Since 1999 the chance a public school student being killed by a gun in school is 1 in 614,000,000

Correcting a problem that does not exist is liberal-level stupidity.

I see denial ain't just a river in Egypt. A problem definitely exist, it's just not with the shiny object the regressives are using to try to deny Americans their constitutional rights. It's with the decaying society the regressives have created over the last 7-8 decades. The current manifestations of that decay are proof positive of that fact.

Regressives create problems and then pretend to be the white knight with the only solutions. Of course those solutions never include reversing the policies that created the problem in the first place, it always involves more government control and a consistent chipping away at personal freedom.

What was the golden era when everything was peachy and great before the regressives took over and started degrading it?

The violence started around the mid 1960s, right around when the LBJ war on poverty began....and the break up of the family started....
Do you think it had anything to do with the civil rights movement?

No.....It had to do with the breakdown of the family through the War on Poverty, where single teenage girls no longer needed men to be husbands and fathers to their children......this is also what is now happening in Britain and the rest of Europe.
How did the war on poverty make teenage girls not need men to be fathers to their children?

Teachers are teaching subjects that were considered when I was in school totally the responsibility of the parents.
Again... it is simple. If the teacher wants to be authorized LET them have the option.
Then qualify them. It is that simple. We have teachers qualified to be driver's ed. Teachers qualified to teach kids how to cook. So what is the problem?
Why don't you let the teachers decide if they want to carry?
And by the way YES accidents happen. But you are again making the EXCEPTION drive the RULE...i.e. how many accidental deaths have happened by guns in schools over 19 years?
You are dismissing all the other factors that I brought up which tells me you don’t really want to think this thing through.
Of course I'm dismissing them!
Because they are NOT relevant!
A) You have rogue cops carrying guns! So it is possible some mentally deranged teacher could be armed. Odds??
B) Parents aren't comfortable around "armed teachers"...? Risk reward ratio here at play... how many uncomfortable?
C) You read the headlines about teacher with gun discharged right? Again... you ONLY paid attention to the headlines!
Here are the facts: School district officials told the Monterey County Weekly that Alexander was not authorized to carry a firearm on school grounds.
3 teens hurt when California teacher fires gun during safety course
So please state your facts not the headlines!

AGAIN AND AGAIN I have pointed out to you the Occam's razor approach is better....and I suggest you look up what is Occam's razor... lex parsimoniae!
Yes Alexander was not permitted to have the gun and that’s why he was placed on leave however he is a reserve officer with the local PD and was a teacher and accidentally discharged a weapon in front of a classroom of kids. That has to give you pause as you push to allow more teachers to arm up.

Have you ever worked at a school and really seen how parents act? My girls school just went to war with the parents over a dress code that didn’t allow girls to wear leggings, the parents got it over turned. You think armed teachers is going to be an easy landing? I don’t think so.

Occams Razor in this case would say. To reduce the chances of gun violence in school the simple solution would be to reduce the amount of guns in school... not add more.

There are already 18 states who have had armed teachers for years....nothing you fear has come true......in the real world.
I don’t think you know what I fear. Thats excellent if 18 states have been doing it successfully and it has created safer schools then we have a good model to look at for other states to adopt. Which states are those btw?

Here is one list....

States that allow teachers and school staff to carry guns - Crime Prevention Research Center

