Simple question to gun advocates

Yet another moron claiming people are calling for banning all guns.

You were saying?

Michael Moore: Hey, Letā€™s Repeal The ā€˜Outdatedā€™ 2nd Amendment
JOHN SEXTONPosted at 10:01 pm on October 4, 2017

You have to give Michael Moore this much, he says what many progressives are thinking but are afraid to vocalize. In this case, heā€™s not calling for the return of the assault weapon ban, heā€™s calling for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment:

SEE ALSO: If DNC hands Weinsteinā€™s donations to Emilyā€™s List is the money still tainted?

I, Michael Moore, along with all who support an end to this epidemic of gun violence, propose a new Amendment to our Constitution that repeals the ancient and outdated 2nd Amendment (which was written before bullets and revolvers were even invented), and replaces it with a new 28th Amendment that guarantees States can have State militias (a.k.a. State National Guards which are made up of citizen-soldiers who are called upon in times of natural disasters or other State emergencies), allows individuals to use guns for sport and gathering food, and guarantees everyone the right to be free of, and protected from, gun violence (i.e., the publicā€™s safety comes ahead of an individualā€™s right to own and fire a gun).

According to Moore, his proposal would add a series of major hurdles to gun ownership including getting a license (similar to the PAL in Canada) and a total ban on all semi-automatic weapons:
  • As over 90% of gun violence is committed by men, in order for a man to purchase a gun, he must first get a waiver from his current wife, plus his most recent ex-wife, or any woman with whom he is currently in a relationship (if heā€™s gay, he must get the waiver from his male spouse/partner). This law has greatly reduced most spousal/domestic gun murders in Canada.
  • All automatic and semi-automatic guns are banned.
  • No gun or clip can hold more than 6 bullets.
  • To activate a gun for it to be used, the trigger must recognize the fingerprint of its registered owner. This will eliminate most crimes committed with a gun as 80% of these crimes are done with a stolen gun.
In addition, under Mooreā€™s plan you would not be able to keep your gun at home but would be required to store it at a ā€œlicensed gun club or government-regulated gun storage facility.ā€ This is considerably more restrictive than the current law in Canada which, for instance, does allow gun owners to keep their guns at home and does not require fingerprint technology.

[...]

Michael Moore: Hey, let's repeal the 'outdated' 2nd Amendment - Hot Air

Curious how it's been posted again and again, how successful the 1934 NFA was in preventing use of full-auto (machine guns) in murdering people.

Then you argue that gun laws don't work, when you got slapped in the face with proof they do.

I already posted this information but I'm not sure it is comprehensible to you.
In florida you can buy a gun without a government photo ID. But you can't vote without one.

True, but we have a very low rate of gun crimes due to the tough laws on those who use a gun in the commission of a crime.

Curious how it's been posted again and again, how successful the 1934 NFA was in preventing use of full-auto (machine guns) in murdering people.

Then you argue that gun laws don't work, when you got slapped in the face with proof they do.

I already posted this information but I'm not sure it is comprehensible to you.

More likely this is the reason automatic weapons and silencers are not used in crimes today. Although I'll wager that bump stocks will be showing up in Chicago and other "gang" cities soon.

Use of a fully automatic class 3 weapon or a silencer in a crime can up the sentencing by 30 years even if no NFA prosecution takes place (18 USC sec. 924).

Penalties of Class 3 Weapons License | Class 3 Weapons License

You can't stop mass murder, whether 9-11 or Las Vegas. But you can make it so hard, it doesn't happen very often. We've stopped use of machine guns, we've stopped use of commercial airliners, now it's time to chip away on all the other methods.

Such as?

It is now possible to "harness" together dozens of drones you can purchase on-line. I couldn't do it but they can be joined electronically to fly in formation. Twenty-five, fifty whatever in a swarm. Anthrax, Sarin gas, uranium, whatever over a packed football stadium.

They need to do this:
1. Ban assault weapons from being sold in this country.

You don't even know an assault weapon if you tripped over one.

Which of these two guns is an assault weapon?

A%20ranch_rifle-M.jpg

or this one?
ar15_1-M.jpg

So? Who cares unless there is proof that has resulted in some reduction in the total number of all types of mass murder? Getting shot is worse than being burned to death? I don't think so.

