Simple Question: Did we (USA) win Iraq War?

Did We Win the Iraq War

• Yes

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 53.6%

• Total voters
We kicked the crap out of them in the war phase of OIF.

It's the post war occupation of Iraq that we weren't so hot at.

We were not legally empowered by the UN to enforce any UN resolution.

That is why many of the former administration officials cannot travel abroad, for fear of being arrested as war criminals.

That was also the most difficult phase, dealing with a guerrila war. No guerrilla war ever goes easily or smoothly. THe fact that we managed to pull it off is testament to Pres Bush's leadership for persevering where everyone was telling him to get out.

That was also the most difficult phase, dealing with a guerrila war. No guerrilla war ever goes easily or smoothly. THe fact that we managed to pull it off is testament to Pres Bush's leadership for persevering where everyone was telling him to get out.

Bush is an incompetent fuckwad.

If he actually had a clue about the inner workings of Iraq before we went in and wasn't so damn hard headed and late to fire Rummy, Iraq could have been turned much earlier with a lot less loss of life.

Fuck Bush.

If he actually had a clue about the inner workings of Iraq before we went in and wasn't so damn hard headed and late to fire Rummy, Iraq could have been turned much earlier with a lot less loss of life.

Fuck Bush.

Fair enough.

How would you advise Obama to handle Afghanistan? Pretend you met him on the golf course and he asked your opinion

Fuck Bush.

Fair enough.

How would you advise Obama to handle Afghanistan? Pretend you met him on the golf course and he asked your opinion

I'd tell him to get the fuck out.

Fuck Bush.

Fair enough.

You probably said the same about Bush and Iraq.
I think you're the fuckwad here, mr. military expert.

Bush had to suppress it (not eliminate the insurgency, it is coming back as we write today) with coalition and mercenary troops totalling the several hundred thousand pairs of boots that General Shinseki said we needed. Of course General S was retired, and now Rumsfeld and Rice and others can't travel out of our country without fear (rightfully so) of being arrested as war criminals.

I take great satification of knowing that the far right is older and whiter when the country is becoming darker and younger, far less conservative and far more accepting of differences in other Americans. I have hope for the future, because the Palinistas are going to put the nails in the neo-con coffin in the 2012 election forever.

Bush had to suppress it (not eliminate the insurgency, it is coming back as we write today) with coalition and mercenary troops totalling the several hundred thousand pairs of boots that General Shinseki said we needed. Of course General S was retired, and now Rumsfeld and Rice and others can't travel out of our country without fear (rightfully so) of being arrested as war criminals.

I take great satification of knowing that the far right is older and whiter when the country is becoming darker and younger, far less conservative and far more accepting of differences in other Americans. I have hope for the future, because the Palinistas are going to put the nails in the neo-con coffin in the 2012 election forever.

Corzine is in a battle for his political life in a state where Dead registered Democrats outnumber living Republicans

Corzine is in a battle for his political life in a state where Dead registered Democrats outnumber living Republicans
Nothing will penetrate the black hole of understanding that is Jake, King of the Unsubstantiated Statement.

Fair enough.

I have an exercise for you to do. List any nations or armies that have successfully conquered and occupied Afghanistan throughout human history then make a list of those who failed.

And I never claimed to be a military expert ... it doesn't take one to point out Bush's obvious shortcomings in Iraq. My four years of service of active duty in the USAF and one tour in Iraq give me a different perspective and that's about it.

Corzine will win, of course, and you will be standing there while . . . just standing there as the world moves on. And an add on: hey, Rab, you loser, how ya doing?

Right, the Iranian are going to avenge their defeat at Basra.

You and Rip Van Winkle need to be told that it's 2009

Corzine will win, of course, and you will be standing there while . . . just standing there as the world moves on. And an add on: hey, Rab, you loser, how ya doing?

Thanks to corrupt one-Party rule, the Non-Living have tremendous representation in NJ and are quite happy to continue to support Democrats; it's the living who aren't doing so well there

I have an exercise for you to do. List any nations or armies that have successfully conquered and occupied Afghanistan throughout human history then make a list of those who failed.

And I never claimed to be a military expert ... it doesn't take one to point out Bush's obvious shortcomings in Iraq. My four years of service of active duty in the USAF and one tour in Iraq give me a different perspective and that's about it.

As I've said in previous posts, I dont think the Afghanistan war is winnable, for all the reasons you mention.

As I've said in previous posts, I dont think the Afghanistan war is winnable, for all the reasons you mention.

Yet for some reason you felt the need to say this ...

... when I said I would advise Obama to get out of A-Stan.

Perhaps you took your meds between posts?

No. You're a moron both before and after. My opinion on that hasn't changed one bit.

I don't know what the answer is on Afghanistan. But I do know that whatever it is, Obama will make the wrong decision. Actually he seems to be going there even now. First the request for troops was one number. Then they were asked to scale it back to another number. In the end it will be something different.
It is just like Vietnam. Exact same pattern in government emerging here.

No. You're a moron both before and after. My opinion on that hasn't changed one bit.

I don't know what the answer is on Afghanistan. But I do know that whatever it is, Obama will make the wrong decision. Actually he seems to be going there even now. First the request for troops was one number. Then they were asked to scale it back to another number. In the end it will be something different.

This is what we call a definition partisan hack.

So according to you, no matter what Obama does in A-Stan it will be the wrong thing to do.

Thanks for telling us what we already know: That no matter what Obama does you will attack him for it.

This is what we call a definition partisan hack.

Art: Obama should get out of AStan.

Rabbi: You're a fuckwad and we should get out of AStan.

Art: But didn't I just say that we should get out of AStan?

Rabbi: You're a moron and no matter what Obama does I'm against it.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back