Here is a list of the state laws.
Alabama (which bans possessing a weapon on school grounds only if the carrier has “intent to do bodily harm”)
Arkansas (with approval of the superintendent) — February 26, 2018, Teachers in 20 schools allowed to carry concealed handgun.
California had allowed concealed carry on school grounds until it passed a law in 2015 that required the approval of the school administrator. However, beginning on October 14, 2017 a new law took away that authority from school administrators (more here). Up until that date, five school districts allowed teachers or staff to carry concealed handguns.
Colorado (with approval of school board” — Hanover School District, Fleming School District, and “some” other school districts, Briggsdale School District
Connecticut (with approval of “school officials”)
Georgia (with school board approval) — In Laurens County it has become a “reality.”
Hawaii (no specific law)
Idaho (with school trustees’ approval) “a handful” of school districts allow staffers and teachers to carry, and here
Indiana (2013 law that lets school boards decide) February 23, 2018: “most don’t. more might start
Iowa (with “authorization”) — no district currently allows.
Kansas (school districts may allow employees with concealed-carry permits to carry guns on campus if the district does not have a policy prohibiting it)
Kentucky (with school board approval) Example: Pike County School District
Massachusetts (with approval of the school board or principal)
Michigan (as long as the gun is carried openly)
Minnesota (with approval of School Superintendent) — some do it
Mississippi (with school board approval)
Missouri (with school board approval) Crocker School Board Approves Arming Teachers
Montana (with school trustees’ permission) — In 2017, Belfry, Custer, and Limaschool districts allowed teachers and staff members to carry. Another school district allowed a former teacher to carry. Two others allow current staff members to carry, but they weren’t currently carrying.
New Hampshire (ban applies only to pupils, not adults) more here
New Jersey (with approval from the school’s “governing officer”)
New York (with the school’s approval)
Ohio (with school board approval) — in 2015, at least 40 School Districts in Ohio allow Teachers to Carry Permitted Concealed Handguns. Right now there are reportedly over 100 school districts.
Oregon (any permit holders, some school districts prevent employees from carrying)
Rhode Island (with a state concealed weapons permit)
South Dakota ( “school sentinels” law authorizes districts to create, establish and supervise the arming of school employees, hired security personnel or volunteers.)
Tennessee (allows certain school employees to carry a firearm on school grounds if they are licensed, meet certain qualifications, and have written authorization from authorities)
Texas (with the school’s permission) — Texas Association of School Boards says 172 school districts in Texas allow staff and board members to carry firearms onto school premises
Utah (any teacher or staff member with a concealed handgun permit can carry) — about 5% of the public school teachers in the state carry and about 10% to 12% of the support staff.
Washington (eight schools in the Toppenish School District have nineteen administrators who carry)
Wyoming (in 2017 a law was passed that left the decision up to the local school boards. 24 hours of training required.)
Sour

Here’s all the states where teachers already carry guns in the classroom

Florida is on the verge of becoming the 15th state to arm teachers after Gov. Rick Scott signed an omnibus bill Friday allowing school staff to undergo law enforcement training to carry guns in the classroom.

Although the notion may seem radical, at least 14 states already arm teachers, according to a VICE News review of state laws and interviews with education department officials and school board associations around the country. Those states are Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Missouri, Montana, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Washington.

Another 16 states give local school boards the authority to decide whether school staff can carry guns, either explicitly or through legal loopholes, but officials said they didn’t know of any instances of armed teachers in those states.

Dear healthmyths
Do you have any stats that show the percentage of increase
in the incidents over shorter and shorter periods of time?
How about the influence of copycat shootings, or the amount
of publicity causing others to replicate similar stunts?

What gets me healthmyths is the same cure
for mental illness that spiritual healing provides,
can prevent not only school shootings but the causes
of most of the other types and incidents of crimes.

Instead of comparing one type or case to another to compete for which deserves
more attention, why not focus on common solutions to prevent
ANY and ALL of these deadly crimes and attacks?

If you want to end the already rare school shootings, get rid of democrat gun free zones.....

I almost feel like a broken record repeating it, but when was the last time there was a serial attack/killing at a:

1). Police Barrack?
2). Gun show?
3). NRA convention?

Or any other event when many/most people were known / expected to be carrying guns?

If you want to end serial mass killings, quit giving them easy targets.

The NRA Convention is a gun free zone. Nice try though. And at Gun Shows, all guns have to be unloaded essentially making it a gun free zone as well. Oh, did I mention that the GOP Convention is also a Gun Free Zone as well? Why aren't you up in arms about those? You mean if the nutcases knew about them being gun free zones that they just might come into a killing zone? Wow, look out. The word is out.

No, the NRA is not a gun free zone. The GOP convention was not a gun free zone either......which anti gun source are you getting your lack of information....?

I see denial ain't just a river in Egypt. A problem definitely exist, it's just not with the shiny object the regressives are using to try to deny Americans their constitutional rights. It's with the decaying society the regressives have created over the last 7-8 decades. The current manifestations of that decay are proof positive of that fact.

