Six years later:

Six years later and every sacrifice made in Iraq has been wasted; US interests have been hit by terrorists on the anniversary of 9-11; the Cold War has been regenerated; blacks are more segregated now than since pre-civil rights days; my home is out $50,000 in disposable income; Americans are being forced against their wills to acquiesce to and subsidize like-gendered people in the name of their weird sexual desires; lighting my home in the ambience of my choice is illegal...

Well, none of that is correct. Try again.
It's spot-on for realists. You keep dreaming.

obama_zpsc5ba7808.jpg

And Democrats don't have their majority. Do you feel like a dumbass yet?
No. 54 in the Senate. As predicted by most Democrats here. But in 2016, the numbers will change significantly. And if the 'Conservatives' in the GOP make the calls, very significantly.

Eight trillion in new debt a healthcare law forced down our throats with lies and deception thank you Jonathon Gruber Islamic terrorist back on the rise the worst labor participation rate since Carter stagnant wages for workers and Americas power and influence on the decline. I think we know who should feel like the dumbass.

Right, that would explain the lack of terrorist attacks on American soil, the 326,000 jobs created last month, the steady drop in the unemployment rate, the rise in worker salaries this year (though why a conservative brings this up considering the drop in worker wages is largely due to conservatives policies), and the fact that we have Asian, Arab and European allies cooperating with us on several fronts. Who's the dumbass now?
A terrorist attack is called work place violence now, sunshine.

Pity the poor GOP. Dow, record levels, employment, numbers getting better and better, both in rate of pay and number of job openings. Illegal immagration, fewer illegals here than in 2008 when Bush was President. All the GOP has left is "psst, there's a black man in the White House!".
So we can cut welfare in half then? Right?

Eight trillion in new debt a healthcare law forced down our throats with lies and deception thank you Jonathon Gruber Islamic terrorist back on the rise the worst labor participation rate since Carter stagnant wages for workers and Americas power and influence on the decline. I think we know who should feel like the dumbass.

Right, that would explain the lack of terrorist attacks on American soil, the 326,000 jobs created last month, the steady drop in the unemployment rate, the rise in worker salaries this year (though why a conservative brings this up considering the drop in worker wages is largely due to conservatives policies), and the fact that we have Asian, Arab and European allies cooperating with us on several fronts. Who's the dumbass now?

Facepalm.

Pity the poor GOP. Dow, record levels, employment, numbers getting better and better, both in rate of pay and number of job openings. Illegal immagration, fewer illegals here than in 2008 when Bush was President. All the GOP has left is "psst, there's a black man in the White House!".

To what end? You do realize that no welfare funds go to people who aren't in the program, right? In other words, the more jobs there are the fewer people will be in the program, the fewer funds are spent. That doesn't mean that the people still in the program don't need it. But you knew this, right?

No. 54 in the Senate. As predicted by most Democrats here. But in 2016, the numbers will change significantly. And if the 'Conservatives' in the GOP make the calls, very significantly.
True.

With a much larger, more diverse voter turnout and two years of republican inaction and advocacy of reckless, irresponsible legislation, the chances are very good democrats retain the WH and take back the Senate in 2016.

True.

With a much larger, more diverse voter turnout and two years of republican inaction and advocacy of reckless, irresponsible legislation, the chances are very good democrats retain the WH and take back the Senate in 2016.

Your larger, more diverse turnout occurred because of the Affirmative Action Failure you put up for election.

After Denver and all the realities of "Hope and Change", I question whether or not dems will fall for the same crap.

Best of luck. For now, we own the senate and the house.

To what end? You do realize that no welfare funds go to people who aren't in the program, right? In other words, the more jobs there are the fewer people will be in the program, the fewer funds are spent. That doesn't mean that the people still in the program don't need it. But you knew this, right?
I'm just replying to all the liberals trying to make the economy seem to be the best it's ever been. While record number of people are on welfare.

True.

Your larger, more diverse turnout occurred because of the Affirmative Action Failure you put up for election.

After Denver and all the realities of "Hope and Change", I question whether or not dems will fall for the same crap.

Best of luck. For now, we own the senate and the house.

You may have it, but what will you accomplish with it? Nothing, if the recent immigration kerfuffle is any indication. It's been the same with Obama's entire presidency; a tired party out of ideas distracting its base by calling 'wolf' on the president. I keep hoping the Republican base will stop falling for that "same crap" but year after year, they do.

