Veterans for Trump

Discussion in 'Military' started by midcan5, Jul 20, 2016.

1. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,991
    Why do veterans support Trump? Do they really think he will change the republican party's policies? Trump like so many republicans was a draft dodger. Lots of men were, I've only met one in my life who was honest and admitted getting a exemption. And while the lower classes served, the upper classes hide. And face it folks, bringing back the draft would create more crying than a Dear John. When Trump beats his chest like some superman, I have to laugh, when he had the chance to serve he too hide. So why the support? And this question is about policy, not the usual equivalency apologetic rebuttal.

Happy Veterans Day? 5 Times Republicans in Congress Screwed Veterans

GOP Hypocrites Call Vets Benefits Too Expensive But Want a $600 Billion Tax Cut for Business

Angry Veterans Lash Out At GOP: 'Don't You Dare Thank Me For My Service' (IMAGES)

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/veterans/2015/08/28/carson-dump-va-reaction/71312038/

Bush wants to privatize some veterans' health benefits, but in Florida it didn't go so well - CNNPolitics.com

Republicans In Congress Still Dishonor America's Veterans

GOP's actual track record on supporting veterans

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home -but not for housing. They are strong for labor - but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage - the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all - but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine - for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing - but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing - so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it." Harry S. Truman

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Mudda

Mudda BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,747
    Veterans vote for Trump because Obama and Hillary left them dying on the street in the US waiting for care.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. regent

regent Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Has the priority system for veteran care changed? At one time service connected got care first and other veterans got care when room was available.

4. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,991
    Darn, I should have kept this up. Anyway Powell on Trump was fascinating.

"...Colin Powell's account show him calling Donald Trump a quote "national disgrace" and "international pariah."

Powell added in August 2015, according to the Intercept: Trump "appeals to the worst angels of the GOP nature and poor white folks."

Powell suggested in another email that even critical coverage of Trump didn't really work: "To go on and call him an idiot just emboldens him."

"He is at 1% black voters and will drop. He takes us for idiots," Powell writes. "He can never overcome what he tried to do to Obama with his search for the birth certificate hoping to force Obama out of the Presidency."

Blaming the media for the rise of Trump

"It is time to start ignoring him. You guys are playing his game, you are his oxygen," he wrote to CNN's Fareed Zakaria in December. "He outraged us again today with his comments on Paris no-go for police districts. I will watch and pick the timing, not respond to the latest outrage.""

Here are the juiciest Colin Powell comments about Trump and Clinton from his hacked emails

5. tycho1572

tycho1572 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,263
    I doubt many here value the opinion of a liberal. I know I don't.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. ThunderKiss1965

ThunderKiss1965 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,306
    When I PCS'd from Ft Drum to Korea I kept in touch with a few buddies from the 10th. After they deployed to Afghanistan Sen. Clinton went over for a tour. I was told that commanders had to ask for "volunteers" to fill seats wherever she went. That should tell you what the Military thought of Sen Clinton and its an opinion I don't believe has improved over the years. Hillary will not win the Military and Veteran vote.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. the_human_being

the_human_being Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,011
    Actually, it is Liberals like the OP who despise the military and the veterans. Most of them never served and would dodge serving if the draft was reinstated. They wish that the active duty and the veterans supported Hillary but they don't and that just tears them up. Even the Secret Service hate drawing a detail to defend Hillary.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99,062
    "I prefer those who were not captured"

All a veteran needs to know about Trump

9. the_human_being

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,011
    Were you captured? I wasn't. I never had the opportunity to be captured.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. the_human_being

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,011
    Exactly. No actual response. Just a "funny". Pathetic.

• Funny Funny x 1