Sleeper Issue? GOP wants to dismantle the VA and throw veterans under the bus.

Proposed by a Republican congress.................to give access to vets outside the VA...................IT IS NOW THE LAW.

H.R.3230 - 113th Congress (2013-2014): Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014

Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 - Title I: Improvement of Access to Care from Non-Department of Veterans Affairs Providers - (Sec. 101) Requires hospital care and medical services to be furnished to veterans through agreements with specified non-Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) facilities if the veterans:
  • have been unable to schedule an appointment at a VA medical facility within the Veterans Health Administration's (VHA's) wait-time goals for hospital care or medical services and such veterans opt for non-VA care or services;
  • reside more than 40 miles from a VA medical facility;
  • reside in a state without a VA medical facility that provides hospital care, emergency medical services, and surgical care and such veterans reside more than 20 miles from such a facility; or
  • reside within 40 miles of a VA medical facility but are required to travel by air, boat, or ferry to reach such facility or such veterans face an unusual or excessive geographical burden in accessing the facility.
Provides for such care through agreements with any health care provider participating in the Medicare program, any federally-qualified health center, the Department of Defense (DOD), and the Indian Health Service (IHS).
Requires the VA to establish an electronic waiting list that is accessible, via a specified VA website, to veterans who have been unable to schedule an appointment at a VA medical facility within the VHA's wait-time goals so that they can make an informed choice of whether or not to receive care and services at non-VA facilities.

I think veterans should have medical cards that work at any hospital and not be restricted to second rate VA only clinics.
VA medical care is considered some of the best in the world. Don't drink GOP swill. Soon, you might believe trickle down is sound economics and we went to Iraq to liberate people and they hate us for our freedom. GOP Swill can turn really smart people stupid.
And try not to get any on you. It turns your skin white.
Your a fucking Idiot. The VA Mishandling of our Vets has been killing them. Not to mention they are not always right next door. There aren't enough of them to offer prompt service to those needing to see a doctor. My son fractured his foot......aka toe..........He has access to the VA after getting out. He called and was told he could get an appointment in a couple of months............LOL........Then told he could go to the ER 2 1/2 hours away and HOPE he could get seen there...........that he could be there a day before being seen...........

I took him to the doc and paid for the xray and they taped his toes together...............Cost a $100 just up the street.

What Carson is saying.............get these Hospitals under DOD control, and Clinics.............aka Military Management, provide a means to get LOCAL CARE at ANY HOSPITAL just as the DOD does..................or AT ANY LOCAL BASE CLINIC OR HOSPITAL in the area...............Case in point.............I got saw dust in my eye while home on Leave............Since I was active duty I went to the local Coast Guard Clinic to get it flushed.............All I had to do is show my military I.d..................Just 15 minutes from home. Problem over, and there was no lines...............

Liberals have a LOT OF NERVE saying only the GOP has screwed this shit up...........

Just for fun, give us some links that show how Republicans help veterans. Just for fun. You can do it. Let's see you try At least once.

WATCH: Senator Destroys Republicans for Underfunding VA by $850 Million

Obama Stands Up For Veterans By Vowing To Veto GOP Bill That Cut Benefits For 70,000 Vets
Senate Democrats block VA budget bill
Senate Democrats on Thursday blocked plans for a nearly $164 billion Veterans Affairs Department budget for fiscal 2016 over objections to Republicans’ overarching spending plans and a lack of progress on a compromise budget deal.
The procedural move follows similar decisions to stall the fiscal 2016 defense appropriations bill earlier this year and echoes President Obama’s pledge to veto any budget measure that does not repeal mandatory spending caps looming over all federal operations.
Republicans decried the move as playing politics at the expense of veterans. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., called it “one more example of Democrats preventing us from doing our business.”

ALL or NOTHING DEMS the real Obstructionist...................Wanting a blank check to spend with no ceilings..........BLOCKING critical VA and military spending.
Read the rest of your link. It's not about veterans. It's about Republicans USING veterans to get what they want. More money for contractors. You want another example? It's almost the same thing.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says

Notice that comes from the right wing and conservative Christian Science Monitor. Read it. Republicans were holding hostage millions of Americans who had lost their jobs under the Bush Administration. Republicans were saying they would block unemployment benefits for millions of Americans if Obama didn't extend the Bush Tax cuts for the rich. Now, they could have said Democrats were blocking unemployment benefits for unemployed Americans. But the Christian Science Monitor wasn't having it. They understood what was actually going on. If Democrats were actually blocking benefits for Veterans, not only would it be all over the news and Fox, but Democrats would revolt. They would rise up against the Democrat establishment. But when it comes to Republicans cutting veterans benefits, or school lunches for children or Social Security or daycare, no one surprised. It's what the GOP does. What is expected from them. Now you can deny it, but deep down you know it's true.

