So, 82 people shot in Chicago over this past weekend. Where's the outrage?

Were the shooters not white enough? Did the victims not resemble Obama's imaginary son enough?
Why is it when one white/half white male shoots a black all you libs go fucking ape shit crazy, but when Chicago's hospitals are flooded with victims of shootings from black neighborhoods you all clam up?

Relax ... these are just LIBERALS!!!

:lol:

It will help reduce the Lib voter base.

On a serious note, why do you guys post every murder or shooting from ... CHICAGO?

Does it have something to do with Obama?

Just look at this -

http://chamspage.blogspot.com/2014/01/2014-baltimore-city-homicides-list-and.html

Am I supposed to wear sack-cloth and ashes every time someone gets shot?

Where's my outrage?

My outrage is born out of the realization that the only reason YOU or anyone else cares about Chicago is because Obama used to work there and you are cashing in and exploiting these murders ONLY to paint Dems in the worst light possible.

^^^Outrage.

Last edited:
According to the US Census Bureau, there are about 20 US cities which have a higher per capita rate of murder than Chicago.

My contention was the statement that Chicago is not in the top 100 cities for violent crime when it had the highest murder rate in all of the US for 2012, surpassing even NYC.

CaféAuLait;9416222 said:
According to the US Census Bureau, there are about 20 US cities which have a higher per capita rate of murder than Chicago.

My contention was the statement that Chicago is not in the top 100 cities for violent crime when it had the highest murder rate in all of the US for 2012, surpassing even NYC.

According to the US Census Bureau, it did not have the highest murder rate in the country, not based on 2012 stats. http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0309.pdf

OK, I'm filled with moral outrage!!!

Now what?

Is there anything I can do to help outside of NOT contributing to shootings in Chicago?

So, why Chicago?

Is the OP a Bears fan or something?

What about shootings in general?

Maybe we should ban guns, there?

I'm willing to bet that they already have, because this sounds a lot like DC after they banned guns.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;9416163 said:
CaféAuLait;9416058 said:
Um, seriously? 2012 saw Chicago as the murder capitol of the US, surpassing New York.

FBI: Chicago passes New York as murder capital of U.S.

FBI: Chicago passes New York as murder capital of U.S. - The Washington Post

FBI ? FBI Releases 2012 Crime Statistics

FBI ? Crime Statistics

in 2014 Chicago murder rate rose:

Chicago homicide numbers increase

Chicago homicide numbers increase, but number of shooting victims is down, police say | abc7chicago.com

Are you seriously going to claim it does not rate in the top 100 violent cities? :eusa_liar:

What are you reading to get your numbers? Wikipedia?

Did you happen to see Chicago was listed as N/A? Maybe this lead to your misunderstanding of the data under violent crime?

United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isn't it a matter of per capita crime and murder stats? How many million people live in Chicago? How many thousand in another city with high murder stats? Being in the top 100 cities with a high per capita murder rate is one thing; the way the right wingers on here act, it is as if it is the top city for murder and gun violence.

Why do they do that, the right wingers, focusing so much on Chicago? Because it is black crime. They want to say that blacks are violent people, that they are sub-human. That's the obvious reason they focus on Chicago. it's racism, pure and simple. Duh.

Well the population of NYC was 8.7 million people in 2012 for the above stats. The population of Chicago was only 2.3 million. So the per capita murder rate would put Chicago far over NYC, by a ton.

I think the bigger picture of focusing on Chicago are things like Zimmerman. He was focused on when it came to the murder of a black teen. ( I'm not getting into the alleged racist aspect of that crime here) highlighting gun violence.

The issue for me is there is a epidemic of black teens being murdered, and Trayvon's death, while tragic, is no worse than those 13 killed or 70 plus shot over the weekend. However, it seems as if the media chooses who to highlight. I don't think I've read the name of one teen or adult for that matter killed in gun violence over the weekend, and that to me is sad.

It's the media who drives much of what we as a society become outraged at, and many a time it is politically motivated, instead of being highlighted for the epidemic of violence it is.

The problem in Chicago and places like it has to do with drugs, gangs and poverty. That is a social problem everyone is trying to address and nearly everyone feels a great deal of futility toward solving.

The problem with the Trayvon Martin case was profiling by appearence: notably racial profiling. That is a problem that can be more easily addressed than solving the inner city gang violence we see in big cities nowadays.

Interesting.

A school shooting gets round the clock tv coverage and a zillion anti gun threads ensue.

A Mexican/American shoots an unarmed black it gets months of round the clock tv coverage and another zillion threads.

Chicago gets a casualty rate higher than any day I remember in Iraq, I point out that the same issue as above but worse gets virtually no press besides a blip & not one thread from the usual anti gun left and you claim it is I who is playing politics.

Funny stuff

LOL.....

I've already made clear what I wanted to say. The left are hypocrites on this issue. This thread isn't about the perps or victims. It's about the deafening silence from the left.
If you want to refer to blacks as ******* be my guest, I never have & never will. I don't use skin color to excuse behavior like the left seems to be doing with the "it's only gang violence" mantra.

