Simple Question: Did we (USA) win Iraq War?

Did We Win the Iraq War

• Yes

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 53.6%

• Total voters
Did we win the 'war' in Iraq? How does one define 'Win'?
Did the 'enemy' surrender on the fantail of Missouri (BB-63)? Nope.
I suppose we need to ask the Iraqi people. At least those who survived our 'help'. Of course we cannot ask those killed yesterday, but maybe we could all chip in and buy a plane ticket to Baghdad for CrusderFrank; he could interview the mothers, fathers and children looking through the carnage for their husband, dad, mother, sister, brother - or parts of their loved one.

You should read the OP before you continue to embarrass yourself by posting your "ideas"

I posted what I considered to be the conditions met for victory and we met them all.
All of a sudden Libs care about dead and missing Iraqis. How they long for the return of Uncle Saddam

What you consider?

Who the fuck died and made you king of the world?

Win? I dunno. We certainly accomplished what we set out to do.

You are so stupid I can hardly believe you are not a monkey using your masters computer when he is not looking.

Our mission in invading afghanistan little miss einstein was to capture Ossama Bin Ladin...and destroy the camps that trained AlQuida.

Or are you going to try to re-write history so soon?

Pardon me..I got a little off track.

Last edited:

You are so stupid I can hardly believe you are not a monkey using your masters computer when he is not looking.

Our mission in invading afghanistan little miss einstein was to capture Ossama Bin Ladin...and destroy the camps that trained AlQuida.

the thread is about the iraq war.....not the afganistan war....the goals of the iraq war were pretty much acomplished....afganistan is known as the graveyard of empires....the us will fall there just like every other empire....

Last edited:

If that accomplishment was to send women back to the dark ages, help create an Islamic hard core theocracy, destroy the Christian population, and bankrupt the US, then for sure, we did exactly what we meant to accomplish.

Good job Republicans. I'm sure the women and Christians of Iraq thank you.

I suppose we need to ask the Iraqi people. At least those who survived our 'help'. Of course we cannot ask those killed yesterday, but maybe we could all chip in and by a plane ticket to Baghdad for CrusderFrank; he could interview the mothers, fathers and children looking through the carnage for their husband, dad, mother, sister, brother - or parts of their loved one.

Or you could ask the relatives of the thousansd of Iraqis and Kurds killed by Saddam whether they'd like to have him back. How about the war widows in Iran?
Based on your criterion I guess we didnt win in Europe either as there was no surrender on the fantail of the Missouri.

Or we could ask the farmers if the early frost in Canada will harm the berry crop in Modesto. Are you really as dumb as your response suggests?

I suppose we need to ask the Iraqi people. At least those who survived our 'help'. Of course we cannot ask those killed yesterday, but maybe we could all chip in and buy a plane ticket to Baghdad for CrusderFrank; he could interview the mothers, fathers and children looking through the carnage for their husband, dad, mother, sister, brother - or parts of their loved one.

You should read the OP before you continue to embarrass yourself by posting your "ideas"

I posted what I considered to be the conditions met for victory and we met them all.

All of a sudden Libs care about dead and missing Iraqis. How they long for the return of Uncle Saddam

Tthanks for sharing; your opinion as always is totally partisan and completely wrong.

What you consider?

Who the fuck died and made you king of the world?

Just continue your "The War is Lostttttttttttttttttttttttttttt" Caterwauling.

Pardon me..I got a little off track.

Exhibit A.

OP and Post Disconnect Syndrome.

A condition where the poster has either failed to read the OP or read the OP and cannot understand what it says, do he goes off on a bizzaroland tangent.

Tthanks for sharing; your opinion as always is totally partisan and completely wrong.

I'll bet you voted No

But CF, in reality, does not get to design the credulity of the question and then ignore all the evidence that crushes it. Frank has to believe that his proposition is in the land of la la. So. We did not win the war, CF is wrong, and Rab is a babbling idiot. Yes, the far right and the Bushies live in delusional land. And the wonderful thing is the great majority of Americans, as has been posted repeatedly on this board, simply reject the GOP as any sort of acceptable alternative.

