So California Girl

So, telling you to get your rich daddy to buy you a life, is the same as you questioning my parenting skills or the choices I make as a parent? :eusa_whistle:

As usual, you are about as funny, witty and exciting as a bog, and as on target as a SCUD missile.

I assume Cali is the conservative to bully du jour? Some acts around here from the roving band of lefty hens have gotten WAY stale.

Dude, go away. No way am I engaging you, so you are wasting your time.

You aren't engaging me because you're incapable. You're in the wrong. Simple as that.

Fact is, I could care less who smokes or drinks what. The only notable difference is one is illegal and the other legal. BOTH diminish your motor skills, and you ability to make judgment calls.

Regardless, this is just a lame excuse for you hens to go after someone who isn't in your little clique.

Simple as that.

The findings, published in the Journal of Neuroscience, suggest that activity in the basolateral amygdala is involved in marijuana-induced paranoia (the state of becoming afraid of things that wouldn't normally trigger fear). That means marijuana is actually enhancing a type of learning about fear, leading the brain to jump to conclusions about mild experiences involving particular places or things, and to perceive them as scarier and more strongly connected than they are.

Read more: A Rat Study Helps Explain Why Pot Smokers and People With Schizophrenia Are Paranoid - - TIME Healthland

Cannabis use precedes the onset of psychotic symptoms in young people, study finds

Incident cannabis use almost doubled the risk of later incident psychotic symptoms, even after accounting for factors such as age, sex, socioeconomic status, use of other drugs, and other psychiatric diagnoses. Furthermore, in those with cannabis use at the start of the study, continued use of cannabis over the study period increased the risk of persistent psychotic symptoms
There was no evidence for self medication effects as psychotic symptoms did not predict later cannabis use.
These results "help to clarify the temporal association between cannabis use and psychotic experiences," say the authors. "In addition, cannabis use was confirmed as an environmental risk factor impacting on the risk of persistence of psychotic experiences."
The major challenge is to deter enough young people from using cannabis so that the prevalence of psychosis is reduced, say experts from Australia in an accompanying editorial.

Pot smokers, much like cigarette smokers, appear to prefer denial about the effects of their vice. Some of us prefer to recognize that we just don't know enough about pot to claim it's safe. It might be safe for some - but not for others. Personally, if I were the mother of a small child, the risk would outweigh the 'pleasure'... but that's just me... I'm uncool.

So they didn't use marijuana or humans in the study?

:clap2: And props on trying to make a dig at me by using my child. I might make digs at you for being a spoiled rich girl, but I have never made digs at you via your family. ;)

Ummm, yea you did, ya liar. You suggested I get Daddy to buy me a life, remember? What goes around, comes around.

Oh, and... did you deliberately ignore the second study? The one with humans?

I responded to the article you posted, which does not mention a second study.

Just re read it again, nope, no mention of humans.

I meant the second study in my post. Jeeeeeez, do I have to spoon feed you?

And now... I'm done with your whining thread, mmmk?

Fact is, I could care less who smokes or drinks what. The only notable difference is one is illegal and the other legal. BOTH diminish your motor skills, and you ability to make judgment calls.

Yup.

Code:
As usual, you are about as funny, witty and exciting as a bog, and as on target as a SCUD missile.

I assume Cali is the conservative to bully du jour? Some acts around here from the roving band of lefty hens have gotten WAY stale.

Dude, go away. No way am I engaging you, so you are wasting your time.

You aren't engaging me because you're incapable. You're in the wrong. Simple as that.

Regardless, this is just a lame excuse for you hens to go after someone who isn't in your little clique.

Simple as that.

Goin by the post you quoted, how am I wrong? Did I bring her family in this thread? Did I mention anything about being a parent in this thread?
She keeps mentioning stoners and her study, I wanted to know how she could explain there not being an increase in psychosis, something she still hasn't addressed. She could have addressed the op, instead posted another article and made a dig at my parenting skills.

Last edited:
Yer both wrong. Her for bringing your parenting skills in to it, you for throwing Daddy in her face.

There. Fixed. Ok?

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Reading this thread is making me psychotic.

smiley_psychotic_sticker-p217586278362347030qjcl_400.jpg

you were psychotic long before this thread came along.

I lived in the Northeast when I was young. I'm sure you understand.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Most of my friends smoke pot or smoked pot. I have one friend with diagnosed depression, which she developed before smoking pot. I have another friend who was diagnosed as bi polar long before she ever smoked pot.
If it caused what they claim, wouldnt at least one of friends have a mental illness?

Er...depression and bi polar are mental illnesses.

Here's the thing with drug use and mental illness...people with mental illness are drawn to drugs. It's called self medicating. So it's very, very difficult to determine if people are mentally ill BECAUSE of drug use, or if they use drugs because they're mentally ill.

It's a vicious circle. Schizophrenics love meth, for example. But meth can also cause schizophrenia. One of the reasons a lot of tweakers end up in treatment is because they start hearing voices.
Methamphetamine (any of the amphetamines, in fact) are biologically addictive and potentially harmful drugs -- which bear absolutely no similarity in any way to marijuana.

There are marijuana addicts....people who just can't or won't live without the stuff, despite the fact that they've had their kids taken away and the whole nine yards. People do go into treatment for it, generally because there's child welfare involvement and they are encouraged to do so, or lose their kids.
While it is true that some people can and do become "addicted" to marijuana this is a conditional truth. Because, unlike opiates and amphetamines, marijuana is not biologically addictive, i.e., it does not impart changes to the dopamine receptors of the brain. "Addiction" to marijuana is strictly a psychological dependency which affects the category of users known to behaviorists as addictive personalities. These people are prone to addiction and become "hooked" on such things as cola drinks, candies, etc. In some cases they are self-destructive and will manage throughout their lives to become addicted to many substances, marijuana being among the least problematic.

