Snowpacolypse 2011 is approaching

I have one of these doohicky's.

LED_1W_High_Power_Headlamp.jpg

It's getting dark outside. 3:30 in the afternoon, but looks like 5:30, right at dusk.

The iceman cometh.

I think I'll go grill something.

That sounds like perfect weather from braising something in the oven - like a brisket or a pot roast.

I grill everything. I'd grill a bowl of cereal if I could.

It's also somewhat a weird tradition that when odd weather is approaching, I grill. I've been out there in thunderstorms, snow, ice, and wind storms.

Hence, I must go satiate a primaeval instinct now, and go cook raw meat over an open fire.

Barbecue University®

January of 76 I was at Ft Gordon GA. There was one of the infamous Ice storms. Seemed like within minutes everything had a half inch of ice covering everything. Suddenly there was an explosion and a big puff of Brown smoke came out of one of the small transformers. That puff jumped from pole to pole for about a quarter mile until it hit the main transformers near Signal Towers. Most of Ft Gordon was without power for about 5 hours.

Lots of luck.....

That sounds like perfect weather from braising something in the oven - like a brisket or a pot roast.

It's also somewhat a weird tradition that when odd weather is approaching, I grill. I've been out there in thunderstorms, snow, ice, and wind storms.

Hence, I must go satiate a primaeval instinct now, and go cook raw meat over an open fire.

Barbecue University®

Bookmarked! Thanks!

January of 76 I was at Ft Gordon GA. There was one of the infamous Ice storms. Seemed like within minutes everything had a half inch of ice covering everything. Suddenly there was an explosion and a big puff of Brown smoke came out of one of the small transformers. That puff jumped from pole to pole for about a quarter mile until it hit the main transformers near Signal Towers. Most of Ft Gordon was without power for about 5 hours.

Lots of luck.....

I like bad weather.

Reminds me of Florida, when I worked at a station there. We would "go to the mattresses" whenever a hurricane came through.

According to the weather map, it's supposed to be snowing like a mo-fo here. But nothing yet....

Barbecue University®

Bookmarked! Thanks!
I'm with ya on the grillin' Radio. I do too, when it's warm enough to be standing outside.

That BBQ-U show used to be on TV. I watched it all the time when I lived in Reno. I haven't seen it since I moved back here to Wisconsin.

Anyway, I have a good old friend that lives near you in Albany. I've been throwing around the idea of moving down there.

oooooooooo and radio is whining abotu a little snow.....boo fucking hoo

my front porch, yesterday:

004-6.jpg

and we have had two or three more inches of snow since then. get back to me when you have more than an inch

i assure you i am feeding the woodstove as fast as i can...yesterday i had both stoves going...i feel like a wood chuck ...which in the south is called a ground hog

yall are really at 5 inches of snow....omg.. da man just said 'ah their fucked'
we know yall dont have mal for removal equipment and a lot of the houses dont bother with much foundation insultation....and yall dont have clothes for it...a friend was in hot town a few weeks ago after a cold spell yall had...said dick's looked like it had been robbed...all the north face stuff was gone...

i hope the electric stays on for ya...you got supplies and all....man there will be a run on tp, milk, bread and eggs....people go nuts when it snow...

Forum List

Back