Shutdown Fallout Effects....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Timmy, Jan 4, 2019.

1. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,926
    By that reasoning we should just destroy the existing fence and have open borders, that way we can spend way more money on courts to keep shipping the illegals out!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,858
    What do you know, we agree on something. Trump has no choice but to declare a national emergency.

However, consider this. Within 48 hours, his national emergency proclamation will be in the courts and the issue may not be decided for months. So if Trump immediately agrees to open goverment and the courts rule against him or delay the decision, he's screwed. He apparent realized this because he said today that just because he declares a national emergency doesn't mean government will reopen.

We have hundreds of thousands of government workers on the job working without pay. This includes TSA inspectors, Flight Controllers, FBI agents, CIA agents, DEA agents, border patrol, national park rangers, and security personnel in over 10,000 federal federal buildings. Imagine having people doing critical jobs we depend on for our safety working without pay for months, which is what Trump expects. That's absolutely insane. When people are forced to work without pay, moral goes in the shit can, they become complacent, fail to show up at work, take on temp jobs, and many of course will just walk off the job.

Do you think terrorist are not taking note of this. If the government is shutdown for months as Trump expects we going have some real national emergencies.

3. basquebromance

basquebromance Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,510
    Congress gets payed while we get played!

hey, this is crazy! i'm a federal employee, so pay me, maybe?

4. Flopper

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,858
    They need the money. Most probably, unemployment benefits will reduce their backpack. You can not collect back pay and unemployment for the same period without an adjustment.

5. pismoe

pismoe Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,761
    -------------------------------------------------------------- thanks Ray , and we are getting a few more in Eastern European countries from what i read . Fences and WALLS only make good sense as well as Guards on the Border . ThanksRay !!.

6. Flopper

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,858
    I don't know any employer that expects their people to work without pay for extended periods. That's crazy.

7. Flopper

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,858
    Millions of workers are one paycheck away from the streets. Millions more live from paycheck to paycheck I know several people that have no savings, no pay check, then no groceries, no rent payment, etc.

What we're hearing now is mostly fear. After missing another paycheck or so, a lot of people are going to be desperate. People that are furrowed are eligible for unemployment. Those that are working without pay aren't.

If this goes on another month or so, we are going have massive walkouts in critical jobs and Trump will have deal with it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  8. Clipper

Clipper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +570
    Oops bad news, pal! That company you drive for has fallen on hard times & needs to realign. So in the meantime you wont get paid for a few weeks. But, you'll be expected to show up bright & early come Monday ready to hit the pavement. I'm sure you won't mind working for free for a while.

Enjoy yourself, the company knows you're on their side!:5_1_12024:

9. initforme

initforme Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,202
    People should work for free according to some here. Fact. Wackos. Bad folk.

10. Ray From Cleveland

Ray From Cleveland Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,904
    No problem, I'm always prepared. Got enough money to make it for a few months and if I run out of that, I have plenty of credit cards in my drawer; some I haven't used in years if ever. When I finally get paid I'll replace the cash I took out of my checking account or if on credit, payoff the credit card I borrowed from. No big deal. All my cards are 0% interest rate.