Since we need jobs why not?

MASS transportation is one good works project, I supppose.

Of course there would be losers, too.

The airlines, for example.
EVERYTHING is temporary.

A bulk of air-travel has (traditionally) been business-related.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM2Ll-_hFgo]iLinc Web Conferencing Smock - YouTube[/ame]
World Golf Tour - YouTube games

:eusa_whistle:

Any questions?​

No thanks. Ill jump on a plane and fly across the country in three hours instead of waste my time jumping on a train that takes 12 hours. Y'all are going backwards.

We have the money, we just do not have republicans in government that give a shit about anything other than making the president look bad.

Did it occur to you that if the budget is running a DEFICIT ( shortage ) then we done' HAVE ( possess ) the money? We would have to BORROW ( acquire it from another another ) the money.

yeah it is called re-investing. Companies do it all the time to help themselves grow.

As it is now we are borrowing to re-build nations overseas some of them rife with people who hate us.

Seems we'd be better served to borrow for our own bennefit rather than theirs.

yeah it is called re-investing. Companies do it all the time to help themselves grow.

As it is now we are borrowing to re-build nations overseas some of them rife with people who hate us.

Seems we'd be better served to borrow for our own bennefit rather than theirs.

Companies can't print money. All they can do is borrow it, and if their debt outpaces their available cash, they can no longer borrow. Then they go out of business.

I very much agree that it is truly idiotic for us to be pouring badly-needed money to build other countries. That is absolute fucking lunacy.

But if we continue to print and borrow money, the resulting bond market crash will like nothing we have ever seen. It may already be too late. 50/50.

Why not do what the previous administrations did and work on US infrastructure? Start up a project that would employ people that connects major cities and towns with data, shipping, and people traveling.

You could make a project to put High speed rail across the US, and couple large data and even power conduits along it. The present power system could be redone and made better.

Basically what i see is a web of high speed rail connections running between big cities. Along the rail system you would also run your power and data lines. This would create a lot of jobs and really make the US infrastructure so much better. It is the next generation of transportation systems, and it would really be great if they started this project.

Who is going to pay for this?

da gubmint!

The stimuless money was earmarked for these types of projects.

Well, that's what we were told anyway . . . . .

dope3.jpg

Why not do what the previous administrations did and work on US infrastructure? Start up a project that would employ people that connects major cities and towns with data, shipping, and people traveling.

You could make a project to put High speed rail across the US, and couple large data and even power conduits along it. The present power system could be redone and made better.

Basically what i see is a web of high speed rail connections running between big cities. Along the rail system you would also run your power and data lines. This would create a lot of jobs and really make the US infrastructure so much better. It is the next generation of transportation systems, and it would really be great if they started this project.

ONCE again you and millions of IDIOTS look to the government to solve it!
IDIOT .... WHERE Does the government get the money to do the projects?

TAXES!
Where is the largest cache of money right now? Offshore accounts by US companies that have already PAID taxes in foreign countries where they made the money and now if they brought it back in taxed 35% by USA!

SO why not let that $1 trillion come back in under an amnesty for 2 years.
$1 trillion spent on hiring and buying!
$500 billion spent over 5 years would pay for 1.5 million jobs at $50,000+benefits.
$500 billion spent over 5 years buying $100 billion in equipment,supplies etc.

Economists claim $500 billion spent in the economy would be multiplied by 1.18 or
add to the economy $1.09 TRILLION!
So adding $1.09 trillion plus 1.5 million $50,000 a year jobs over 5 years...!

The same people who pay for all liberal bullshit.

Us.

How is improving the nation's infrastructure liberal bs?

Sounds like a smarter use of money than many other things.

How many people are going to use a coast to coast bullet train?

Compare that to how many of us will be paying for it.

The cost benefit analysis doesn't favor the project

Agreed on a coast to coast bullet train. How about updating the grid, improving decaying bridges and roads. Highspeed rail on the east coast might work and through parts of Cali could also be viable.

Agreed on a coast to coast bullet train. How about updating the grid, improving decaying bridges and roads. Highspeed rail on the east coast might work and through parts of Cali could also be viable.

I suggest California build their own freaking bullet trains.

So what is your solution? Pray for jobs?

The solution is to get the gubmint off our backs and let the private sector run wild. But you don't want to hear that.

California is the world's 9th largest economy.

They should build their own choo choo trains.

The solution is to get the gubmint off our backs and let the private sector run wild. But you don't want to hear that.

No I don;t want that. A quick glance at history shows what a free market private sector run wild gets us. RIvers on fire, poluted rivers, air and earth. Child labor (which is why so many jobs are shipped off over seas why pay an adult a livng wage when you can screw over some foreign kids in some sweaty little nation with no regulation). Etc. Etc. Etc.

The same people who pay for all liberal bullshit.

Us.

Have you ever been out of the United States?

I suggest you go to Europe (or Japan).

No I don;t want that.

Of course not. You want free gubmint stuff.

Parse it how you like.

I am suggesting that the Government re-invest in the nation it represents rather than someplace we blew up woith borrowed money.

Not sure why anyone who lives here would be agianst that.

You hate roads and bridges and trains and power? What you think it would be better to go back to oil lanterns, dirt tracks and cobblestone lanes?

Have you ever been out of the United States?

I suggest you go to Europe (or Japan).

Yes I have and European countries are much much smaller than the US. Try factoring that into your equations.

The fact is that very very few people in this country will ever use a bullet train for travel but all of us will be expected to pay for it. That is not a prudent use of taxpayer money.

The trillions of dollars it will cost will never be recouped by ticket sales alone which means that people who will never ever ride the train will be paying for it unless of course the fucking government mandates that we ride the train once a month or be taxed.

Last edited:
I guess we are paying the price for socialized union based education. How many times do you have to tell lefties that there is a zero sum gain in transferring confiscated taxpayer funds from one segment of society to another? Government funded jobs do not grow the economy.

Forum List

Back