Skeptical Scientists are Winning the War on Open Access

IanC

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2009
http://royalsociety.org/uploadedFiles/Royal_Society_Content/policy/projects/sape/2012-06-20-SAOE.pdf

wow! pretty explicit. the new paradigm is being replaced with the old one! real science is winning the day and crap secretive science is being herded into a smaller and smaller circle.

my hat is off to Steve McIntyre and others of his ilk for refusing to take NO! for an answer.

Scientists need to be more open among themselves and with the public and media
Greater recognition needs to be given to the value of data gathering, analysis and communication
Common standards for sharing information are required to make it widely usable
Publishing data in a reusable form to support findings must be mandatory
More experts in managing and supporting the use of digital data are required
New software tools need to be developed to analyse the growing amount of data being gathered.

of course all this has been said before but now it is actually being written up, examples acknowledged, expectations stated.

This However -- worries me greatly.. Because the very folks abusing the ethics may now be trying to COOPT the term for their own agenda..

OEC - Climate Change Educational Partnership (CCEP)

The "online ethics" organization going to grade schools to discuss "global warming"?? A joint project with the NAScience? Hmmmmmm... Are we gonna encourage data juggling and selective editing of data in the name of ethics??

I love your new sig. I know a few people who think the worst of other folks only because it is something they would do.

Forum List

Back