Sick of Islam being promoted to young people

Jews and Muslims have the same God, the God of Jesus and the other Prophets. The Christians do not.
Raise up Islam and protect it like a foundling at every opportunity. Bash Christianity at every opportunity. You do understand that leftist atheists doing this really just makes actual, equal opportunity atheists look worse than we already do, yes? Like, you don't even bother trying to hide your biases, though I'm sure you would insist that you don't have any at all while amply demonstrating them. Just saying...

"Sick of Islam being promoted to young people"

Sick of the ignorance, hate, and bigotry exhibited by you and most others on the right.
The above would apply to this as well. We don't promote skepticism by focusing all of our efforts into exclusively sniping at the one religion we're bitter against while giving the fantastic claims and backwards dogmas of every other religion a free pass. We don't promote a strong secular society by selecting which ideas we challenge based on whether those ideas are protected by political correctness. We especially don't protect our children from religious predators by shoving them into the mosque to spite the church.

Last edited:
This is pretty blatant. The teachers leave out the violence that defines Islam. They leave out the fact that the Islam god was nothing but a murderer and a pedophile who married a little girl. The schools aren't teaching a basic history of religion. They are teaching children that Islam is the only true one. They want students to remember the tenets of Islam. One school had them create their own prayer rug and then use it to pray to the Muslim god. They teach that the Muslim god is the only true god, not that it's merely what Muslims believe. It's bullshit and the kids are being taught to respect Islam while it's been claimed that the pages in the book for other religions were accidentally left out. Bullshit.

Of course, the radical CAIR is already accusing the parents of hatred because they aren't willing to allow schools to convert their son to Islam. If schools were telling children that other religons were the only true ones or making children cite the 10 commandments or recite specific parts of the bible, the left would go into a rage. Teaching Islam is worse because it has been the most violent of all by far.

"Parents of a boy enrolled in Manhattan Beach Middle School are pulling their son out of class because the school is teaching children the tents of Islam, Los Angeles news station KTLA reports.

The father said, "The audacity of this school, to think that they can sit these children down and teach ’em whatever religion they please; it’s preposterous. This is illegal, basically. You can’t teach religion in schools any more, but apparently, in this particular school, at least, that’s not the case."

Parents said they discovered that what their children were learning about Islam was more about the tenets of the faith than the history of the religion, according to KTLA. One question asked the students to write down teachings from the Koran.

Notice that the students are not taught about the violent history of Islam, the killings of hundreds of thousands who would not convert, the subjugation of other faiths, the persecution of women, who for example are required to produce 5 male witnesses to prove crimes such as rape, and are required to wear burkas. None of this is taught, just the religious "tenets" of Islam.

The father continued, "What I saw written in these bubbles was, ‘The one true God, Allah’ in one of the bubbles. In one of the other bubbles was ‘All people must submit to Allah,’ in another bubble. The I turned the page over and I see the five pillars of Islam." "

[URL='http://toprightnews.com/california-parents-pull-their-son-from-class-after-students-were-required-to-recite-allah-is-the-one-true-god/[/QUOTE']http://toprightnews.com/california-parents-pull-their-son-from-class-after-students-were-required-to-recite-allah-is-the-one-true-god/[/URL]

What if the God of Islam were the one true God?

How about those apples? There's no reason he couldn't be.

That might have been the case at one time.

Take off the tinfoil hat and stop reading right-wing propaganda.

Cut the crap. Muslim women are treated like property in many Muslims countries. Religion should not be promoted in schools. Period. Stop defending this just because some teachers are trying to make islam look good.

That has to do with culture, not religion -- culture which long predates Islam or any other religion. This just in: women are treated like property in many Christian countries (including this one) as well as Buddhist countries, Hindu countries, Shinto countries, etc etc.

This is pretty blatant. The teachers leave out the violence that defines Islam. They leave out the fact that the Islam god was nothing but a murderer and a pedophile who married a little girl. The schools aren't teaching a basic history of religion. They are teaching children that Islam is the only true one. They want students to remember the tenets of Islam. One school had them create their own prayer rug and then use it to pray to the Muslim god. They teach that the Muslim god is the only true god, not that it's merely what Muslims believe. It's bullshit and the kids are being taught to respect Islam while it's been claimed that the pages in the book for other religions were accidentally left out. Bullshit.

Of course, the radical CAIR is already accusing the parents of hatred because they aren't willing to allow schools to convert their son to Islam. If schools were telling children that other religons were the only true ones or making children cite the 10 commandments or recite specific parts of the bible, the left would go into a rage. Teaching Islam is worse because it has been the most violent of all by far.

"Parents of a boy enrolled in Manhattan Beach Middle School are pulling their son out of class because the school is teaching children the tents of Islam, Los Angeles news station KTLA reports.

The father said, "The audacity of this school, to think that they can sit these children down and teach ’em whatever religion they please; it’s preposterous. This is illegal, basically. You can’t teach religion in schools any more, but apparently, in this particular school, at least, that’s not the case."

Parents said they discovered that what their children were learning about Islam was more about the tenets of the faith than the history of the religion, according to KTLA. One question asked the students to write down teachings from the Koran.

Notice that the students are not taught about the violent history of Islam, the killings of hundreds of thousands who would not convert, the subjugation of other faiths, the persecution of women, who for example are required to produce 5 male witnesses to prove crimes such as rape, and are required to wear burkas. None of this is taught, just the religious "tenets" of Islam.

The father continued, "What I saw written in these bubbles was, ‘The one true God, Allah’ in one of the bubbles. In one of the other bubbles was ‘All people must submit to Allah,’ in another bubble. The I turned the page over and I see the five pillars of Islam." "

http://toprightnews.com/california-parents-pull-their-son-from-class-after-students-were-required-to-recite-allah-is-the-one-true-god/

If ya want schools to be able to teach Christianity, they can only do so if they teach other religions too.

