Since we need jobs why not?

Why not do what the previous administrations did and work on US infrastructure? Start up a project that would employ people that connects major cities and towns with data, shipping, and people traveling.

You could make a project to put High speed rail across the US, and couple large data and even power conduits along it. The present power system could be redone and made better.

Basically what i see is a web of high speed rail connections running between big cities. Along the rail system you would also run your power and data lines. This would create a lot of jobs and really make the US infrastructure so much better. It is the next generation of transportation systems, and it would really be great if they started this project.

I suggest we build starships,and not with warp drive.We should jump to trans warp drive.
Then we could begin to move out of our galaxy and search other star systems.We could set up trade routes with other races and control this section of the quadrant...

Just think how many more people that would employ?.....

My plan has just as much of a chance being implemented as yours....

My question to you is where do we get the funding for this grandiose plan of your.
It sounds great,my plan sounds great as well.

The point I'm trying to make is how do you propose we take on such grand projects such as the ones you suggest. :confused:

We have the money, we just do not have republicans in government that give a shit about anything other than making the president look bad.

Did it occur to you that if the budget is running a DEFICIT ( shortage ) then we done' HAVE ( possess ) the money? We would have to BORROW ( acquire it from another another ) the money.

WHAT?? We borrow money??? You mean there really isn't a magical unicorn farting it out? There really isn't an endless supply just waiting to be used already???

Sounds to me like the States "saved" anywhere from
1 job to hundreds of millions of jobs if you believe the Libs.
Just how much of that went to shovel ready jobs....
Oh that's right the President admitted he lied.
He said in the end there weren't any shovel ready jobs.

Sounds to me like the States "saved" anywhere from
1 job to hundreds of millions of jobs if you believe the Libs.
Just how much of that went to shovel ready jobs....
Oh that's right the President admitted he lied.
He said in the end there weren't any shovel ready jobs.

How to piss away a trillion for a hundred Alex

President Jefferson spent what at the time was a massive amount of money on a project of doubtful legitimacy. And it came in over tens times the budget. And was finished so late that most had given up on seeing it again. It was called the Corps of Discovery.

A young President decided to go to the moon in a decade, an impossible project at the time of announcement. But we did it, and that project was instrumental in developing the net that we now converse on.

An old and wise President decided that we needed a modern transportation system, and started the building of our great Interstate Highway System.

The record of government spending on Research, Exploration, and Infrastructure is a positive one. One that we need to look at and see what our future needs are, and start building for them today. The present antiquated grid is just one example of where to start.

MASS transportation is one good works project, I supppose.

Of course there would be losers, too.

The airlines, for example.
EVERYTHING is temporary.

A bulk of air-travel has (traditionally) been business-related.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM2Ll-_hFgo]iLinc Web Conferencing Smock - YouTube[/ame]
www.youtube.com/user/WGTers?kw=golf games

:eusa_whistle:

Any questions?​

Last edited:
The stimuless money was earmarked for these types of projects.

Well, that's what we were told anyway . . . . .

And Governors across the United States took big fat stimulus checks...and balanced their budgets. Were you aware that 50% of the stimulus came in the way of tax cuts?

And? We were also told that a huge portion of the money was to go to shovel ready projects, similar to what the OP posted. Oh wait, Obutthead finally spewed that there weren't any shovel ready projects.

You know what they near me did with some of that money? Dug up the four corners at a lighted intersection to put in wheelchair ramps. Only problem is . . . there aren't ANY sidewalks connected to the ramps. NONE. The area is surrounded by grass and curb and street, that's it. The ramps to nowhere, bought to you courtesy of the American taxpayer via the long route through China!

:eusa_hand:

I would love to live in a fantasy world of the future today.
Government so fucked all this up for everyone.
We are an entitlement society made so by liberal policies.
The Liberals are turning this country into a people that want
government to "take care" of them from cradle to grave.
And now with Health care taken over we are another step
further away from this dream world.

Why not do what the previous administrations did and work on US infrastructure? Start up a project that would employ people that connects major cities and towns with data, shipping, and people traveling.

You could make a project to put High speed rail across the US, and couple large data and even power conduits along it. The present power system could be redone and made better.

Basically what i see is a web of high speed rail connections running between big cities. Along the rail system you would also run your power and data lines. This would create a lot of jobs and really make the US infrastructure so much better. It is the next generation of transportation systems, and it would really be great if they started this project.

Wasnt the last stimulus supposed to go towards this for all those shovel ready jobs. OOPS Obama said they were not so shovel ready .. Next..

We have the money, we just do not have republicans in government that give a shit about anything other than making the president look bad.

If we are running trillion dollar deficits how on earth can you say we have the money?

Makes sense, it simply does not fit into the ideology of the GOP. Some day, when the Romney's of the world have 99% of the wealth they'll build all we can imagine. Only the private sector is capable of such an enterprise, so they believe. By then they will be able to build rail as we did in the 19th Century, using cheap human labor. No longer will we import cheap labor from Asia, we will have home grown poor to break their backs (and off course they will not have health insurance to repair the damage) but bread and water will trickle down to each and everyone of them.

Makes sense, it simply does not fit into the ideology of the GOP. Some day, when the Romney's of the world have 99% of the wealth they'll build all we can imagine. Only the private sector is capable of such an enterprise, so they believe. By then they will be able to build rail as we did in the 19th Century, using cheap human labor. No longer will we import cheap labor from Asia, we will have home grown poor to break their backs (and off course they will not have health insurance to repair the damage) but bread and water will trickle down to each and everyone of them.

A coast to coast bullet train would be an economic black hole that we would have to support with taxpayer dollars.

Personally I don't want more money stolen from me by the fucking government for something I'll never use.

The same people who pay for all liberal bullshit.

Us.

How is improving the nation's infrastructure liberal bs?

Sounds like a smarter use of money than many other things.

How many people are going to use a coast to coast bullet train?

Compare that to how many of us will be paying for it.

The cost benefit analysis doesn't favor the project

The same people who pay for all liberal bullshit.

Us.

How is improving the nation's infrastructure liberal bs?

Sounds like a smarter use of money than many other things.

Look at the trillion dollar stimulus failure for an example of how not to waste money. Why should we trust the govt when they waste trillions. I sure as hell dont. I guess there are some who love a continuous fleecing.

Forum List

Back