Regressives create problems and then pretend to be the white knight with the only solutions. Of course those solutions never include reversing the policies that created the problem in the first place, it always involves more government control and a consistent chipping away at personal freedom.

What was the golden era when everything was peachy and great before the regressives took over and started degrading it?

The violence started around the mid 1960s, right around when the LBJ war on poverty began....and the break up of the family started....

No.....It had to do with the breakdown of the family through the War on Poverty, where single teenage girls no longer needed men to be husbands and fathers to their children......this is also what is now happening in Britain and the rest of Europe.
How did the war on poverty make teenage girls not need men to be fathers to their children?

They get checks from the government and having a man in the home causes them to lose that money....

Correcting a problem that does not exist is liberal-level stupidity.

And the concurrent removal of discipline form the home and schools. Schools were being sued and parents arrested for busting a kids ass.

Dear healthmyths

If you want to end the already rare school shootings, get rid of democrat gun free zones.....

I almost feel like a broken record repeating it, but when was the last time there was a serial attack/killing at a:

1). Police Barrack?
2). Gun show?
3). NRA convention?

Or any other event when many/most people were known / expected to be carrying guns?

The NRA Convention is a gun free zone. Nice try though. And at Gun Shows, all guns have to be unloaded essentially making it a gun free zone as well. Oh, did I mention that the GOP Convention is also a Gun Free Zone as well? Why aren't you up in arms about those? You mean if the nutcases knew about them being gun free zones that they just might come into a killing zone? Wow, look out. The word is out.

No, the NRA is not a gun free zone. The GOP convention was not a gun free zone either......which anti gun source are you getting your lack of information....?

They are. Hell you don't even know your own history. The Venues there won't allow firearms except by security firms. Hence, making it a gun free zone. Damn, don't you just hate it when you get caught lying out your rectum which is most of the time?

Dear healthmyths

1). Police Barrack?
2). Gun show?
3). NRA convention?

They are. Hell you don't even know your own history. The Venues there won't allow firearms except by security firms. Hence, making it a gun free zone. Damn, don't you just hate it when you get caught lying out your rectum which is most of the time?

You are stupid....

Toting Guns At The NRA Annual Meetings

Only, that wasn’t the reality. The only places that guns were off limits were the halls where the president and vice president were speaking. The rest of the convention’s facilities had plenty of people carrying firearms, and the Washington Free Beacon‘s Stephen Gutowski took his gun to prove it.

Last week the National Rifle Association had its 147th annual meeting in Dallas, and I legally carried my gun throughout the event.

This shouldn’t be particularly newsworthy since everything I did was perfectly legal—I never had to draw my firearm, and there were likely hundreds or thousands of other people there carrying guns. So many major media outlets, however, misreported the rules for gun carry at the convention that I felt compelled to set the record straight not just by words but by deeds. So, that’s exactly what I did.

Some outlets were so far off that they claimed the NRA had banned guns at their convention. “NRA faces backlash for banning guns at NRA convention,” The Hill initially wrote. That, of course, wasn’t remotely true.

Here are some pictures of me with a Springfield XDs 4.0 in 9mm tucked comfortably under my shirt in the press room and on the exhibit floor, for good measure.

I carried my gun at the convention on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The NRA had no policy against this whatsoever, even on the day that President Trump and Vice President Pence spoke at the convention. That might surprise you as a flood of media reports outright said they did.

“NRA bans guns at President Trump, VP Pence speeches during it’s [sic] annual meeting in Dallas,” the Associated Press originally reported. “The NRA just banned guns at an upcoming Pence speech and now Parkland students are crying hypocrisy,” CBS News tweeted. “Parkland students criticize NRA for banning guns at upcoming Pence event,” Politico said.

The reality is that the vast majority of the 2,000,000-square-foot Kay Baily Hutchison Convention Center was still accessible to me on the day of Trump and Pence’s speeches—even during their speeches. The arena where the two spoke was the only area off-limits to civilians carrying guns. It wasn’t, however, the NRA making the call on that policy, despite the media claims. It was the Secret Service.