Last edited:
But CF, in reality, does not get to design the credulity of the question and then ignore all the evidence that crushes it. We did not win the war, CF is wrong, and Rab is a babbling idiot. Yes, the far right and the Bushies live in delusional land. And the wonderful thing is the great majority of Americans, as has been posted repeatedly on this board, simply reject the GOP as any sort of acceptable alternative.

We did not win it? Why? What "Evidence" do you have?

But CF, in reality, does not get to design the credulity of the question and then ignore all the evidence that crushes it. Frank has to believe that his proposition is in the land of la la. So. We did not win the war, CF is wrong, and Rab is a babbling idiot. Yes, the far right and the Bushies live in delusional land. And the wonderful thing is the great majority of Americans, as has been posted repeatedly on this board, simply reject the GOP as any sort of acceptable alternative.

who won....

I suppose we need to ask the Iraqi people. At least those who survived our 'help'. Of course we cannot ask those killed yesterday, but maybe we could all chip in and by a plane ticket to Baghdad for CrusderFrank; he could interview the mothers, fathers and children looking through the carnage for their husband, dad, mother, sister, brother - or parts of their loved one.

Or you could ask the relatives of the thousansd of Iraqis and Kurds killed by Saddam whether they'd like to have him back. How about the war widows in Iran?
Based on your criterion I guess we didnt win in Europe either as there was no surrender on the fantail of the Missouri.

Or we could ask the farmers if the early frost in Canada will harm the berry crop in Modesto. Are you really as dumb as your response suggests?

To a babbling idiot I am sure Einstein was incomprehensible.
Was Einstein incomprehensible to you?

I wonder too? If a light is shined in CFranks right ear and it does not appear in his left ear, does that mean the light curved somewhere in the space between his ears?

I wonder too? If a light is shined in CFranks right ear and it does not appear in his left ear, does that mean the light curved somewhere in the space between his ears?

You try it and tell us what you saw.

Wow, pulling out the stops. Straw men. Cowardly lions. Half truths, untruths, red herrings, all wrapped up in turgid prose with a dollop of hysteria.
If this be defeat, give me more of it!

You are a helpless shlemozel. The world goes through life spilling soup on you. You failed to respond to any of that and instead substituted your own laughable world view, which features, always, the US as villain in chief.

"It was al Qaeda that attacked the US." Yeah, the argument was certainly strewn with fallacies wasn't it. It seems strange that for all the arguments from the right about 'winning' it is never in context with those whom we were, and are, actually at war with...

Sigh. Some people never learn.
CLaiming that our justification for going to war with Iraq was because Iraq attacked us is a red herring. No one, ever, made that argument. I defy anyone on this board to find a source from the Bush Admin that claimed that.
Similarly claiming that the administration lied about intelligence might be the most debunked claim around. If the admin lied, so did every other intelligence service in the world, since they all reported pretty much the same thing.
But now Obama has us in the right war, the one we should have been waging from the start, right??

CLaiming that our justification for going to war with Iraq was because Iraq attacked us is a red herring. No one, ever, made that argument.

------You are right, no one did make that claim. The point was that we shouldn't have attacked Iraq because they DIDN'T attack us. Was it really that subtle?

since they all reported pretty much the same thing.

------That's just a flat out lie. Only the US reported that. Clinton didn't attack because he didn't have enough evidence. Bush asked those famous words, "Is that all ya got?" and attacked anyway. What an idiot.

Hmm, so it was a bad argument to attack Iraq because of 9.11. But that argument itself is actually fallacious. So the logical conclusion is Bush is an idiot.
Hellooooo?? Anybody home?

FWIW, every intelligence service in the world reported that Saddam had a WMD program going (which in fact he did). They did not disagree fundamentally with the US assessment.
But none of that is germane to this thread, which asks if we won in Iraq.
So what's the answer?

Einstein is understandable because he was sane and sensible. Not that all insane foks are incomprehensible, but some like you truly have trouble with higher cognitive and abstract communication.

No, we have not won in Iraq. We have managed (by putting the number of boots on the ground in 2007that Shinseki asked for four years earlier) to gain enough breathing room that we can withdraw next year or the year after. Then Iraq will ally Iran to keep the U.S. irrelevant in the Middle East.

Forum List

Back