So Al Green Wants To Write His Articles Of Impeachment.But What About Barry & Hillary & Iran ??

Here's some more background.
"William Worth Belknap (September 22, 1829 – October 12, 1890) was a lawyer, soldier in the Union Army, government administrator in Iowa, and the 30th United States Secretary of War. Belknap served with distinction in the Civil War and as an appointed Internal Revenue collector. However, his tenure in Washington D.C. as President Grant's appointed Secretary of War was controversial, with Belknap accused of indirectly selling weapons toFrance while the United States was ostensibly neutral during the Franco-Prussian War, and accepting illegal payments, known askickbacks, in exchange for making a tradership appointment. The holders of traderships received exclusive rights to sell goods at U.S. military posts (and often did so at exorbitant prices), making them lucrative and highly sought after. His lavish Washington parties hosted by his beautiful wife Amanda brought on the envy of Democrats, who had regained control of the House in 1875, and worked to spotlight corruption in the Grant administration. In 1876, the trader post scandal led to Belknap's resignation, impeachment by the House, and trial by the Senate. A majority of senators voted to convict; because the prosecution did not obtain the required two-thirds majority, Belknap was acquitted."

William W. Belknap - Wikipedia

So Al Green Wants To Write His Articles Of Impeachment.But What About Barry & Hillary & Iran ??

What about them?

Really dumb fuck, you have had your chance. Hillary is no longer a candidate, President Obama has had his two successful terms, and your fat senile old orange clown is on the hotseat. Multiple investigations, involving obstruction of justice, and collusion in affecting an American Presidential election with an adversarial nation.
A president can still be impeached after serving his term!

No. He cannot. You are incorrect.

The process is specified in the Constitution.

"The President, Vice President, and all civil Officers of the United States shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Since he is no longer President, it does not apply.
When I get on my desk top I will show you. A post term impeachment of any government office can lead to loss of benefits. The president can lose retirement but not protection.

Sorry! Nope. You cannot impeach someone who is no longer in office. They are subject to punishment for their crimes under criminal law.
I'm getting the link to work on my tablet but not my desk top.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?_all&addresses=389x3631586

The law was first used in 1876 against Secretary of war General William Belknap under President Ulysses S Grant. It covers ALL government servants. Its called the "Belknap precedent.

He was impeached by the House but not removed by the Senate for the very reason I stated as they did not have a 2/3 majority. He had already resigned. The House was in error in its impeachment.

BTW, look at your source. No wonder it is wrong.

Forum List

Back