Smokers... (Why) do you litter your butts everywhere?

Smokers... (Why) do you litter your butts everywhere?

• I'm a smoker, I litter my butts almost all the time (see below for why).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a smoker, I litter my butts only when I have no alternative.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I'm a smoker, I litter my butts almost never.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I'm not a smoker.

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
ScreamingEagle said:
I don't know. Can't remember that I did. However, I agree the law is the law and must be followed until it is changed. The law reflects the will of the people.

Unfortunately the libs have too many people hyped into thinking that smoking is much more important than things like say, pedophilia, for example. In fact, it was one of our resident liberals on this board that brought up this so very "important" subject because that's what's on their minds. Our society is becoming one big sick, dirty ashtray (in the greater sense) yet those "superior" liberals focus on the "more important" things like cigarette butts. :coffee3:

Why don't you tell us what the ScreamingEagle-approved thread topics are, so that we don't worry about potentially upsetting you in the future. :rolleyes:

gop_jeff said:
I don't think anyone's said that smoking is more important than pedophilia. And apparently, the will of the people in WA is that smoking should be banned in all indoor places of employment. I didn't vote for it personally, but that's the law. So is the $1000 fine for cigarette butt litter - because they can and do cause fires, which costs taxpayers money.

I didn't say that people here thought smoking was more important than pedophilia....except perhaps the libs. They are the ones who have made this such an "important" topic that the rest of us find ourselves talking about it down to the "finer points" like cigarette butts.

Like you say WA has recently banned all indoor smoking. It now has the strictest smoking laws in the nation. A person now can't even go outside the building to smoke unless it is more than 25' outside the doors, window, vents, etc. Talk about the noose being tightened carefully one step at a time. We are getting a close look at liberalism in all its Big Brother glory.

All smoking in bars and clubs is also banned. Many owners are going out of business. Whatever happened to individual property rights? Anybody care about the owners whose small businesses are going broke? Whatever happened to an adult making decisions for himself whether or not to go to a smoky tavern or not? Seems to me that if there are so many non-smokers some owners would cater to them. Free enterprise and all that. Libs promote strip bars but ban smoking? Aren't both things "harmful"? It's amazing the freedom people are willing to give up in the name of "safety".

The ClayTaurus said:
Why don't you tell us what the ScreamingEagle-approved thread topics are, so that we don't worry about potentially upsetting you in the future. :rolleyes:

Whatsa matta clayfoot? Afraid of us potentially changing the stupid liberal agenda someday? Or just mad cause I attacked one of your more successful liberal issues? :cry:

ScreamingEagle said:
Whatsa matta clayfoot? Afraid of us potentially changing the stupid liberal agenda someday? Or just mad cause I attacked one of your more successful liberal issues? :cry:
No, seriously, I just don't want you to get upset over something as silly as a thread about cigarette butts. So let us know the important issue thread topics that we should only discuss, and we can avoid this in the future by never posting anything trivial ever again.

The ClayTaurus said:
No, seriously, I just don't want you to get upset over something as silly as a thread about cigarette butts. So let us know the important issue thread topics that we should only discuss, and we can avoid this in the future by never posting anything trivial ever again.

Seriously, the whole topic of the nicotine nannies is BOGUS.

http://www.davehitt.com/facts/index.html

I wholeheartedly agree with what is said here about The Facts on smoking regulation.

I find the continuing attacks on smokers and smoking a prefect microcosm of just about everything wrong with the United States:

• People unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions or decisions
• Demands that stupidity be profitable
• Insistence that life be risk free
• People who willingly take a well known risk, then demand compensation if they get hurt
• The deep dishonesty of spewing junk science to support an agenda
• The eagerness of the government and charity organizations to create that junk science
• The scientific illiteracy of the masses, which makes it easy for them to accept junk science
• The endless greed of the US government
• The endless greed of many US citizens
• The unfathomable greed of lawyers
• The incessant yammering of the sanctimonious nannies, who insist that they know what's best for everyone else

The worst of the bunch are the nannies. Their self-esteem depends on looking down on others and meddling in their lives. In the past such people resorted to racism and homophobia. Now that such attitudes are socially unacceptable they have chosen smokers (among others) to hate. I'll make no attempt to hide my contempt for them.

http://www.davehitt.com/facts/agendas.html

The ClayTaurus said:
Seriously, this thread is about people throwing their cigarette butts around, not about whether it's right or not to ban people from smoking indoors. Quit getting off topic.

as an x smoker i used to field strip my butts, put the filter in my pocket then throw it away when i saw an ash can...

ScreamingEagle said:
I didn't say that people here thought smoking was more important than pedophilia....except perhaps the libs. They are the ones who have made this such an "important" topic that the rest of us find ourselves talking about it down to the "finer points" like cigarette butts.