You can't stop mass murder, whether 9-11 or Las Vegas. But you can make it so hard, it doesn't happen very often. We've stopped use of machine guns, we've stopped use of commercial airliners, now it's time to chip away on all the other methods.
Mass shooting account for 1% of all murders so murders in mass shooting happen 99 times less than other murders

If you admit that we can't prevent it, and you acknowledge that bad people will always be able to get the guns they want, what makes you think they won't just get them? Here is an Israeli woman with an M-16.

C3FuDM9VUAEctrC.jpg

Here are some more...

israeli-women-with-guns.jpg

Or how about at the beach?

b2809ab856a692a146a477db66ce9fae.jpg

The Israeli's have figured out that gun control doesn't work. So have MORE people carrying guns and they will be able to stop the bad actors before they are able to kill a lot of people.

That is the reality.
Im sure some bad guys will always be able to get their hands on those guns. Others maybe not. Maybe they just use a pistol instead or the quickest easiest thing they can find... In those cases maybe they only kill a couple people and not dozens. Don't you think that makes sense? Don't you think if it saves lives then it is worth exploring?

"Don't you think if it saves lives then it is worth exploring?"

False assumption. How would lives be saved if the murderer/terrorist uses explosives, or airplanes, or poisoned cool aid instead?

And they had that choice, but it's often harder to get such things or carry out such things. Guns are the weapon of choice because they're easy to get. They're not the weapon of choice in the UK, and the murder rate is much lower.

Guns are not the weapon of choice of the most successful mass murderers. Explosives, incendiaries, poisons and vehicles are all easily obtained and/or made. And America is not an island.

Well, it depends what the mass murderer wants. The sadistic kind, the ones who kill over a long period of time, might not use guns, because it's not their style. Those without style will use guns.

The 8 Worst Mass Murderers in American History
Number 8 in Sandy Hook, guns
Number 7 in Virginia Tech, guns
Number 6 is Wall Street Bombing, bombs
Number 5 is Heaven's Gate Suicide, well, suffocation
Number 4 is Bath School Disaster, bomb
Number 3 is Orlando Night Club, guns
Number 2 is Vegas, guns
Number 1 is McVeigh, bombs

So, bombs are there, guns are there. The two most popular. Bombs are actually illegal, guns aren't.
And mass shootings only account for 1% of all murders
Rifles are used in less than 2% of all murders

Rifles and mass shootings are the least of our murder problems

Did you support the provision that banned automatic weapons in 1986? Do you support it now? Why or why not?

No gun owner, like myself, can look at what happened in Las Vegas, and make a claim that assault weapons are NOT a threat to American everyday life. Yeah we can ban the bumper that will make a semi-automatic go automatic, but they'll come up with something else that will produce the same result. We have had too many incidents of people using assault weapons to kill innocent people. That is NOT what our forefathers intended when they wrote the 2nd amendment.

They need to do this:
2. Close the loophole on gun shows and everyone gets a background check, including on private sales, like Colorado has done.(It does no good that your neighbor can sell a gun to anyone, who intends to use it on you.)
3. Continue with background checks, including mental health warnings. Anyone that is on a no fly list should not be allowed to purchase guns. Anyone on a terrorist watch list should not be allowed to purchase guns.

Republicans won't do any of this. They may ban the bumper--but they won't address assault weapons. The only way you're going to get that done is to vote for DEMOCRATS who are more concerned about public safety, and not like Republicans that are more concerned about protecting the NRA (whom they are attached at the hip with) and their nut case gun owners. Republicans would pass out Grenade's and Bazooka's if it got them votes.

david-horsey-cartoon20091019.jpg

If you want common sense gun control, you'll have to vote for DEMOCRATS. There is no other way.

If you actually knew anything about guns you would know that the so called "assault" rifles you want banned are no different from any other semiautomatic rifle that you don't want to be banned.

Did you support the provision that banned automatic weapons in 1986? Do you support it now? Why or why not?

I really cant say one way or the other. I have no interest in automatic weapons. But, I have no issue with those who do.

-Geaux

No gun owner, like myself, can look at what happened in Las Vegas, and make a claim that assault weapons are NOT a threat to American everyday life.
Bullshit. You've never even seen a gun.

