going to have to starting making buildings different..and able to cope with this sort of flooding. As well as the subways.

Even if we get on board with reversing global warming..it's a little late in the short term. This is the new normal.

And it's going to cost.

Nope,

This is just a weather pattern. It happens.

I'd rather pour the money into cancer or heart disease research. At least we would be getting something for it.

Please..
just curious Sal... how do 'they' know that these storms are "hundred year storms"?

Well..I'm over 50 and I've never seen anything like this. Now I just gotta find an 80 year old guy to ask.

:D

Please..
just curious Sal... how do 'they' know that these storms are "hundred year storms"?

Well..I'm over 50 and I've never seen anything like this. Now I just gotta find an 80 year old guy to ask.

:D

The perfect storm of 1991 that was about 800 miles east-northeast in formation.

Hurricane+front+jet stream.

Once the election is over and the candidates and pundits quit talking....CO2 levels will plummet.

Sorry, but that is wishful thinking. The fact is that there is global warming, the ice packs are melting, and the sea level is rising. Nothing is going to change that no matter how long you keep your head in the sand. Now, the big question is what we are going to do about it, which is pretty much nothing, so we better learn to deal with the consequences. What we better do is have a plan to deal with those consequences, one of which is going to be a loss of fresh water in many parts of the US.

So how do you explain massive storms before we had the term global warming?

That was global cooling.

Back in the 70's we were going into an ice age.

no one bought that bullshit, and scientist couldn't make money off the fear mongering.

but now....

Exactly. In my 52 years on this planet I was supposed to have burned to death, frozen to death, drowned and died in a drought. Yet here I sit.

:lol:

Here's the rub

"In the 10 -20 years storms have gotten worse"

this is sorta correct

more people = more stuff to be destroyed = the storms of the century

Toss in the fact that in the last 10-20 years I can hear about any storm any where, live, and we got chicken littles screaming the world is going to end.

fyi, the warmers claimed we were doomed by '95, then '00, then '05 and so on.

Maybe Al Gore was right.

:eusa_eh:

I was thinking about this today as the Lib media and Chris Mathews in particular
was bringing this up.

Haven't we improved on car emissions and oil plant and coal plants.
Haven't we added nuclear power plants over the last 50 years.
Now we are getting big storms...What we never had big storms before?..

So we have improved what we dump in the air and now we get big storms...

And it's all our fault.
Only Obama can save us from ourselves...
Oh, we've had big storms before. But if you look at the weather pattern in the last 10 to 20 years, we've had more wacky weather than most ever experienced. Devastating floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and droughts.

Look what this weather is doing to our cities. Human caused or not, our infrastructure can't keep up.

If you could only take your head out of your partisan asshole for once in your life. :lol:

Yep.... those nasty "new" weather patterns :cuckoo:

mini-Website1900StormPoster16x20_zpsb54d5aaf.jpg

2011-01-25-20C-Climate_zps484132bd.jpg

camielle_zps399770f7.jpg

hurricane-1938_zpsb48e6434.jpg

new-england-2_zps52711c60.jpg

How about you take your head out of your partisan asshole for once in your life...... :fu:

Last edited:
OP: Of course- The Kochs and Pubs are totally FOS- but GREAT propagandists/con men/salesmen/a-holes. The only scientists against are bought off shitts. NYC has had two storms of the century in 2 years...and the world has never been hotter than NOW. see China, India, Brazil.

Maybe Al Gore was right.

:eusa_eh:

I was thinking about this today as the Lib media and Chris Mathews in particular
was bringing this up.

Haven't we improved on car emissions and oil plant and coal plants.
Haven't we added nuclear power plants over the last 50 years.
Now we are getting big storms...What we never had big storms before?..

So we have improved what we dump in the air and now we get big storms...

And it's all our fault.
Only Obama can save us from ourselves...
Oh, we've had big storms before. But if you look at the weather pattern in the last 10 to 20 years, we've had more wacky weather than most ever experienced. Devastating floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and droughts.

Look what this weather is doing to our cities. Human caused or not, our infrastructure can't keep up.

If you could only take your head out of your partisan asshole for once in your life. :lol:

And because you have lived for thousands of years you know this to be true right?
We have only been tracking these events for 150 years or so. How can you say this isn't normal?

Ice is melting but it is getting thicker in Greenland. Just the way the world works folks. It is constantly evolving. Why are the storms so bad now? They have always been bad. We have better communication to know what is going on and there are more people and structures. Al gore is a hipocrit and liar and so are his goonies.

Ok chicken little the sky is falling, so what, some scientist is going to run your life, dictate how you live, what you eat? Get real, thats the governments job, right, talk about gullible naive sheep. Oh by the way, take a look at how much cash the Fed has granted Big Al's enviro companies, then tell us how the little old USA is going to save the world by setting an example.

Forum List

Back