Like you say WA has recently banned all indoor smoking. It now has the strictest smoking laws in the nation. A person now can't even go outside the building to smoke unless it is more than 25' outside the doors, window, vents, etc. Talk about the noose being tightened carefully one step at a time. We are getting a close look at liberalism in all its Big Brother glory.

All smoking in bars and clubs is also banned. Many owners are going out of business. Whatever happened to individual property rights? Anybody care about the owners whose small businesses are going broke? Whatever happened to an adult making decisions for himself whether or not to go to a smoky tavern or not? Seems to me that if there are so many non-smokers some owners would cater to them. Free enterprise and all that. Libs promote strip bars but ban smoking? Aren't both things "harmful"? It's amazing the freedom people are willing to give up in the name of "safety".

Hey, I voted against the smoking ban, because I agree, it ought to be a decision that a business owner makes. However, I still haven't seen the droves of small businesspeople filing bankrupcy because they can't allow smoking any more.

And, if you haven't noticed, strip clubs in WA are very regulated, almost to the point that they are going out of business. The owner of Rick's (I think) in Seattle is complaining about the new Seattle regulations that would put all Seattle strip clubs in the ghetto industrial areas south of Safeco.

First, I smoke cigars and pipes mostly at home. When I go somewhere that I can smoke, I smoke cigarettes. If I can't put the butt in a acceptable place, I field strip it and put the filter in my pocket. I "NEVER" throw a butt out of the car window. I do a very gross thing too. When I go into a place like a restaurant that is no smoking, I get a Styrofoam cup and put a napkin in it and fill my mouth with chewing tobacco and spit in the cup. If you don't like me smoking, you darned sure aren't going to like what else I do.

The ClayTaurus said:
Seriously, this thread is about people throwing their cigarette butts around, not about whether it's right or not to ban people from smoking indoors. Quit getting off topic.

Not off topic at all. The only reason people are now so concerned about throwing their butts around is BECAUSE smoking indoors where ashtrays are located is now banned. Many places don't have "smoking rooms" so people smoke outside and dispose of their butts outside as well.

More fires are just another consequence of "superb" liberal thinking. Just like the other consequences of businesses going broke and jobs being lost. Probably even more children are now exposed to smoke as well because their parents, denied smoking at work and elsewhere, are now probably smoking twice as much at home. Not to mention that your personal habits are being micromanaged by the government.

ScreamingEagle said:
Not off topic at all. The only reason people are now so concerned about throwing their butts around is BECAUSE smoking indoors where ashtrays are located is now banned. Many places don't have "smoking rooms" so people smoke outside and dispose of their butts outside as well.

More fires are just another consequence of "superb" liberal thinking. Just like the other consequences of businesses going broke and jobs being lost. Probably even more children are now exposed to smoke as well because their parents, denied smoking at work and elsewhere, are now probably smoking twice as much at home. Not to mention that your personal habits are being micromanaged by the government.
Wow. Completely ignore personal responsibility because you can't smoke indoors. That's... brilliant. I didn't think your party was big on excuses? I'm going to start looking for all the ways I feel the government is screwing me, so I can use them to justify shitty behaivor that I wouldn't otherwise do, but am driven to by the government.
Probably even more children are now exposed to smoke as well because their parents, denied smoking at work and elsewhere, are now probably smoking twice as much at home.
Based on what? It's not like the buzz is going to last them longer through work if they cram a whole bunch in their face whenever they get the chance. You just made this up, didn't you?

The ClayTaurus said:
Wow. Completely ignore personal responsibility because you can't smoke indoors. That's... brilliant. I didn't think your party was big on excuses? I'm going to start looking for all the ways I feel the government is screwing me, so I can use them to justify shitty behaivor that I wouldn't otherwise do, but am driven to by the government.Based on what? It's not like the buzz is going to last them longer through work if they cram a whole bunch in their face whenever they get the chance. You just made this up, didn't you?
ScreamingEagle may have made it up for himself, but it is very true. I know from experience. I do it myself.

Merlin said:
ScreamingEagle may have made it up for himself, but it is very true. I know from experience. I do it myself.
Ok. I was just kind of shocked that SE was suggesting that parents are making their children suffer more because they lack the restraint to at least not smoke around them. He's sensationalizing. Smoking two cigarettes at once doesn't mean you'll have a buzz for twice as long.

gop_jeff said:
Hey, I voted against the smoking ban, because I agree, it ought to be a decision that a business owner makes. However, I still haven't seen the droves of small businesspeople filing bankrupcy because they can't allow smoking any more.

And, if you haven't noticed, strip clubs in WA are very regulated, almost to the point that they are going out of business. The owner of Rick's (I think) in Seattle is complaining about the new Seattle regulations that would put all Seattle strip clubs in the ghetto industrial areas south of Safeco.