There is no such thing as an "assault weapon." The word you're looking for is an "assault rifle" which is usually a carbine with a mid-sized round, and selective fire (which makes it capable of both full-auto and semi-auto). Those are pretty much illegal to own.

The only difference between an "assault weapon" and a regular civilian gun is that the "assault weapon" looks scary.

If you want any freedom....NEVER VOTE DEMOCRAT!!!!!

Nope I own 3 pistols a 12 gauge shotgun and a 30/6 rifle for hunting. I don't need an assault weapon to protect myself. Neither do you.
And yet you don't know that what you call an assault rifle is just a plain old everyday semiautomatic rifle

You ought to learn more about guns of you're going to own them you might hurt yourself or someone else

Yet another moron claiming people are calling for banning all guns.

You were saying?

Michael Moore: Hey, Letā€™s Repeal The ā€˜Outdatedā€™ 2nd Amendment
JOHN SEXTONPosted at 10:01 pm on October 4, 2017

You have to give Michael Moore this much, he says what many progressives are thinking but are afraid to vocalize. In this case, heā€™s not calling for the return of the assault weapon ban, heā€™s calling for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment:

SEE ALSO: If DNC hands Weinsteinā€™s donations to Emilyā€™s List is the money still tainted?

I, Michael Moore, along with all who support an end to this epidemic of gun violence, propose a new Amendment to our Constitution that repeals the ancient and outdated 2nd Amendment (which was written before bullets and revolvers were even invented), and replaces it with a new 28th Amendment that guarantees States can have State militias (a.k.a. State National Guards which are made up of citizen-soldiers who are called upon in times of natural disasters or other State emergencies), allows individuals to use guns for sport and gathering food, and guarantees everyone the right to be free of, and protected from, gun violence (i.e., the publicā€™s safety comes ahead of an individualā€™s right to own and fire a gun).

According to Moore, his proposal would add a series of major hurdles to gun ownership including getting a license (similar to the PAL in Canada) and a total ban on all semi-automatic weapons:
  • As over 90% of gun violence is committed by men, in order for a man to purchase a gun, he must first get a waiver from his current wife, plus his most recent ex-wife, or any woman with whom he is currently in a relationship (if heā€™s gay, he must get the waiver from his male spouse/partner). This law has greatly reduced most spousal/domestic gun murders in Canada.
  • All automatic and semi-automatic guns are banned.
  • No gun or clip can hold more than 6 bullets.
  • To activate a gun for it to be used, the trigger must recognize the fingerprint of its registered owner. This will eliminate most crimes committed with a gun as 80% of these crimes are done with a stolen gun.
In addition, under Mooreā€™s plan you would not be able to keep your gun at home but would be required to store it at a ā€œlicensed gun club or government-regulated gun storage facility.ā€ This is considerably more restrictive than the current law in Canada which, for instance, does allow gun owners to keep their guns at home and does not require fingerprint technology.

[...]

Michael Moore: Hey, let's repeal the 'outdated' 2nd Amendment - Hot Air
:lmao:
Someone should harpoon that fat sack of shit...

No gun owner, like myself, can look at what happened in Las Vegas, and make a claim that assault weapons are NOT a threat to American everyday life.
Bullshit. You've never even seen a gun.

There is no such thing as an "assault weapon." The word you're looking for is an "assault rifle" which is usually a carbine with a mid-sized round, and selective fire (which makes it capable of both full-auto and semi-auto). Those are pretty much illegal to own.

The only difference between an "assault weapon" and a regular civilian gun is that the "assault weapon" looks scary.

If you want any freedom....NEVER VOTE DEMOCRAT!!!!!

Nope I own 3 pistols a 12 gauge shotgun and a 30/6 rifle for hunting. I don't need an assault weapon to protect myself. Neither do you.
:lmao:
None of your fucking business what other people own for firearms, Just as itā€™s none of the federal government business.:fu:

Im sure some bad guys will always be able to get their hands on those guns. Others maybe not. Maybe they just use a pistol instead or the quickest easiest thing they can find... In those cases maybe they only kill a couple people and not dozens. Don't you think that makes sense? Don't you think if it saves lives then it is worth exploring?

"Don't you think if it saves lives then it is worth exploring?"

False assumption. How would lives be saved if the murderer/terrorist uses explosives, or airplanes, or poisoned cool aid instead?

