Snow update!

And this is how much snow we've gotten in the first 3 hours of the storm - which is supposed to be for the next 24 hours!!

And I left work at noon - and just walked in the door at 4 (6 miles)

Originally posted by Joan

Ha! You call that a storm! I've seen bigger snowstorms being kicked up by the ice shavings at a junior hockey tournament! Up here in Canada, a snowsstorm is only classified a snowstorm when the meteorologist can't open the door outside because of the snow. Amateurs!

:D :D :D

Originally posted by Joan
Did you walk??? Heck, I left work at 3:10 p.m., got off the train at 3:55 p.m. and walked (literally) in my door a mile away by 4:15 p.m.

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
Ha! You call that a storm! I've seen bigger snowstorms being kicked up by the ice shavings at a junior hockey tournament! Up here in Canada, a snowsstorm is only classified a snowstorm when the meteorologist can't open the door outside because of the snow. Amateurs!

:D :D :D

:laugh:

Gotta love those Canadians! Any snow for you guys lately, Isaac? It's been snowing here for like 4 hours now and I think we've gotten about 6 inches already.

FU Jim!! Why did you have to post those picks?!?! This SUCKS!!! I want to be HOME!!!! :(

sucks to be you folks up north, trying to snow here but to warm [35] People here dont know how to deal with the stuff anyway, Tennessee, the whole citystate of nashville only has 30 plows:laugh:

just looked at the weather report, hope you folks are careful up that way. It takes the first couple a snows to educate [re] the idiots and nimrods.once they smash THEIR cars and are walking is safe for everyone else. let the youngster scoop the walks too Builds character, least thats what my dad always said:D

Originally posted by jimnyc
:laugh:

Gotta love those Canadians! Any snow for you guys lately, Isaac? It's been snowing here for like 4 hours now and I think we've gotten about 6 inches already.

Haha put it this way. You know how you Americans love to make fun of our military? Well there may be a bit of truth in that. My city has a army base, however we have more snow plows in the city than armoured vehicles. I figure if war ever comes on Canadian soil, all we have to is pile up snow and hide the cities, at least we have the equipment to do that! Yeah, we had about 4 inches yesterday... makes it lovely to run in (seriously!) :D

Ah, the heck with all of you! I left at 11 a.m this morning and just walked in at 7:20 p.m. - one accident, took down a sign for no parking, either that was going, or the car in front of me. One mile to 2 1/2 hours to get to, after that, thought I was going to sail till the next stop, 1 mile another 2 hours! so you can all pound the salt! I am tired, cold, wet! and have to go shovel now. BTW Jim, don't know if you just got the newest update, but blizzard conditions for tomorrow afternoon and night - they say on top of 4- 6 inches, another 2 - 4 tonight and another 14 tomorrow, have fun!!!! :)

Originally posted by jon_forward
let the youngster scoop the walks too Builds character, least thats what my dad always said:D
I think your dad knew my dad, I was begining to wonder how much character a person could build?

Yep! :) so much for the no parking sign, guess anyone can get away with parking there till they fix it! hehehe! It was just solid ice, and I knew even dropping down to 1, there was no way of avoiding it unless I hit a car. I braced for it, never thinking how loud it would be and how the metal just snapped! looked around, saw that no one had seen me, and quickly got out of there! the few with me, cracked up!!!!! It's getting worse and worse out there and nothing but damn morons driving.

Here's a couple of night shots, as the snow continues!

Here's the same path cut out as before. It looks like almost the same amount, but MUCH more compressed now.

I not implying that I was talking about you earlier in this thread but:rolleyes: glad no body [cept maybe your pride] was hurt.... cars can be replaced... friends cannot!!! be careful

Originally posted by janeeng
Yep! :) so much for the no parking sign, guess anyone can get away with parking there till they fix it! hehehe! It was just solid ice, and I knew even dropping down to 1, there was no way of avoiding it unless I hit a car. I braced for it, never thinking how loud it would be and how the metal just snapped! looked around, saw that no one had seen me, and quickly got out of there! the few with me, cracked up!!!!! It's getting worse and worse out there and nothing but damn morons driving.
You nut! Where were the kids? Where were the school kids? Glad you are alright. :D :D :D

Forum List

Back