Six years later, and the black community is worse off than it was, seething with anger, about to explode, because they didn't get jack-shit from "their black President", and once again, they are being played by the "BLAME IT ON WHITEY CROWD".

Nothing new under the sun.

The racial disparity isn't Obama's fault, it is the failed War on Drugs combined with a bored police force on a national scale, because the crime rate nationally has dropped.
In the 1990s the cops on Staten Island would have cared less if someone was selling cigarettes on the street. They had murders in Times Square to deal with.

Then there's this from the uber-conservative Forbes magazine:
From Forbes: Obama Outperforms Reagan On Jobs, Growth And Investing
9/05/2014 @ 3:46PM

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) today issued America’s latest jobs report covering August. And it’s a disappointment. The economy created an additional 142,000 jobs last month. After six consecutive months over 200,000, most pundits expected the string to continue, including ADP which just yesterday said 204,000 jobs were created in August.

One month variation does not change a trend

Even though the plus-200,000 monthly string was broken (unless revised upward at a future date,) unemployment did continue to decline and is now reported at only 6.1%. Jobless claims were just over 300,000; lowest since 2007. Despite the lower than expected August jobs number, America will create about 2.5 million new jobs in 2014.

And that is great news.

Back in May, 2013 (15 months ago) the Dow was out of its recession doldrums and hitting new highs. I asked readers if Obama could, economically, be the best modern President? Through discussion of that question, the number one issue raised by readers was whether the stock market was a good economic barometer for judging “best.” Many complained that the measure they were watching was jobs – and that too many people were still looking for work.

To put this week’s jobs report in economic perspective I reached out to Bob Deitrick, CEO of Polaris Financial Partners and author of Bulls, Bears and the Ballot Box (which I profiled in October, 2012 just before the election) for some explanation. Since then Polaris’ investor newsletters have consistently been the best predictor of economic performance. Better than all the major investment houses.

This is the best private sector jobs creation performance in American history.
unemployment-reagan-v-obama.jpg

Obama Outperforms Reagan On Jobs Growth And Investing - Forbes

Of course...work force participation is lower now than at any time since the Middle Jurassic epoch...

Right. That would explain why 326,000 jobs were created last month. Oh not...

pic_corner_120514_fred1.jpg

Are you blaming Obama for a recession that started a few months before his presidency? Do his evil gangster-communist powers transcend time and space now? Sorry to piss in your Cheerios, but George W. Bush riding on Ronald Reagan's shoulders like a conservative Master-Blaster couldn't have averted that crisis (but I'm sure our two wars and drastic tax cuts were helpful in preparing us to deal with it). And now economists basically agree that Obama's stimulus saved the economy from becoming much worse. Not bad for someone with unprecedented opposition right out the gate...

Are you blaming Obama for a recession that started a few months before his presidency?

What did he do to fix it? Wave his scepter? You do realize that Democrats passed, nor did Obama sign any bills that stopped spending. None. Likewise with jobs legislation. The economy isn't fixed when you're over $18 trillion in debt. You can't fix the economy by giving people free money, nor can you fix it when you take the incentive away from people to go out and look for work. You can't fix the economy by granting amnesty either, food for thought.

Facepalm.

Care to dispute that claim? Don't feign ignorance.

You may have it, but what will you accomplish with it? Nothing, if the recent immigration kerfuffle is any indication

And what exactly did Democrats do with their majority? Please. Your base fell for the same crap ours did.

Just to keep this on-topic, let's note some things they didn't do: ban guns, implement Sharia law, or create death panels. If Obama is the monster conservative media is always screaming he is, he missed a pretty golden opportunity to legislate some monstrosity.

Instead, Obama and the Democrats put out a stimulus which saved the economy, lowered taxes for average Americans, and passed health-care reform based on tested bipartisan compromise legislation. Not bad, and not terribly radical, either.

Are you blaming Obama for a recession that started a few months before his presidency?

What did he do to fix it? Wave his scepter? You do realize that Democrats passed, nor did Obama sign any bills that stopped spending. None. Likewise with jobs legislation. The economy isn't fixed when you're over $18 trillion in debt. You can't fix the economy by giving people free money, nor can you fix it when you take the incentive away from people to go out and look for work. You can't fix the economy by granting amnesty either, food for thought.