Gramps, screw that guy - that was completely uncalled for.

[MENTION=47651]Nutz[/MENTION] Was that really necessary?

CaféAuLait;9416222 said:

According to the US Census Bureau, it did not have the highest murder rate in the country, not based on 2012 stats. http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0309.pdf

I guess the FBI disagreed with Census figures? Link in my first post to the FBI stats.

You posted your list from the census and it had Chicago in the top 13. The contention I answered was Chicago was not even in the top 100 most violent cities.

In either case, it is not at the top as far as murder rates in the US. Which begs the question: why do the right wingers on here focus on Chicago? Maybe it isn't about race as much as it is about Obama, as MadCabbie contends. He might have something there.

One thing I do know: I researched the reason for a high murder rate in Chicago and found that one of the South American drug cartels uses that city for its base of operations in the US. Gangs are involved and a lot of drug activity is involved.

Murder Rates and black populations

Chicago 16.1 32.9
Tulsa 17.7 16
Cleveland 19 53.3
Philly 19.5 43.4
Memphis 19.8 63.3
KC 20.6 30
Anaheim 21.4 2.7
DC 24 50.7
Oakland 25.7 28
Baltimore 37.3 63.7
Detroit 40 82.7
St Louis 40.3 49.2
New Orleans 51.7 60.2

Anaheim sticks out, but then it is the armpit of Orange county.

Some idea's to fix the problem.
1. Use the same social forcing that has pushed gay marriage to make gang culturally unacceptable.
2. Fatherhood classes could teach young men the importance of being a good father. Force into their minds that they're needed at home.
3. Make higher education available for the poor. Make a law stopping tuition increases for a decade.

Or just take the fucking guns away.
And you people wonder why you cannot get any more gun control passed.
:cuckoo:

Were the shooters not white enough? Did the victims not resemble Obama's imaginary son enough?
Why is it when one white/half white male shoots a black all you libs go fucking ape shit crazy, but when Chicago's hospitals are flooded with victims of shootings from black neighborhoods you all clam up?

On a serious note, why do you guys post every murder or shooting from ... CHICAGO?

Just look at this -

Miscellaneous Posts: 2014 Baltimore City Homicides/Murders - List and Map

Where's my outrage?

My outrage is born out of the realization that the only reason YOU or anyone else cares about Chicago is because Obama used to work there and you are cashing in and exploiting these murders ONLY to paint Dems in the worst light possible.

^^^Outrage.

The "dems" paint themselves in the "worst light" by being silent on this issue. I simply pointed it out.

Why is it ok for the media & USMB liberals to go on & on about random shootings around our country but not ok for me to point out that we have areas that are litteral warzones on a weekly basis?

Just look at this -

Where's my outrage?

^^^Outrage.

The "dems" paint themselves in the "worst light" by being silent on this issue. I simply pointed it out.

Why is it ok for the media & USMB liberals to go on & on about random shootings around our country but not ok for me to point out that we have areas that are litteral warzones on a weekly basis?

I dunno. I actually own guns, as I always have.

This is supposed to make gun owners look good?

In the end, It's all about personal responsibility - these assholes doing the shootings are gun owners.

No, they are not RESPONSIBLE gun owners, like you and me, but they give people like us a black eye; we have to own this and ask ourselves, should everyone own a gun? I say no - neither should every person even own a sharp object of any kind. :eek:

We don't get the votes from the libs, though, to help our cause, when all we do is to mock them and make them feel like they are our enemy.

neighbor-sign.jpg

The real enemy are thugs that OWN guns, but use them for nefarious purposes.

Some of the thugs are right-wing criminals. It isn't always a case of "my side, YOUR side," sometimes, you have to look a little further than that.

Do you think that the families of the people shot DO NOT CARE??? I imagine that most of them are libs and that they care very much.

I've already made clear what I wanted to say. The left are hypocrites on this issue. This thread isn't about the perps or victims. It's about the deafening silence from the left.
If you want to refer to blacks as ******* be my guest, I never have & never will. I don't use skin color to excuse behavior like the left seems to be doing with the "it's only gang violence" mantra.

Yes...like anyone needs to be lectured by a convict and race hustler. If it weren't about the evil blackie, he wouldn't have mentioned race at all or brought up nonsense about Zimmerman.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Yes...like anyone needs to be lectured by a convict and race hustler. If it weren't about the evil blackie, he wouldn't have mentioned race at all or brought up nonsense about Zimmerman.

So, that makes it cool beans for you to take cheap shots at the man?

So, that makes it cool beans for you to take cheap shots at the man?

What makes it cool for him to take cheap shots at blacks and anyone else? If he can dish it, surely he can take it.

Just look at this -

Where's my outrage?

^^^Outrage.

Stop lying you sack of cow manure...
You started the thread and immediately made it a "race" issue about Blacks and Whites.
At least have enough guts to admit to your racist pandering...

Forum List

Back