It was my experience when stationed in CA when I went to bars, the inside of the bar would be half-filled with people while the smoking patio outside would be jammed like a sardine can. One place I frequented went so far as to put heat lamps outside, and a small bar because all the business was THERE, not inside.

It seems ludicrious to me that it's okay to pickle your liver, get behind the wheel of a two-ton missile and hurl yourself down the road at 50-70 mph, but Heaven forbid somebody light up around them.

And to the person, it has come to my attention that the most avid ranters against smoking usually tip the scales at around 300 lbs. They'll die from clogged arteries and/or heart failure long before some second-hand smoke does them in.

My problem with smoking isn't so much the health hazards (my lungs are very healthy and can easily purge the tiny effects of second hand smoke), but the smell. I despise the smell of burning tobacco. However, that being the case, I don't mind if you smoke around me, so long as you're downwind. I was perfectly content with smoking/non-smoking sections in restaurants.

Oh, and about the cigarette butt thing, what really ticks me off is on the highway. You have an ash tray, use it. I know at least one person who has burned the inside of his car by tossing a butt out the window with the back window open, and I'm sure one's hit the car behind the smoker before, too.

Hobbit said:
My problem with smoking isn't so much the health hazards (my lungs are very healthy and can easily purge the tiny effects of second hand smoke), but the smell. I despise the smell of burning tobacco. However, that being the case, I don't mind if you smoke around me, so long as you're downwind. I was perfectly content with smoking/non-smoking sections in restaurants.

Oh, and about the cigarette butt thing, what really ticks me off is on the highway. You have an ash tray, use it. I know at least one person who has burned the inside of his car by tossing a butt out the window with the back window open, and I'm sure one's hit the car behind the smoker before, too.

It's a lot of fun taking a red hot burning cigarette in the face. I had a Jeep CJ-5 for years and would drive it with the windshield down, I was hit by a cig. at a combined speed of probably 70 miles an hour. . . it burned a hole in my beard. That was a pleasant experience, the smell was really what made it special.

jAZ said:
This is one thing that I've never understood.

Some smokers won't throw any regular garbage in the street, but they will pitch a 100 butts a day anywhere but the ashtray.

What are those filters made of, cotton??? No.. Man made polyester type material. Biodegradable? No. Full of contaminents?? Yes,, known carcinagens, even new ones. Why are they on cigarettes??? Taxes.. Them little tampaxes loaded with tobacco makes lots of money for your country's insatiable need to piss money away..

People who have clean cars and houses, but smoke, are your worst culprits for tossing butts at stop lights and intersections.. One old hose bag we know keeps a clean car and house, but emptys her car's ashtray on the way to the store when she buys more cancer sticks..

Solution.

Charge $20-$25 a pack for FILTERED smokes starting tomorrow. Unfiltered should be only $3-5 a pack (sold in a 100% biodegradable paper package). Get somebody who needs a job, give them a resperator and some rubber gloves. Dedicate some ching from the sale of butts to pay this person to pick up the butts and to dispose of them in a proper place. Bring in your old box, or a baggy to buy your smokes from a dispensing machine.. Get rid of chromed paper (shiney stuff). Either smoke your butts soon, or they will get stale. Most people do so this shouldn't be a problem. If you can make a pack last a month, put your smokes in a peanut jar like I keep my stoagies, or give up smoking. :firing:

You smokers want cancer, or take your chances, so be it.. I don't want to clean up after you aholes either.. Keep your f'n butts in your car and dispose of properly. :smoke:

Hobbit said:

See my post earlier in the thread. That pisses me off more than anything when im driving and i see a lit butt flying at my car.

insein said:
See my post earlier in the thread. That pisses me off more than anything when im driving and i see a lit butt flying at my car.

I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it first hand,, cigarette butts causing fires to landscaping mulch.. On any given day in dry summer,, two to three in front of where??? A cancer hospital!! :clap1:

All kidding aside, a buddy of mine left this earth last week. He just turned 50, was a smoker,, he probably lit some of the fires in front of that hospital himself (before he knew he had lung cancer). I almost didn't recognize him as he looked 85-100years old. No lie. THe kemo, and cocktail bombs didn't stop the disease.....

.hmmmmmmm? I said to myself, if I got anything of value from knowing him, and seeing him tits up in the box, it would be that I had the opportunity to quit smoking my cigars.. Lonsdales, churchills, 52 ring maduros,,ahhh such satisfaction from that evil creation.. Do you know how addicting these things are cause of the nicotine hit you get?? It has been about 9 days,,,,ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT A STOAGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! St P... Give me the strength to resist!!!! :trolls:

Forum List

Back