And they had that choice, but it's often harder to get such things or carry out such things. Guns are the weapon of choice because they're easy to get. They're not the weapon of choice in the UK, and the murder rate is much lower.

Guns are not the weapon of choice of the most successful mass murderers. Explosives, incendiaries, poisons and vehicles are all easily obtained and/or made. And America is not an island.

Well, it depends what the mass murderer wants. The sadistic kind, the ones who kill over a long period of time, might not use guns, because it's not their style. Those without style will use guns.

The 8 Worst Mass Murderers in American History
Number 8 in Sandy Hook, guns
Number 7 in Virginia Tech, guns
Number 6 is Wall Street Bombing, bombs
Number 5 is Heaven's Gate Suicide, well, suffocation
Number 4 is Bath School Disaster, bomb
Number 3 is Orlando Night Club, guns
Number 2 is Vegas, guns
Number 1 is McVeigh, bombs

So, bombs are there, guns are there. The two most popular. Bombs are actually illegal, guns aren't.
And mass shootings only account for 1% of all murders
Rifles are used in less than 2% of all murders

Rifles and mass shootings are the least of our murder problems

Well, they're not the LEAST of the problems. They still get people killed.

But yes, people with handguns seems to be the problem and no one seems to want to get rid of handguns, at least on the right.

No gun owner, like myself, can look at what happened in Las Vegas, and make a claim that assault weapons are NOT a threat to American everyday life. Yeah we can ban the bumper that will make a semi-automatic go automatic, but they'll come up with something else that will produce the same result. We have had too many incidents of people using assault weapons to kill innocent people. That is NOT what our forefathers intended when they wrote the 2nd amendment.

They need to do this:
2. Close the loophole on gun shows and everyone gets a background check, including on private sales, like Colorado has done.(It does no good that your neighbor can sell a gun to anyone, who intends to use it on you.)
3. Continue with background checks, including mental health warnings. Anyone that is on a no fly list should not be allowed to purchase guns. Anyone on a terrorist watch list should not be allowed to purchase guns.

Republicans won't do any of this. They may ban the bumper--but they won't address assault weapons. The only way you're going to get that done is to vote for DEMOCRATS who are more concerned about public safety, and not like Republicans that are more concerned about protecting the NRA (whom they are attached at the hip with) and their nut case gun owners. Republicans would pass out Grenade's and Bazooka's if it got them votes.

If you want common sense gun control, you'll have to vote for DEMOCRATS. There is no other way.

If you actually knew anything about guns you would know that the so called "assault" rifles you want banned are no different from any other semiautomatic rifle that you don't want to be banned.

Is there some sort of agreement that if you are duped by the NRA that you present the "There is no assault rifle" argument?

OK, so why do you "sane" people have to buy the ones that look scary? Does it give you a rise when you hold it?

They need to do this:

Is there some sort of agreement that if you are duped by the NRA that you present the "There is no assault rifle" argument?

OK, so why do you "sane" people have to buy the ones that look scary? Does it give you a rise when you hold it?

OK so then you tell me how an AR 15 is functionally different from a Ruger Mini 14 and how an AR 15 is more deadly.

Last edited:

I do not support it. Why? Because I want one, and it's an illogical argument that making them legal would cause more deaths.
Do you think if the Orlando shooter had one then more people would have died in the club? Do you think if he had body armor or an Uzi more or less people would have died?

No, I do not think that the Orlando shooter would have killed more. He just would have put 8 bullets into one person instead of one or two. He carefully and methodically executed people. According to witnesses that is.

What does body armor have to do with it?

I assume you mean because an Uzi is an automatic, even though you can get them in semi-auto. I answered that already.

its-because-im-black-isnt-it1.jpg

They need to do this:

Last edited:

I support no restrictions whatsoever on the second amendment.
Would you support a city or states right to pass laws that regulate the second amendment? Say a city wants to allow single shot pistols and hunting riffles. Should they be allowed to pass a law that says that?

No, because it would be a violation of the second.

The idea of an armed citizen is to have protection against an attacker. Giving criminals an advantage over the victim is not what a city or state should be allowed to do.

They need to do this:

The definition of insanity is...............

Ban on assault weapons didnā€™t reduce violence

Forum List

Back