Skeptics suspicious of sudden Walmart closures claims of plumbing issues

There is nothing illegal about closing a store. The employees got their mandated severance package. The government cannot require a business to keep anything open.

Skeptics suspicious of sudden Walmart closures claims of plumbing issues - Breitbart

1. Its time for these people,the cities etc to file lawsuit,the company DID NOT take out permits to fix the plumbing issues....that's illegal.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Mahatma Gandhi
Are you a 'winner' Odium? Did you win at cards yesterday in the recreation area?
I think everyone here is still at the 'laughing at you' stage. HAAA HAAA!
Walmart is just 'shaking the tree' to see how many 'Tree Dwellers' fall out.
I wonder how many protesters are ever going to get another job at basically the only business that would ever hire them? My guess is fucking ZERO!

Skeptics suspicious of sudden Walmart closures claims of plumbing issues - Breitbart

1. Its time for these people,the cities etc to file lawsuit,the company DID NOT take out permits to fix the plumbing issues....that's illegal.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Mahatma Gandhi

You know I just don't get the liberal left. First they say they hate Walmart and now they not only love the place they want to run the place.

What kind of permit do you need to fix interior plumbing?

What the left should be concerned about is the citizens that frequented Walmart because of their low prices. This is a hit for the poor in the area. But the left is more concerned with people making a career out working at Walmart.

1. Its time for these people,the cities etc to file lawsuit,the company DID NOT take out permits to fix the plumbing issues....that's illegal...
Has Wal-Mart actually begun plumbing-repair work yet?

If the answer is "No", then, even if they failed to obtain a building permit, no law has actually been broken, insofar as one can discern, at first glance.

What would such lawsuit(s) look like? What would be the allegation(s)?

...2. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Non sequitur.

========================

The stores were, in all probability, closed as retaliation for being hotbeds of dissent, with respect to raising the minimum wage.

Nothing illegal about any of that, insofar as one can discern, at first glance.

Last edited:

Mahatma Gandhi

You know I just don't get the liberal left. First they say they hate Walmart and now they not only love the place they want to run the place.

My far left wife works at Wal Mart, I don;t think that constitutes hate...

What the left should be concerned about is the citizens that frequented Walmart because of their low prices. This is a hit for the poor in the area. But the left is more concerned with people making a career out working at Walmart.
Nothing wrong with a career at Wal Mart, they are a fortune 500 business and a multifaceted sales and production company of it's own brands. It is a company with great potential for employees....The head office in Bentonville starts at 11 an hour for a receptionist..

Mahatma Gandhi

go ask her if she hates it.

Mahatma Gandhi

She's worked for them for 5 years, if she hated it, she would not work there....

Mahatma Gandhi

She's worked for them for 5 years, if she hated it, she would not work there....
Then again, if she's a receptionist, then she's not your average run-of-the-mill Wal-Mart store-floor or stock-room employee.

Mahatma Gandhi

I hope she is supporting or even joining her co workers fighting for economic justice.

Mahatma Gandhi

I hope she is supporting or even joining her co workers fighting for economic justice.
Ha, she wants to keep her job.. I worked for Wal Mart in 1986 after getting off active duty in the Army....Sam Walton made us sign an agreement to not try and unionize and we would get 40 hours a week.... Came around to the slow part of the year and they started asking who wanted voluntary layoff, then they cut our hours down to 20-25 hours a week,,,,,so found another job that was full time.....
Now if they smell the slightest idea of striking or unionization, they will fire you immediately.

Mahatma Gandhi

Then again, if she's a receptionist, then she's not your average run-of-the-mill Wal-Mart store-floor or stock-room employee.
Currently she is a clerk/stocker in the booze department...

This is a real person we're talking about? Demoted from office receptionist to clerk-stocker? And she stayed? Hmmmm.

My half sister and her husband worked for walmart for 30 years and retired from Walmart. Their daughter started part time while in high school. Walmart gave her a full ride scholarship. She got a degree in business administration and now works for walmart corporate. No complaints so far.

This is a real person we're talking about? Demoted from office receptionist to clerk-stocker? And she stayed? Hmmmm.
She has never been a receptionist for Wal Mart.. I don't know where you pulled that from...

Wal Mart's typically hire a percent of their employees who would be be able to find a steady job in any other business.

Forum List

Back