It'd be a real education for the kids finding out every religion thinks it worships the only true god.

In order to be fair, don't you think we should also teach the history and intolerance of all religions? Below are some ideas for a deeper understanding of Christianity.

Great way to get rid of lots of congressmen.
"If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death." (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

How old does this have to be enforced at? Lots of children swing at their parents when little? Any age limit in that book on the family? My granddaughter whacked me good at 14 months, maybe grandpas are excluded? "Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Jeez, this sure would control the population, my brother and his partner of twenty five years may complain though. "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Thank goodness only priest's daughter get the hot seat.
"A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death." (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Is it OK if you marry the bitch after fornication or does that count too? Maybe kill each other? Anyone know.
"But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst." (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

These Bible folks sound a bit like Union organizers? No work on Sunday, huh. Imagine the stampede at Walmart after the loud speaker announcement.
"The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'" (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Is this retroactively possible? I mean suppose you find out after the sons have flew the coup? Is it necessary to track them down?
"Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants." (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

"Abraham had two wives, Sarah and her handmaiden Hagar. King Solomon had 700 wives, plus 300 concubines and slaves. Jacob, the patriarch who gives Israel its name, had two wives and two concubines. In a humanist vein, Exodus 21:10 warns that when men take additional wives, they must still provide for their previous one. (Exodus 21:16 adds that if a man seduces a virgin and has sex with her, he has to marry her, too.)"

All around good advice? Sounds a little nutty to me but maybe that's just me?
"Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing." (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)[/QUOTE]

In order to be fair, don't you think we should also teach the history and intolerance of all religions? Below are some ideas for a deeper understanding of Christianity.

Great way to get rid of lots of congressmen.
"If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death." (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

How old does this have to be enforced at? Lots of children swing at their parents when little? Any age limit in that book on the family? My granddaughter whacked me good at 14 months, maybe grandpas are excluded? "Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Jeez, this sure would control the population, my brother and his partner of twenty five years may complain though. "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Thank goodness only priest's daughter get the hot seat.
"A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death." (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Is it OK if you marry the bitch after fornication or does that count too? Maybe kill each other? Anyone know.
"But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst." (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

These Bible folks sound a bit like Union organizers? No work on Sunday, huh. Imagine the stampede at Walmart after the loud speaker announcement.
"The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'" (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Is this retroactively possible? I mean suppose you find out after the sons have flew the coup? Is it necessary to track them down?
"Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants." (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

"Abraham had two wives, Sarah and her handmaiden Hagar. King Solomon had 700 wives, plus 300 concubines and slaves. Jacob, the patriarch who gives Israel its name, had two wives and two concubines. In a humanist vein, Exodus 21:10 warns that when men take additional wives, they must still provide for their previous one. (Exodus 21:16 adds that if a man seduces a virgin and has sex with her, he has to marry her, too.)"

All around good advice? Sounds a little nutty to me but maybe that's just me?
"Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing." (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)
[/QUOTE]

I will help-----you don't know anything about the legal code and system of jurisprudence which existed during the time
that the bible was written or when that code was in force.
If you read the Koran-----you will not understand shariah either. If you read the Bhagavad Gita----you won't be
an instant expert on Hinduism and the caste system ----either. Try to stop being stupid. Read a textbook on
calculus------then you will be Einstein

nothing at all should be said about the various religions in
public school. There is no way to teach ABOUT religion to
a group of culturally diverse children------any discussion will
lead to playground quarrels.

public school. There is no way to teach ABOUT religion to
a group of culturally diverse children------any discussion will
lead to playground quarrels.
I find interfaith meetings gone wrong as the funniest, watch this one, where the Muslims go crazy over the filming - as they don't think an open meeting should be open. ;)

public school. ....

Oh yeah, hide information from students. Great pedagogical approach.

"hide" information? I did not suggest censoring their reading material I went to public school LONG LONG ago----and I actually remember the silly little page in the "SOCIAL STUDIES"textbook that purported to DESCRIBE religions of the world-----acutally very superficial and silly ----so superficial and "SWEETENED UP" that it was actually not information at all. By junior high school a kid should know how to read
and there should be a library in the Junior high school and
high school. Lessons in religion based on a paragraph
on each is BOUND to be useless to the point of worse than
no lesson at all. How about a single paragraph on every
philosophical POV too. ??? I see no value in such superficial information. If the kids get INTENSIVE lessons ---there is bound to be BIAS----high school teachers are OFTEN very limited type beings

public school. ....

"hide" information? I did not suggest censoring their reading material I went to public school LONG LONG ago----and I actually remember the silly little page in the "SOCIAL STUDIES"textbook that purported to DESCRIBE religions of the world-----acutally very superficial and silly ----so superficial and "SWEETENED UP" that it was actually not information at all. By junior high school a kid should know how to read
philosophical POV too. ??? I see no value in such superficial information. If the kids get INTENSIVE lessons ---there is bound to be BIAS----high school teachers are OFTEN very limited type beings

Sounds like the bias is yours.

public school. ....

your comment is entirely baseless----you have very insufficient
data. In fact---based on the fact that you reached such a conclusion based on no information demonstrates YOUR bias

public school. ....

data. ...

Your own words are sufficient to arrive at the conclusion that you are biased, illogical, and ill-informed.

public school. ....

data. ...

Your own words are sufficient to arrive at the conclusion that you are biased, illogical, and ill-informed.

your response is like that of a teenaged girl. "it is so because I FEEL that it is so......"

Forum List

Back