Shunning

Should shunning be allowed?

• Total voters

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Should the social practice of shunning, or otherwise discriminating against people or groups for various reasons, be allowed?

I was shunned by classmates and teachers all through my school days made things rough on me but I took a look at those shunning me and was sort of glad they did. I am not sure what can be done about it legally. Although I have always felt it was a major factor in me not progressing like I should have and not participating in events that would have had a positive effect on my future.

I was shunned by classmates and teachers all through my school days made things rough on me but I took a look at those shunning me and was sort of glad they did. I am not sure what can be done about it legally. Although I have always felt it was a major factor in me not progressing like I should have and not participating in events that would have had a positive effect on my future.

I realized a lot when a Trump hating acquaintance shunned me because I didn't jump on the Trump hate train, and it turned out to be a wonderful thing! She was a toxic mess and I'm so much happier with her out of my life.

Would any of the posters here be in favor of a child being shunned and not allowed to play sports or join a school club or sports team because the others both adults and children decided they just didn't want them to participate?

Should the social practice of shunning, or otherwise discriminating against people or groups for various reasons, be allowed?
YES….Old Great America, the greatest most powerful nation the world had ever known was built in a very short 150 years on a moral order, a value system, on Christian principles, on heterosexuality.…Before the leftist filth movement America’s moral society would “shun” and “discriminate“ against freaks, weirdos, faggots and the like.
I may be the wrong guy to ask as I am all for a completely segregated America, I think it’s our only hope…I believe our diversity is our demise….I say stack all the immoral, indecent anything goes filthy fucks on top of each-other in Mexifornia and Loon York and give core Americans the rest of the nation.

I may be the wrong guy to ask as I am all for a completely segregated America, .
As President Clinton used to say, "I feel your pain."

Being 85, I remember the days of de facto segregation here in Los Angeles.

Not only against African Americans but also against Asians and Hispanics.

We had an Asian friend who visited a housing development and was told calmly that they did not sell to people like her.
'
At one time, most public accommodations were off limits to African Americans and Hispanics. Quite often Asians were allowed because (a) Asians were so few in number back then and (b) Asians were considered meek and would cause no problems.

This is 2022. Voters in Los Angeles (the majority of whom are now non-Caucasian) have just elected an African American lady as the next mayor. Law enforcement on every level is now predominately Hispanic, as are the city's public schools.

By 2050, we are told, Caucasians will no longer be the majority in this country, although they will remain the most numerous ethnicity for some time.

Maybe (maybe!) Caucasians and Asians and (possibly) Hispanics CAN live together in relative harmony, but (excuse me for saying this) there is something about an unusually large percentage of African Americans that makes it impossible to have a pleasant environment with them in it.

Nevertheless, returning to de jure segregation is simply out of the question.

Anyone who cannot tolerate this changing America has one choice: Either adjust to the new realities of this country -- or leave.

Last edited:
Maybe (maybe!) Caucasians and Asians and (possibly) Hispanics CAN live together in relative harmony, but (excuse me for saying this) there is something about an unusually large percentage of African Americans that makes it impossible to have a pleasant environment with them in it.

Take it from somebody that does live with them, it's miserable.

Back in the 70's when "brotherhood" was being pushed, the message was that black people are like white people only with different color skin. So the harmony began and whites interacted with blacks. It was only then that we found the message was wrong. Blacks are nothing like whites. In fact quite the opposite in most ways.

So until this day, white flight is a real thing. Blacks continue to destroy where they move and bring down property values. The only way whites and blacks could ever peacefully live together is if blacks began separating themselves by class instead of race, and reject lower class blacks that do move into their neighborhoods.

Last edited:

Should the state determine who individuals associate with? Perhaps a "Ministry of Preferences" to assign people the proper views on celebrities, products, and ideas; so that the state can be better served?

Should the state determine who individuals associate with? Perhaps a "Ministry of Preferences" to assign people the proper views on celebrities, products, and ideas; so that the state can be better served?

I don't know, I think the melting pot is turning out to be a bad idea; forcing people with completely different views to live with each other only angers both sides. Perhaps the best thing is for us to lick our wounds and try something else to get better results.

As President Clinton used to say, "I feel your pain."

Being 85, I remember the days of de facto segregation here in Los Angeles.

Not only against African Americans but also against Asians and Hispanics.

We had an Asian friend who visited a housing development and was told calmly that they did not sell to people like her.
'
At one time, most public accommodations were off limits to African Americans and Hispanics. Quite often Asians were allowed because (a) Asians were so few in number back then and (b) Asians were considered meek and would cause no problems.

This is 2022. Voters in Los Angeles (the majority of whom are now non-Caucasian) have just elected an African American lady as the next mayor. Law enforcement on every level is now predominately Hispanic, as are the city's public schools.

By 2050, we are told, Caucasians will no longer be the majority in this country, although they will remain the most numerous ethnicity for some time.

Nevertheless, returning to de jure segregation is simply out of the question.

Anyone who cannot tolerate this changing America has one choice: Either adjust to the new realities of this country -- or leave.

That isn't "shunning," that is discrimination.

Shunning is a social phenomenon, vs. a commercial interaction.

Forum List

Back