I think veterans should have medical cards that work at any hospital and not be restricted to second rate VA only clinics.
VA medical care is considered some of the best in the world. Don't drink GOP swill. Soon, you might believe trickle down is sound economics and we went to Iraq to liberate people and they hate us for our freedom. GOP Swill can turn really smart people stupid.
Your a fucking Idiot. The VA Mishandling of our Vets has been killing them. Not to mention they are not always right next door. There aren't enough of them to offer prompt service to those needing to see a doctor. My son fractured his foot......aka toe..........He has access to the VA after getting out. He called and was told he could get an appointment in a couple of months............LOL........Then told he could go to the ER 2 1/2 hours away and HOPE he could get seen there...........that he could be there a day before being seen...........

I took him to the doc and paid for the xray and they taped his toes together...............Cost a $100 just up the street.

What Carson is saying.............get these Hospitals under DOD control, and Clinics.............aka Military Management, provide a means to get LOCAL CARE at ANY HOSPITAL just as the DOD does..................or AT ANY LOCAL BASE CLINIC OR HOSPITAL in the area...............Case in point.............I got saw dust in my eye while home on Leave............Since I was active duty I went to the local Coast Guard Clinic to get it flushed.............All I had to do is show my military I.d..................Just 15 minutes from home. Problem over, and there was no lines...............

Liberals have a LOT OF NERVE saying only the GOP has screwed this shit up...........

Just for fun, give us some links that show how Republicans help veterans. Just for fun. You can do it. Let's see you try At least once.

WATCH: Senator Destroys Republicans for Underfunding VA by $850 Million

Obama Stands Up For Veterans By Vowing To Veto GOP Bill That Cut Benefits For 70,000 Vets
Senate Democrats block VA budget bill
Senate Democrats on Thursday blocked plans for a nearly $164 billion Veterans Affairs Department budget for fiscal 2016 over objections to Republicans’ overarching spending plans and a lack of progress on a compromise budget deal.
The procedural move follows similar decisions to stall the fiscal 2016 defense appropriations bill earlier this year and echoes President Obama’s pledge to veto any budget measure that does not repeal mandatory spending caps looming over all federal operations.
Republicans decried the move as playing politics at the expense of veterans. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., called it “one more example of Democrats preventing us from doing our business.”

ALL or NOTHING DEMS the real Obstructionist...................Wanting a blank check to spend with no ceilings..........BLOCKING critical VA and military spending.
Read the rest of your link. It's not about veterans. It's about Republicans USING veterans to get what they want. More money for contractors. You want another example? It's almost the same thing.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says

Notice that comes from the right wing and conservative Christian Science Monitor. Read it. Republicans were holding hostage millions of Americans who had lost their jobs under the Bush Administration. Republicans were saying they would block unemployment benefits for millions of Americans if Obama didn't extend the Bush Tax cuts for the rich. Now, they could have said Democrats were blocking unemployment benefits for unemployed Americans. But the Christian Science Monitor wasn't having it. They understood what was actually going on. If Democrats were actually blocking benefits for Veterans, not only would it be all over the news and Fox, but Democrats would revolt. They would rise up against the Democrat establishment. But when it comes to Republicans cutting veterans benefits, or school lunches for children or Social Security or daycare, no one surprised. It's what the GOP does. What is expected from them. Now you can deny it, but deep down you know it's true.
Both sides have fucked over the VA and our Veterans for Decades..........................

Your thread is that it's ALL THE GOP'S FAULT make you laughable to me..................your side cut the hell out of the military under Clinton....................and with GOP Support for shutting down bases...............to cut the budget........At the same time cutting Welfare spending VIA GOV'T SHUT DOWNS............Forced to do.it.................

and then it's LOOK AT WHAT WE DEMS DID.............Utter Horse Hockey and you know it..................

The problem with the VA needs to be fixed............Period..............stop playing politics with the damned thing............Just let them see outside sources as was PASSED BY LAW...............as I've already sourced............and increase the funding if necessary.............Even if it means cutting somewhere else our even some other military deal.

Proposed by a Republican congress.................to give access to vets outside the VA...................IT IS NOW THE LAW.

H.R.3230 - 113th Congress (2013-2014): Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014

Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 - Title I: Improvement of Access to Care from Non-Department of Veterans Affairs Providers - (Sec. 101) Requires hospital care and medical services to be furnished to veterans through agreements with specified non-Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) facilities if the veterans:
  • have been unable to schedule an appointment at a VA medical facility within the Veterans Health Administration's (VHA's) wait-time goals for hospital care or medical services and such veterans opt for non-VA care or services;
  • reside in a state without a VA medical facility that provides hospital care, emergency medical services, and surgical care and such veterans reside more than 20 miles from such a facility; or
  • reside within 40 miles of a VA medical facility but are required to travel by air, boat, or ferry to reach such facility or such veterans face an unusual or excessive geographical burden in accessing the facility.
Provides for such care through agreements with any health care provider participating in the Medicare program, any federally-qualified health center, the Department of Defense (DOD), and the Indian Health Service (IHS).
Requires the VA to establish an electronic waiting list that is accessible, via a specified VA website, to veterans who have been unable to schedule an appointment at a VA medical facility within the VHA's wait-time goals so that they can make an informed choice of whether or not to receive care and services at non-VA facilities.
Sounds good until you read the entire bill. Did you? Or did you read the just the title? It was submitted by a Republican. Not many bills to help anyone in any way are submitted by the GOP.

