Snowpacolypse 2011 is approaching

yall are really at 5 inches of snow....omg.. da man just said 'ah their fucked'
we know yall dont have mal for removal equipment and a lot of the houses dont bother with much foundation insultation....and yall dont have clothes for it...a friend was in hot town a few weeks ago after a cold spell yall had...said dick's looked like it had been robbed...all the north face stuff was gone...

i hope the electric stays on for ya...you got supplies and all....man there will be a run on tp, milk, bread and eggs....people go nuts when it snow...

I got it under control. I have firewood, and we have a gas range/oven. So I can cook a turkey if we want. 3 gallons of milk, and I can make our own bread.

Right now the snow isn't bad to drive on. But we're supposed to get 2" of sleet today, and a quarter inch of straight ice accumulation on top of that. Then the shit will REALLY hit the fan.

We had family at our place over the holidays. So we loaded up on TP. We can eat turkey and wipe our asses with no problems for at least 5 days.

But just in case, I'm fattening up the dogs.

The South just isn't prepared to deal with real winter weather because trafitionally it didn't get much of it.

And it seems to me that of late the deep South has gotten more than its fair share of it.

If I posited that wilder swings in weather like this are evide3nce of glabal warming, would many of you think me mad?

When it gets hotter around the equator, that hotter air drives the jet stream further north on some other part of the globe. Thus colder air at the arctic moves further south on another part of the globe and collides with that warmer moister air further South than normal.

So we can probably expect wilder swings in weather (and a different location for the snow belt) in the temperate zones.

The northern termperate zone can expect hotter periods during summers and the southern termperate zone will experience colder (and (probably more snow and freezing rain and such) during the winter thanks to these titantic battles of weather fronts

The futher northern winters seem to have been less snowy of late.

That's because while its still very cold, the jet stream's warmer moister air is getting hit by arctic cold air further south than it typically did.

So instead of the collision of warm moist air hitting dry cold air happening up North, you folks down sourth are getting the snow when those fronts collide over your area.

The Middle atlantic states seem to be (for now, at least) the snow belt.

I think PA had gotten more snow than Maine for most of the ten years or so.

And while it is still warmer on average down there, the inclement winter events seem to occurring down there more than up here.

I think we've all noticed that its also raining a hell of a lot more than we've expected, too, right?

That is another expected outcome of global warming (which really ought to be called global WEIRDING).

I suspect what is happening is the termperate zone is shifting north.

Last edited:
where i live...we have winters...we are able to deal with the damned snow....but what really upsets me...not being able to get up the drive way.....we iz on day 3 i think of not being able to drive all the way to the house...the atv is in the shop...dont even ask...just dont ask....so its walking in and out....i am ready to buy a new atv lol

where i live...we have winters...we are able to deal with the damned snow....but what really upsets me...not being able to get up the drive way.....we iz on day 3 i think of not being able to drive all the way to the house...the atv is in the shop...dont even ask...just dont ask....so its walking in and out....i am ready to buy a new atv lol

I couldn't make it back up my driveway when I got home either. I'm thinking of getting an ATV as well.

Those 15 yards are fucking brutal.

I couldn't make it back up my driveway when I got home either. I'm thinking of getting an ATV as well.

Those 15 yards are fucking brutal.

You need 4 of these:

mowaerator1.jpg

that would do it....

radio stay off the roads when the ice hits.....one thing about the ice..dont care what kinda drive you got......all wheels slide

hubby commenting on big ass suv.....is that thing 4 wheel drive...

that is a mess for yall....i just heard on the news ...4 states are declaring state of emergency....ga, la, tn, sc...

Is that an empty Mtn Dew bottle on the table?

It's an empty 2 liter bottle of ginger ale. I use it for adding water to the smoker. I smoked a brisket yesterday, and forgot and left it out.

But that should give you an idea of the accumulation. It's to the top of the label. And thats a wrought iron table, so it's meshed, so when the snow began not all of it was sticking to it. It was falling through.

hubby commenting on big ass suv.....is that thing 4 wheel drive...

that is a mess for yall....i just heard on the news ...4 states are declaring state of emergency....ga, la, tn, sc...

No, not 4 wheel drive. Not ours either. It's my father-n laws. They've been out of the country and wanted to keep it at our place while they were gone. They leave their garage open for their dogs, and didn't like the idea of cars sitting in their while it's wide open. *shrug* So we kept it for them. They're back now, but I'm not driving it back to them anytime soon unless he throws a fit.

That small gold car at the street is ours. And the black beast you see parked at the street as well.

It's going to get up to 80 here today. :)

Oh, it was about 10 degrees this morning. I ran the garbage out, started my car up and stayed quite warm in my new coat I got for Christmas.

Still, that's about 20 minutes I'll get back in the Spring and I really don't like having to bundle up just to go outside but I do hate hot weather. Last Summer here was ridiculously hot from June through September.

Forum List

Back