Snowpacolypse 2011 is approaching

006-4.jpg

look way pass the trash cans....see the red car in the distance..that is mine

you know ravi....i hate you about now.....it was flat zero here yesterday...today is nice and balmy at 20...did i mention its snowing
Did I mention I might have to put on the a/c?

Careful. We'll get the voodoo dolls out. Got one with your name on it just waiting to be placed directly under this:

HurricaneFromSpace.jpg

:eusa_whistle:
Been there, done that.

I don't think the a/c will be needed...even if it reaches 80 the humidity is low so it will be a beautiful day. :lol:

All you guys just need to buy all weather radials for your cars.

Almost nobody in the North buys snow tires.

The other thing you guys might have to do is learn how to drive in the snow and ice.

Get out in an abandoned parking lot and learn to drive through the skids.

It's not only possible that it could save your life, but it's also a hell of a lot of fun to learn this driving technique someplace where you won't have an accident while you're learning it.

Not much goin' on up nort' here in Wisconsin for snow... "aye," but how 'bout dem Packers... :D

It's cold up here, and it doesn't snow when it stays this cold. We had a couple days where it got up to 45 and rained. That melted most of the snow and it hasn't snowed anything really since. Fine with me. I hate the cold, and I hate the snow. I'm otta here...

snow003.jpg

snow001s.jpg

snow002.jpg

They're calling for 6"-12" Tues into Wed. here. <sigh> I usually do my weekly shopping on Wed or Thurs. Now I have to go in tomorrow with all the loons who think they'll be snowed in foreverrrr. I'm going at 8am and hopefully will miss the lot of them.

as long as she doesnt post pics i am good lol

jabbing another needle into 'ravi doll'
You want a picture...here you go...a little shaggy because the grass hasn't been cut and the several days of frost damaged some of the palm fronds. Luckily the grass is still pretty green. :thup:

yard.jpg

i went to boone yesterday and went to walmart....all these people who had been snowed in were there....fights in the parking lot...etc....i saw two women trying to push a cart loaded with food...mostly 12 packs of coke...thru a good 10 inches of snow...i still cant figure out why one didnt stay with the cart while the other one got the car....then two guys are standing outside their trucks...asking each other why they were there when the 3rd guy walks up with his big purchase..a 2 liter pepsi...the cussing began....i couldnt handle walmart so i got back in my car and went o harris teeter it was more of the same....i left boone...went to a local food store and got food...now i was aware of having to carry the food in.....but somehow i ended up with three bags and a box of clementines....i got them up the drive...my hand was numb but i got them up the drive...

*pushes larger needle in 'ravi doll'*

omg we all are gonna neg rep your ass......

lol....sun? what is that? we have heard rumors of it....but in reality....we know not of what you speak

a better idea:

lets all go to ravi's ...checking radios map....and stay with her...eat her out of house and home..drink all her beer.....you know be houseguests till the spring come

Not much goin' on up nort' here in Wisconsin for snow... "aye," but how 'bout dem Packers... :D

It's cold up here, and it doesn't snow when it stays this cold. We had a couple days where it got up to 45 and rained. That melted most of the snow and it hasn't snowed anything really since. Fine with me. I hate the cold, and I hate the snow. I'm otta here...

snow003.jpg

snow001s.jpg

snow002.jpg

How in the living FUCK does Atlanta get more snow than sonofabitching WISCONSIN!?!?!??! :lol:

Last edited:
All you guys just need to buy all weather radials for your cars.

Almost nobody in the North buys snow tires.

The other thing you guys might have to do is learn how to drive in the snow and ice.

Get out in an abandoned parking lot and learn to drive through the skids.

It's not only possible that it could save your life, but it's also a hell of a lot of fun to learn this driving technique someplace where you won't have an accident while you're learning it.

I would probably go through 2 sets of all weather radial tires (at least) before actually having the opportunity to use them.

Last time this happened was 17 years ago.

Just walked the neighborhood. Everything is covered in ice now. It's like someone ran the snow through a quick flash furnace and gave it a glaze. Weird. Never seen that before. 4 inches of powder under a quarter inch glaze of ice.

Just walked the neighborhood. Everything is covered in ice now. It's like someone ran the snow through a quick flash furnace and gave it a glaze. Weird. Never seen that before. 4 inches of powder under a quarter inch glaze of ice.

Move up here. Happens all the time.

Forum List

Back