Dear healthmyths

1). Police Barrack?
2). Gun show?
3). NRA convention?

Jackass so busy playing with his own rectum he doesn't realize there are no security firms carrying guns in gun-free zones. That's why everyone gets shot. If these schools, et al, had gun-carrying security there, NO ONE WOULD GET SHOT in the first place! That has been the point all along.

1). Police Barrack?
2). Gun show?
3). NRA convention?

Jackass so busy playing with his own rectum he doesn't realize there are no security firms carrying guns in gun-free zones. That's why everyone gets shot. If these schools, et al, had gun0-carrying security there, NO ONE WOULD GET SHOT in the first place! That has been the point all along.

And when that has been tried the students still got shot. Or the Gun was mishandled and students were wounded by the "Good Guy". You want good quality school security then you should be willing to pay for it. Instead, you push for tax cuts that the school has to fight to keep it's doors open. Well, I guess that's one way to handle it. Just shut the schools down and you won't have that problem anymore. Well at the school anyway. You don't want anyone other than a professional armed walking around the school. Too many accidents if you allow the Amateurs handle the guns around people massed so close together. Small accidents become major accidents that way. But you refuse to pay for it. So it stays like it is.

So, you admit that you knew your failed attempt to demonstrate hypocrisy was based on a lie?

So, you admit that you knew your failed attempt to demonstrate hypocrisy was based on a lie?

Just accept your defeat and move onto your next battle. Otherwise you will lose your war.

1). Police Barrack?
2). Gun show?
3). NRA convention?

Jackass so busy playing with his own rectum he doesn't realize there are no security firms carrying guns in gun-free zones. That's why everyone gets shot. If these schools, et al, had gun0-carrying security there, NO ONE WOULD GET SHOT in the first place! That has been the point all along.

And when that has been tried the students still got shot. Or the Gun was mishandled and students were wounded by the "Good Guy". You want good quality school security then you should be willing to pay for it. Instead, you push for tax cuts that the school has to fight to keep it's doors open. Well, I guess that's one way to handle it. Just shut the schools down and you won't have that problem anymore. Well at the school anyway. You don't want anyone other than a professional armed walking around the school. Too many accidents if you allow the Amateurs handle the guns around people massed so close together. Small accidents become major accidents that way. But you refuse to pay for it. So it stays like it is.

AGAIN!!! Exaggerations! Taking infrequent situations and making it sound like it happens ALL THE TIME!
I really get tired of you people blowing way out of proportion! Here how about this?
YOU people think every event happens every hour of every day right? How is that for exaggeration?
FACTS! Deal with reality! Bullshit statement : Amateurs handle guns massed together. You are so dumb!
You really think these teachers that are totally responsible for students education will suddenly become irresponsible?
AGAIN qualified teachers qualified to carry are the ones we are talking about. Not some emotionally chicken little sky is falling every time you hear a backfire think a gun's going off!

Grow up and use facts!
"Small accidents become major accidents"... what the f...k do you mean?

In total, there are about 3.6 million teachers.
Analysis | The economics of arming America’s schools

And you don't trust a teacher like this one???
Kasey Hansen yelled as she pointed her loaded handgun at a target’s chest at a shooting range outside Salt Lake City.

“I want to protect my students,” said Hansen, a special needs teacher in Utah.
“I’m going to stand in front of a bullet for any student that is in my protection and so I want another option to defend us.”
Hansen carries her pink handgun, Lucy, with her every day to each of the 14 schools in which she teaches.
The 26-year-old teacher works with elementary, middle and high school students with hearing impairments in the Granite School District.
http://gunwars.news21.com/2014/armed-teachers-aim-to-defend-k-12-schools/

The news conference came in response to President Donald Trump's suggestion that arming 20 percent of teachers would bring an end to school shootings. The argument clashes with a teacher-driven movement prompted by last week's school shooting in Florida.
Think about it... 20% of 3.6 million teachers or 720,000 additional armed qualified protection against the idiots the MSM promotes and gives 15 minutes of fame.
I'm going to repeat in case some of you didn't read this:

Does media coverage of mass murders encourage others to kill?
The most compelling anecdotal evidence of a copycat effect may have come from the 26-year-old who killed 10 students at Umpqua Community College in Oregon in 2015.
In a blog post about the television journalist who killed two of his former colleagues in Virginia earlier that year, he wrote,
I have noticed that so many people like him are all alone and unknown,
yet when they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are.
A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone.
His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day.
Seems the more people you kill, the more you’re in the limelight.”