Should he have? George W. ramped up spending in anticipation of the crisis in his final budget just before leaving office. Most of that increased spending was a Republican president's move. Do you think John McCain would have, should have, cut spending during an economic meltdown?

And perhaps you missed the link in my post you quoted (it's the text with the different color, btw) but there's a strong consensus among economists that Obama's stimulus was critical to the economy. AND YET, since then, despite cutting spending being far more difficult than increasing spending in government, Obama has slashed the deficit by over 2/3. While lowering taxes. And feeding the DOW.

Why do Republicans hate this president again?

Instead, Obama and the Democrats put out a stimulus which saved the economy, lowered taxes for average Americans, and passed health-care reform based on tested bipartisan compromise legislation. Not bad, and not terribly radical, either.

Assertion #1 "Obama and the Democrats put out a stimulus which saved the economy"

A stimulus that put us in more debt.

Assertion #2 "Lowered taxes for average Americans"

After Obamacare, you'll need to lower them again for anyone to afford it.

Assertion #3 "...passed healthcare reform based on tested bipartisan compromise legislation"

1) For all problems with 'health-care reform' reference John "Stupid" Gruber.

2) When Obamacare was passed, it was passed without one Republican vote. Where was the compromise?

Should he have? George W. ramped up spending in anticipation of the crisis in his final budget just before leaving office

And Obama never stopped it.

Most of that increased spending was a Republican president's move.

And what did Obama do to stop it?

Do you think John McCain would have, should have, cut spending during an economic meltdown?

Obama didn't.

And perhaps you missed the link in my post you quoted (it's the text with the different color, btw) but there's a strong consensus among economists that Obama's stimulus was critical to the economy.

Sure, but Obamas four straight years of $1 trillion+ deficits say otherwise. Can't stimulate anything when you keep spending into more debt.

AND YET, since then, despite cutting spending being far more difficult than increasing spending in government, Obama has slashed the deficit by over 2/3.

On what planet?

Does the number 18,000,000,000,000 mean anything...? If he really did 'cut the deficit by 2/3', we'd be somewhere around $8 trillion in debt right now. Sorry, that never happened.

Why do Republicans hate this president again?

Why? For the same reason that voters hated him on election day.

Assertion #1 "Obama and the Democrats put out a stimulus which saved the economy"

A stimulus that put us in more debt.

Assertion #2 "Lowered taxes for average Americans"

After Obamacare, you'll need to lower them again for anyone to afford it.

Assertion #3 "...passed healthcare reform based on tested bipartisan compromise legislation"

1) For all problems with 'health-care reform' reference John "Stupid" Gruber.

2) When Obamacare was passed, it was passed without one Republican vote. Where was the compromise?

Debt which was necessary, whether the president was McCain or Obama. Don't you get this? George W. Bush, your dude, created that deficit out of necessity. Or do you keep missing where I tell you how economists praise the stimulus?

This Obamacare bit is pure deflection. If Romney was president then conservative media would be bringing up those tax cuts on the daily.

As to the ACA, I'm of course talking about its predecessor, Massachusetts' successful health care reform under Governor Mitt Romney. It was a legislative compromise which worked out pretty well there. I'll bet when he signed his name on that legislation, Romney never imagined he'd be campaigning against it...

Debt which was necessary

Oh? So why did Obama call Bush "unpatriotic" for doing the same thing?

Or do you keep missing where I tell you how economists praise the stimulus?

I don't care if the Lion King praised the stimulus. It is still spending, thusly more debt. Case in point.

This Obamacare bit is pure deflection. If Romney was president then conservative media would be bringing up those tax cuts on the daily.

Actually, you can blame Hillary Clinton circa 1993 for the inspiration. That Romney bit is a deflection.

It was a legislative compromise which worked out pretty well there.

One state vs an entire country doesn't mean much. Besides, read the previous response. Did you miss the part where Obamacare passed without one single Republican vote? Or do I need to dumb it down to the first grade reading level for you?

I'll bet when he signed his name on that legislation, Romney never imagined he'd be campaigning against it...

Too bad Hillary beat him to the punch, by about 13 years.

Forum List

Back