Single payer in Cali?

"Paying through a tax deduction". If they can't afford their premium, simply take it out of their paychecks. Brilliant. So then they have less money for rent/mortgage, utilities, and oh, yeah, food.

The poor will not be charged. Never happen. Others will pay for them.

and how exactly do you avoid paying taxes? well i guess you can if youre a corporation that makes billions every year.
Follow along with me. I'll type slowly.

Bob has a job. It doesn't pay much. By the time he's paid rent, utilities, gas, car insurance, and food, he doesn't have any money left. He doesn't have health insurance.

Suddenly, CalCare comes along and says Bob has to pay a premium. Bob says, "With what?" CalCare says, "Your paycheck", and starts deducting $150 every month.

What is Bob going to have to do without? Rent, utilities, gas, car insurance, or food?

Do you think CA is going to do that? No. It will be means tested. People making below a certain income will not be charged. Other people will pay his premium for him.

Just like Obamacare is set up to do.

i used my case in point that i pay $150, i did not set this is a actual price everyone will pay.

i have stated several times before that California currently pays over $200 billion annually to treat the uninsured. this current amount can be used to help subsidize those people under the poverty level.

paying something into the system is always better than paying nothing. the system thus prevent free loaders.

8.2 million people are estimated as uninsured in California, what is they all paid $50 a month. that would be $5 billion put into the system annually. i know 50 bucks, terrible idea.... isnt paying something better than paying nothing?

how much would you cut costs if you took the profits out of health care and had tort reform?

every other country in the world is single payer and it works. you rally against it before its even been tried and tested.

Quite the opposite. Businesses will not have to provide health care to their employees. They will save considerable money in a state with a single payer health plan.
You do know there are three other states who have tried single-payer, right?

And that they all failed, right?

So what makes you think it'll work in CA?

Got any links to all these "failed" single payer state systems?

What will make it work in CA is our population. It works great in Japan.

Revenue generators are fleeing the state. One million have moved out to be replaced by those that require aid.

CA is walking a tight rope. If they don't turn it around, they will be further billions in the hole in providing welfare, etc. to the people that live in the state.

How many of you here run their own businesses, pay their own health insurance and deal with the insurance companies negotiating the rates, coverages and terms?
How many of you pay over 30K a year in health coverage and employ others?
How many here have group coverage as a benefit?
Believe me, the current health care scenario in America we now operate under through purchasing health insurance through insurance companies is broken, unsustainable and operates under NO free market principles. And it has been this way for 30 years, as long as I have been in business.

They should allow companies to sell across state lines.

Also to bring premiums down, what about the billions of dollars that are paid to lawyers in medical malpractice (often trumped up because we live in an era of entitlement and victimhood) is passed on to the insurance consumer? Why is no one going after them?

Why not make some easy/small significant changes instead of going all in with a 2500+ page bill?

The answer, they want the power of being in charge of this huge part of the economy.

as i posted before, we currently spend $200 billion an health care as a state already covering those who dont pay into the system. its called a health care tax. i already pay $150+ a month for health care, i have not problem continuing to pay that. those who arent paying will start though either a monthly tax deduction or at the end of the year when they file taxes.

"Paying through a tax deduction". If they can't afford their premium, simply take it out of their paychecks. Brilliant. So then they have less money for rent/mortgage, utilities, and oh, yeah, food.

The poor will not be charged. Never happen. Others will pay for them.

and how exactly do you avoid paying taxes? well i guess you can if youre a corporation that makes billions every year.

Partisan talking point. Try and hold on to your credibility.

How much does the oil industry PAY in taxes each year? What percentage. I'll wait, and then you can tell me how they skate by.

How many of you here run their own businesses, pay their own health insurance and deal with the insurance companies negotiating the rates, coverages and terms?
Believe me, the current health care scenario in America we now operate under through purchasing health insurance through insurance companies is broken, unsustainable and operates under NO free market principles. And it has been this way for 30 years, as long as I have been in business.

Also to bring premiums down, what about the billions of dollars that are paid to lawyers in medical malpractice (often trumped up because we live in an era of entitlement and victimhood) is passed on to the insurance consumer? Why is no one going after them?

Why not make some easy/small significant changes instead of going all in with a 2500+ page bill?

The answer, they want the power of being in charge of this huge part of the economy.

how many times do i have to post this??? they are allowing them start selling across state lines under the new health care law.

PPACA Section 1333 requires the parent department of CMS, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), to issue regulations governing the creation of “health care choice” compacts by July 1, 2013.

Starting Jan. 1, 2016, two or more states will be able to use a compact to allow qualified health plans based in the participating states to sell health insurance in all participating states.

how many times do i have to post this??? they are allowing them start selling across state lines under the new health care law.

PPACA Section 1333 requires the parent department of CMS, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), to issue regulations governing the creation of “health care choice” compacts by July 1, 2013.

Starting Jan. 1, 2016, two or more states will be able to use a compact to allow qualified health plans based in the participating states to sell health insurance in all participating states.

Whether it will or will not be implemented is not my contention. It doesn't take 2500+ pages to state that one sentence, now does it?

i used my case in point that i pay $150, i did not set this is a actual price everyone will pay.

i have stated several times before that California currently pays over $200 billion annually to treat the uninsured. this current amount can be used to help subsidize those people under the poverty level.

paying something into the system is always better than paying nothing. the system thus prevent free loaders.

8.2 million people are estimated as uninsured in California, what is they all paid $50 a month. that would be $5 billion put into the system annually. i know 50 bucks, terrible idea.... isnt paying something better than paying nothing?
Yeah. I know people who couldn't even afford 50 bucks.
how much would you cut costs if you took the profits out of health care and had tort reform?

every other country in the world is single payer and it works. you rally against it before its even been tried and tested.

Dood. Look at CA's budget today. They're obviously astoundingly incompetent when it comes to handling money.

Because the Trial Lawyer's Association pays Democrats a lot of money to leave them alone.

Forum List

Back