Personally I could care less if people smoke..but if it's more important to you than paying the electric bill, working or keeping your kids, then you've got a problem. It wouldn't matter how stupid I thought the law was; if child welfare determined I needed to quit smoking and become the anti-marijuana poster child, I'd fucking do it in order to get my kids back.
If there are in fact any such extremely compulsive marijuana "addicts" (I have never known one) I am sure they represents less than 0.1% of all users and they certainly inhabit the psychopathological category.

And the truth of the matter is, different people react differently. I had a friend who smoked pot all his teen years and through his 20s. He tapered off as he got older, then tried it again when he attended a party with his wife. He became deathly ill AND psychotic and got a trip to the ER for his trouble. He'd developed some sort of sensitivity to it. Who knows the whys and wherefores, but they're honest, intelligent people and when they shared that story with me, I believed them. Especially since I can't handle hash. When I was young I could do abuse every drug under the sun with no particularly harsh side effects...but hash made me puke and become insensible. Go figure.

So people who insist marijuana is completely benign for everyone don't know what they're talking about. Different people have different threshholds for drugs.
Your friend did not develop a sensitivity to Marijuana. In fact, his experience manifests one of the most valid reasons for legalizing this rather benign, euphoric tranquilizer:

During the time of (alcohol) Prohibition it was common for unscrupulous "back alley" bootleggers to mix batches of "bathtub gin" which often contained anti-freeze or other harmful substances. As Huggy and Ekrem have pointed out, the same situation attends marijuana prohibition.

Back in the 1970s, street dealers in New York City would buy a pound of low-potency Mexican "ditch-weed" for about $200 and spray it with liquified heroin. While an experienced marijuana user could smell the adulteration the less knowledgeable would pay $100 an ounce (top dollar back then) for what they believed was super weed -- which could addict them to heroin and/or make them very sick.

That more than likely is what happened to your friend.

The findings, published in the Journal of Neuroscience, suggest that activity in the basolateral amygdala is involved in marijuana-induced paranoia (the state of becoming afraid of things that wouldn't normally trigger fear). That means marijuana is actually enhancing a type of learning about fear, leading the brain to jump to conclusions about mild experiences involving particular places or things, and to perceive them as scarier and more strongly connected than they are.

Read more: A Rat Study Helps Explain Why Pot Smokers and People With Schizophrenia Are Paranoid - - TIME Healthland

Cannabis use precedes the onset of psychotic symptoms in young people, study finds

Incident cannabis use almost doubled the risk of later incident psychotic symptoms, even after accounting for factors such as age, sex, socioeconomic status, use of other drugs, and other psychiatric diagnoses. Furthermore, in those with cannabis use at the start of the study, continued use of cannabis over the study period increased the risk of persistent psychotic symptoms
There was no evidence for self medication effects as psychotic symptoms did not predict later cannabis use.
These results "help to clarify the temporal association between cannabis use and psychotic experiences," say the authors. "In addition, cannabis use was confirmed as an environmental risk factor impacting on the risk of persistence of psychotic experiences."
The major challenge is to deter enough young people from using cannabis so that the prevalence of psychosis is reduced, say experts from Australia in an accompanying editorial.

Pot smokers, much like cigarette smokers, appear to prefer denial about the effects of their vice. Some of us prefer to recognize that we just don't know enough about pot to claim it's safe. It might be safe for some - but not for others. Personally, if I were the mother of a small child, the risk would outweigh the 'pleasure'... but that's just me... I'm uncool.
The negative effects of marijuana use (in some people) are not attributable to marijuana, per se, but to misuse, much of which is the result of not knowing the potency or quality of what they are using. And the problem is fostered by prohibition.

You can go to a liquor store and buy alcohol in any potency from lite beers and table wines to 100+ proof vodka, rum, tequila, etc., the quality of which must by law conform to a federal standard. But if you had to get your booze from some shady character on a street-corner and it came in an un-labeled bottle you would have no way of knowing what is in it until you drink it.

In the example of marijuana, unless one is familiar with the strain of a particular plant and is able to anticipate its effect, the risk of unintentional misuse is unavoidable. So some thought must be given to the absence of any reference to this problem in any of these anti-marijuana medical reports.

If marijuana were legal it could be sold with information pertaining to its potency as per the "proof" level of beverage alcohol.

Yer both wrong. Her for bringing your parenting skills in to it, you for throwing Daddy in her face.

There. Fixed. Ok?

Actually, you're right.

Luissa. I apologize. Unreservedly. No matter what the provocation, I should not have done that. I am sorry. It won't happen again.

I am sorry also.

Ummm, yea you did, ya liar. You suggested I get Daddy to buy me a life, remember? What goes around, comes around.

Oh, and... did you deliberately ignore the second study? The one with humans?

So, telling you to get your rich daddy to buy you a life, is the same as you questioning my parenting skills or the choices I make as a parent? :eusa_whistle:

Shut the fuck up, loser, and go back into hiding.

This place is better when you aren't around.

I gotta spread greenies before I can give greenies, so I owe ya one, CG. You rock. So does LuLu.

There. Fixed. Ok?

Actually, you're right.

Luissa. I apologize. Unreservedly. No matter what the provocation, I should not have done that. I am sorry. It won't happen again.
Awwwwwwwwwwwww. KC got some new batteries for her soulmate. I'm happy now.:tongue:

Forum List

Back