Snow

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Strollingbones its coming your way, we've got about an in inch the past 45min.

it hit us about 4:40...coming down hard....over an inch on the ground now....so that is less than an hour...but this is just the foreshadowing...they say tomorrow will bring the major part of the snow....12 inches tonight and another 18 inches tomorrow....

it hit us about 4:40...coming down hard....over an inch on the ground now....so that is less than an hour...but this is just the foreshadowing...they say tomorrow will bring the major part of the snow....12 inches tonight and another 18 inches tomorrow....

I hope we get a foot at least.

a friend said you cant buy milk, bread or eggs....stores are empty...people always do that....panic buy

i have baked a bit...in case the electric goes...we were lucky last time..we kept electric..other people were out for a week....we have a generator but damn its a devil to use and probably needs some cleaning

a friend said you cant buy milk, bread or eggs....stores are empty...people always do that....panic buy

i have baked a bit...in case the electric goes...we were lucky last time..we kept electric..other people were out for a week....we have a generator but damn its a devil to use and probably needs some cleaning

I went to Lowes for a pipe fitting and saw 20 people in the heating dept. looking for kero-heater they said they sold 40 heaters in one hour. no one had any

Snow is coming down hard here. They keep updating the prediction so I don't know what we will get.

I learned a little last year. While I was away working for most of the aftermath of the ice storm, I was here two days. On the way in, no one would sell me any water and I didn't have a lot of food, nor did I have a kerosene heater.

This year I have all of that. Food, water, kerosene, etc.

If it's just snow we probably won't lose power, but my friends keep telling me to get a whole house natural or propane generator and put it on a transfer switch. I don't know how many kinds of miserable I will have to be before I do that, though.

Snow is coming down hard here. They keep updating the prediction so I don't know what we will get.

I learned a little last year. While I was away working for most of the aftermath of the ice storm, I was here two days. On the way in, no one would sell me any water and I didn't have a lot of food, nor did I have a kerosene heater.

If it's just snow we probably won't lose power, but my friends keep telling me to get a whole house natural or propane generator and put it on a transfer switch. I don't know how many kinds of miserable I will have to be before I do that, though.

where do you live? no one would sell you water? why, all the pipes frozen...

panic buying of heaters will result in a lot of fires...it was quiet here last night....i havent really gotten out...it being dark and cold out there..the dogs are even quiet and its feeding time for them...matter of fact the whole house is quiet....oddly enough

It's a nice town, Bones, what big city are you close to?

Stay safe and warm this weekend, let your hubby and son do the shoveling. it's very cold here right now and I am going out to meet my family for breakfast but later, I'll find things to do inside.

major city....well i guess boone nc...its easy to find on a map....mostly we go to johnson city tn....for shopping and such...we are on the border...

about 2 inches here in SE Virginia right now, they said we can get 8 to 10 inches but I think only 5 or 6

Here's a webcam pointing at an icy Cedar Point and Lake Erie. Up top of the page is what it is supposed to look like.

Park Webcams, Online Fun, Cedar Point

I like looking at webcams, I'll follow the storm on yours throughout the day.

Best park in the world!

It really is, it's unnerving to see it like this though. I was down near the lake this morning and the cold is like Fairbanks. No wind but icy cold. Rough weather around here sometimes.

When we get a lot of snow here, Mrs. BBD and I just crawl under the covers and hibernate (and other things) until the weather becomes more tolerable... Seems to work well for us.

where do you live? no one would sell you water? why, all the pipes frozen...

I live in western KY, but I was working in west TN. Everything was closed, all the power poles were down. It was really bad. But you could drive, the roads were OK. I passed a store where the Coke man was delivering and I thought they were open. When I stopped, they told me they were closed and would not even sell me a gallon of water. The milk of human kindness, don'tcha know!

Anyway, this year I have water, food etc. The lights are still on so I have heat, there is phone service. But there is no water again. The problem isn't inside my house. I have a basement and the only pipes I have that are not in a heated area are in the garage and the temperature downt here is 47. But I have gallons and gallons of water that I bought throughout the year.

Forum List

Back