Basically, it says that if a veteran is farther than a set distance away from a VA facility, it's possible to get help from another health care facility. But buried in the bill is that one sleazy thing I really, really hate about Republicans in congress.

Directs the Secretary to submit a funding plan to Congress describing how the Secretary intends to use such funds.

The funding is not spelled out in the bill. Republicans in congress are tricky. They will pass a feel good bill. And say, "See how we help people"? Then they won't fund it. The most famous case of that was Bush's "No child left behind". That is where all those jokes came from about "Every child left behind". Is because people were making fun of the fact it was a policy without funding. And what do we call a policy without funding? No policy at all.

Just a suggestion, these right wingers that scream liar and call names are ignorant. If you post a bill, read it. If you post an article, read it. Once I changed the title to a link making it the opposite of what the link actually said. Republicans were agreeing with the article when in reality, they were agreeing with the title, they had never read the article. Don't you be like that. If you want to debate, fine, but read your links thoroughly. Make sure you have the facts. Otherwise, it's possible to look like a troll. Being called a troll by trolls is a badge of honor. But actually being a troll is not.

Sounds good until you read the entire bill. Did you? Or did you read the just the title? It was submitted by a Republican. Not many bills to help anyone in any way are submitted by the GOP.

Basically, it says that if a veteran is farther than a set distance away from a VA facility, it's possible to get help from another health care facility. But buried in the bill is that one sleazy thing I really, really hate about Republicans in congress.

Directs the Secretary to submit a funding plan to Congress describing how the Secretary intends to use such funds.

The funding is not spelled out in the bill. Republicans in congress are tricky. They will pass a feel good bill. And say, "See how we help people"? Then they won't fund it. The most famous case of that was Bush's "No child left behind". That is where all those jokes came from about "Every child left behind". Is because people were making fun of the fact it was a policy without funding. And what do we call a policy without funding? No policy at all.

Just a suggestion, these right wingers that scream liar and call names are ignorant. If you post a bill, read it. If you post an article, read it. Once I changed the title to a link making it the opposite of what the link actually said. Republicans were agreeing with the article when in reality, they were agreeing with the title, they had never read the article. Don't you be like that. If you want to debate, fine, but read your links thoroughly. Make sure you have the facts. Otherwise, it's possible to look like a troll. Being called a troll by trolls is a badge of honor. But actually being a troll is not.
Tell the Secretary to submit the damned plan to CONGRESS THEN.....................If he can't do it............Fire his ass and find someone that can.

That's just ignorant.

VA hospital are among the best in the world. Veterans aren't mad at the care, they are mad because they can't get in. Republicans, dumber and more ignorant the closer we get to the election.

Tell the Secretary to submit the damned plan to CONGRESS THEN.....................If he can't do it............Fire his ass and find someone that can.
You mean the Republican controlled House?

Yeah I love waiting for hours at a VA emergency room I also love the month or more I have to wait for Doctors appointments, I had an appointment for an MRI on my back a few days before the appointment I was told I also needed one for my knees instead of doing them both at the same time they scheduled the knees 2 months later. Those are just a few of my experiences with "some of the best" medical care in the world.

That's just ignorant.

VA hospital are among the best in the world. Veterans aren't mad at the care, they are mad because they can't get in. Republicans, dumber and more ignorant the closer we get to the election.
I'm a Vet. If I get the flu it takes a month or longer to get an appointment.
I have to drive all the way over to Orlando for my Cancer treatments instead of using the local VA Clinic.

Yeah I love waiting for hours at a VA emergency room I also love the month or more I have to wait for Doctors appointments, I had an appointment for an MRI on my back a few days before the appointment I was told I also needed one for my knees instead of doing them both at the same time they scheduled the knees 2 months later. Those are just a few of my experiences with "some of the best" medical care in the world.
You wait because it's good health care, once you get in. Long waiting lines have nothing to do with the actual care. And you can blame the long waiting lines on Republicans blocking funding for wounded veterans. They pour money into "keeping us safe", but when it comes to those who kept us safe? Who knows. Considering the lack of GOP actual support, maybe they like to laugh at them. They don't help them, certainly.

Look at Bush laughing at what he did. Is he laughing at them or with them? To me it's unclear. He has never shown a bit of remorse at what he did. Neither have Republicans for that matter. Until Trump.

d1155b01f84e0c7a6595a6b63a3aae3a.jpg

I bet he's asking, "Can I take it for a spin?"

80850080-president-george-w-bush-greets-an-gettyimages.jpg

You wait because it's good health care, once you get in. Long waiting lines have nothing to do with the actual care.

Your joking right either that or you have no idea what the hell your talking about. hours of waiting so that you can see a physicians assistant for 5 minutes, who will just write prescriptions to drug you into submission. That's changed though now you go though all of the waiting and 5 minutes of examination so that they can schedule you a doctors appointment a month or more away. Then your primary writes out a prescription to drug you into submission.
By the way Democrats voted for the war in Iraq and were for action against the country before Bush was even in office.

Forum List

Back