Since when does the Catholic Church have the right to force their religious values...

Just hilarious that lefties start a thread like this and start deflecting when they lose in the same thread.

I'm sure Obama knows he's on the right side of the Constitution.

The Contraception First Amendment Fight Is Not About Freedom of Religion | MyFDL

David Boies on the Constitutionality of the birth control mandate:

Constitutionality of birth control mandate - Video on msnbc.com
I would like to hear, in your own words, not a quoted article, link or blog, why you think that the government telling a religion to violate it's constitutional rights to free practice is somehow constitutional.

Do you have an answer of your own for that?

The Contraception First Amendment Fight Is Not About Freedom of Religion | MyFDL

Obama thinks he knows, that he is on the right side of the Constitution, you can justify anything, and ignore the real issues. It is easy, what I. Find amusing is Obama has no clue as to why people are upset. He is really out of touch.

Seems like the insurance companies have a commerce clause issue as well. They got the lawyers to prove it too.

I find it amusing when people begin sentences with throw away openings like " I am sure"..
That means you don't know but are simply guessing.
You have proof Obama thinks this.
As a matter of fact, Obama was supposedly a professor teaching constitutional law. He should know better.
In any event, this issue has nothing to do with reproductive rights or women.
Obama's decision was made on purely political grounds.
Obama is attempting to solidify his base. The fact is no one with or without the insurance mandate is being denied anything.
Birth control is available if one wishes to pay for it themselves. Or they can go to any Planned Parenthood clinic and get it for free.
Oh by the way..Just because someone opines through some lefty blog does not make what they state factual.
Of course since the opinion fits the lib template, you believe it to be the Gospel.
That's YOUR problem.

Obama thinks he knows, that he is on the right side of the Constitution, you can justify anything, and ignore the real issues. It is easy, what I. Find amusing is Obama has no clue as to why people are upset. He is really out of touch.

I have to disagree. I don't think Obama believes himself on the right side of the Constitution, nor do I think he's confused as to why people are upset. I think, on both subjects, he just doesn't give a shit.

Force their values? That's a slick Alinsky spin on the situation. The government wants to force the Catholic Church to spend money on programs that are against Church policy. It's like forcing muslem employers to feed pork to their employees.
or forcing atheists to pray

I would support this, but for different reasons. Not because of their fabricated hysteria of their rights being violated, but because the federal mandate is wrong.

Fabricated hysteria? Hey, I'm not Catholic but why should they (a) be forced to offer a product, (b) be forced to offer a product that provides services that are specifically banned by their beliefs?

The Catholic Church is exempt, but that does not give Catholics the right to open up a business, get state aid, serve the public, and then proclaim that their freedoms are being violated over Obamacare.

What your argument is claiming is that Christian Scientists who open up a tanning salon, who serve the public, and hire Non Christian Scientists should be exempt from offering insulin coverage to their diabetic employee via the mandate since it goes against their religious views.
insulin is needed to treat certian desease or the person may die
no person will die if they cant get contraception thou their health insurance
\ big differance

...on their non Catholic employees?

Churches are exempt from the ruling.

However, religious institutions that employ and serve people outside their faith -- hospitals, elementary schools, universities -- have to comply with the requirement to cover birth control if they offer health insurance coverage for employees. That means such Catholic institutions, which employ and serve wide swaths of non-Catholics across the country, will not be exempt, despite church teachings against use of contraception.

Obama Administration's New Contraception Rule Puts Key Catholic Vote at Risk

What gives the Catholic church (or any church, for that matter) the right to force their religious convictions on employees who aren't even catholic?

Noones forcing them to work there.

Your employer can't break the laws that apply to your compensation.

The employer sets the compensation and the benefits that you are granted for you opportunity to work for them. They can pull benefits and change pay if they feel the need to. The law does not require you to get insurance with your desired coverage, it doesn't even guarantee pay, or vacations. It doesn't even guarantee you will work the next day.

You are apparently quite unfamiliar with labor contracts, or labor law.

No, I am quite familiar, tell me what law would be broken, I the employer, go out and find an insurance policy for my employees, I tell the insurance carrier what coverage I would like and tell them what I'd like covered or not, then I go to my employees and offer it. An employer can also cancel the policy and not offer it as a benefit or tell the employers that they would have to pay a larger share. At will states, an employer may fire an employee, no explanation needed.

As far as compensation, an employer is able to set the compensation rate. Employers don't have to offer vacations, it is a benefit that some employers give. I have owned and helped start up several businesses. I have yet to be sued, I call the state employment services and make sure the businesses follow the proper guidelines and laws.

However, religious institutions that employ and serve people outside their faith -- hospitals, elementary schools, universities -- have to comply with the requirement to cover birth control if they offer health insurance coverage for employees. That means such Catholic institutions, which employ and serve wide swaths of non-Catholics across the country, will not be exempt, despite church teachings against use of contraception.

What gives the Catholic church (or any church, for that matter) the right to force their religious convictions on employees who aren't even catholic?

Some seem to think that if they choose to work it is a honor for that company to have them.

I have to disagree. I don't think Obama believes himself on the right side of the Constitution, nor do I think he's confused as to why people are upset. I think, on both subjects, he just doesn't give a shit.

But...but...liberals say Obama cares for and loves everyone and he is a Constitutional scholar, so he knows the constitution and we should not question him.

The employer sets the compensation and the benefits that you are granted for you opportunity to work for them. They can pull benefits and change pay if they feel the need to. The law does not require you to get insurance with your desired coverage, it doesn't even guarantee pay, or vacations. It doesn't even guarantee you will work the next day.

You are apparently quite unfamiliar with labor contracts, or labor law.

No, I am quite familiar, tell me what law would be broken, I the employer, go out and find an insurance policy for my employees, I tell the insurance carrier what coverage I would like and tell them what I'd like covered or not, then I go to my employees and offer it. An employer can also cancel the policy and not offer it as a benefit or tell the employers that they would have to pay a larger share. At will states, an employer may fire an employee, no explanation needed.

As far as compensation, an employer is able to set the compensation rate. Employers don't have to offer vacations, it is a benefit that some employers give. I have owned and helped start up several businesses. I have yet to be sued, I call the state employment services and make sure the businesses follow the proper guidelines and laws.

The law that would be broken would be the law we've been talking about for 700 posts you moron.

Regulation is not law
No matter how much you want to believe

Otherwise Papa Obama could not have come out and claimed he
"changed" it

Real laws are not done that way

Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Religious Groups Shouldn't Be Imposing Their Values on Employees

No that's the job of the government
:eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKvbPzsl5aQ]Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Religious Groups Shouldn't Be Imposing Their Values on Employees - YouTube[/ame]

Anyone forced to hire them?

Anyone forced to hire them?

Did you think about that question? Seriously, a total brain fade. I suppose you think there should be a quota system for church employers to hire nonchurch members. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back