Remember this idiot killed 10 students in 2015!

Now from researchers:
Writing in The Atlantic in 2012, sociologist Zeynep Tufekci argued that the news media ought to tone down coverage of shooting sprees in the same way they modulated their coverage of suicides when it was feared that such deaths had become “contagious” in the 1980s. Among Tufekci’s recommendations:
Avoid specifying the killer’s choice of weapons, avoid quoting his writings or utterances, delay releasing the suspect’s name
and, to not add to the traumatizing of victims and their loved ones, resist the urge to interview victims and loved ones.

Does media coverage of mass murders encourage others to kill?

Teachers and staff had to undergo a mental health evaluation and 80 hours of training by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement to carry a weapon at district campuses, Kelly said, adding each petition to carry also has to be approved by the school board.
In Texas, 172 school districts allow teachers, staff to carry guns in schools

And it's been shown by the Pros that at least once a month training in a high stress condition is required to stay up on the type of situations that those armed teachers might be required to react to if they are armed. Professional Security People do this. It's very costly. So they Teachers get the 80 hours and that conditioning lasts about a month. Then they go back to succumbing to human reactions. It's not a normal reaction for most to charge into a fire. MOST people will never be Fire Fighters and even then, a Fire Fighter has to train constantly to stay up on how to do it right. To do what is necessary without thought. You bunch of Rambo chairwarriors think you can do it but in reality, without the constant training, you will just get yourself and others killed. I used to be a Professional and trained to be a professional. But today, I don't know if I can even pull the trigger or not if push comes to shove. Will I hesitate too long? Will I shoot too quick? Will I panic and empty my gun without proper aiming? Those of us that have that have been in actual combat know the score. And when faced with a well armed mass shooter, that's about as down and dirty combat as you can get. So when you go off and say that all teachers can do it or even most teachers can do with even 80 hours of training then let us all know what schools those teachers are guarding so we can send out children to other schools.

Teachers and staff had to undergo a mental health evaluation and 80 hours of training by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement to carry a weapon at district campuses, Kelly said, adding each petition to carry also has to be approved by the school board.

And it's been shown by the Pros that at least once a month training in a high stress condition is required to stay up on the type of situations that those armed teachers might be required to react to if they are armed. Professional Security People do this. It's very costly. So they Teachers get the 80 hours and that conditioning lasts about a month. Then they go back to succumbing to human reactions. It's not a normal reaction for most to charge into a fire. MOST people will never be Fire Fighters and even then, a Fire Fighter has to train constantly to stay up on how to do it right. To do what is necessary without thought. You bunch of Rambo chairwarriors think you can do it but in reality, without the constant training, you will just get yourself and others killed. I used to be a Professional and trained to be a professional. But today, I don't know if I can even pull the trigger or not if push comes to shove. Will I hesitate too long? Will I shoot too quick? Will I panic and empty my gun without proper aiming? Those of us that have that have been in actual combat know the score. And when faced with a well armed mass shooter, that's about as down and dirty combat as you can get. So when you go off and say that all teachers can do it or even most teachers can do with even 80 hours of training then let us all know what schools those teachers are guarding so we can send out children to other schools.

All that is well and good. Sounds like you read a manual.

The best thing YOU could do is get after your local media and keep them from making these 15 minutes of fame- idiot shooters to dream about!
That's my major point in all of this!
Blowing out of proportion the shootings by the MSM has created this vicious circle.

Do your share by not adding fuel to the fire and get after this terrible biased MSM that lusts after these shootings for ratings and help defuse the issue. Telling others how poorly trained teachers with guns may make you feel superior but it DOESN"T solve the major problem which is the copy-cat killers that watch the MSM news.

I would hope you understand this really is the ONLY true way to combat this truly rare and totally overblown situation. Again the shootings are good for ratings.
MSM loves them. Do your part to spread the word that the MSM will not have an audience that pays attention to this crap!

The best thing YOU could do is get after your local media and keep them from making these 15 minutes of fame- idiot shooters to dream about!
Blowing out of proportion the shootings by the MSM has created this vicious circle.

Do your share by not adding fuel to the fire and get after this terrible biased MSM that lusts after these shootings for ratings and help defuse the issue. Telling others how poorly trained teachers with guns may make you feel superior but it DOESN"T solve the major problem which is the copy-cat killers that watch the MSM news.

I would hope you understand this really is the ONLY true way to combat this truly rare and totally overblown situation. Again the shootings are good for ratings.
MSM loves them. Do your part to spread the word that the MSM will not have an audience that pays attention to this crap!

We almost had a school shooting here. It made the local news once and was forgotten. No names were mentioned. But it did herald the Cop Prodecures, the local community involvement and the schools reactions to it. It worked well. It didn't make national news. And it wasn't run into the ground locally. School Shootings as well as community gathering shootings are hard to do when the Community is aware that it can happen and they are not afraid to report things that don't quite look right. Like in this case, a young person walking towards a school in a rain coat on a dry day favoring one side. The Cops were called and surrounded him in force and the school went into a lockdown for two hours. He never even had a chance to get his AR out from under his coat when he was taken down hard. He couldn't even commit suicide like he had planned. He had "Borrowed" his fathers AR and his 2 30 round clips even if it was against the law for the under 21 year old to have them. His trial was not publicised, his prison sentence was not broadcast and his name was not released. But you can rest assured he is with the State until he is at least 21 as it is. Yes, we need to not make them into heroes. But we also need to have common sense gun laws to keep the body counts down and to educate the Police, Community and Schools in what to do to prevent it as well. Even if they make it to the school, if they have no one to shoot at due to the lockdown, it buys the cops the time to do their jobs. There isn't a single Federal Law that can be put in place to prevent this. It's all up to the State and Locals.

We almost had a school shooting here. It made the local news once and was forgotten. No names were mentioned. But it did herald the Cop Prodecures, the local community involvement and the schools reactions to it. It worked well. It didn't make national news. And it wasn't run into the ground locally. School Shootings as well as community gathering shootings are hard to do when the Community is aware that it can happen and they are not afraid to report things that don't quite look right. Like in this case, a young person walking towards a school in a rain coat on a dry day favoring one side. The Cops were called and surrounded him in force and the school went into a lockdown for two hours. He never even had a chance to get his AR out from under his coat when he was taken down hard. He couldn't even commit suicide like he had planned. He had "Borrowed" his fathers AR and his 2 30 round clips even if it was against the law for the under 21 year old to have them. His trial was not publicised, his prison sentence was not broadcast and his name was not released. But you can rest assured he is with the State until he is at least 21 as it is. Yes, we need to not make them into heroes. But we also need to have common sense gun laws to keep the body counts down and to educate the Police, Community and Schools in what to do to prevent it as well. Even if they make it to the school, if they have no one to shoot at due to the lockdown, it buys the cops the time to do their jobs. There isn't a single Federal Law that can be put in place to prevent this. It's all up to the State and Locals.

Well see it worked!
What kind of "common sense gun laws"?

The MSM blows these events so out of proportion so as to sell advertising!
When will you people that get so agitated about banning guns wake up to reality!
Perspective | School shootings are extraordinarily rare. Why is fear of them driving policy?

View attachment 192252
What's the chance of catching two planes in a sky scraper? Miniscule. We took action though because it was evil. Now we have a similar evil situation but the right refuses to budge. Look at you demons now.

1). Police Barrack?
2). Gun show?
3). NRA convention?

And when that has been tried the students still got shot. Or the Gun was mishandled and students were wounded by the "Good Guy".

PURE RUBBISH. What you are describing there isn't any failure of being able to protect an area with armed citizens, it is a possible outcome when handled like a total clusterfuck because some liberal bureaucracy with zero common sense insists on having their hands all over a situation they don't even understand and created in the first place being as incompetent as they are with everything else they touch because all they really care about is marketing and politics.

Forum List

Back