Shouldn’t POTUS have all the intel?

The Apple Watch app records voice files on the iPhone, not on the watch itself.

Rush is a Apple fan and mentioned that fact the morning the apparent fake intelligence hit the fake news airways. TDS folks are consistently gullible, we have to give them that! :p

Meanwhile, in Haiti which has an impact on US demographics, dozens of Haitians have being slaughtered in the past 24 hours and fake news is sticking with the Saudi thing to stir up trouble.
Are you saying you think the recording is fake?

In an interview with Chris Wallace over the weekend, Trump stated that he was briefed on the audio recording of a Washington Post reporter being tortured and killed by Saudi government thugs but he didn’t listen to it himself. Is it just me or does anybody else think that our POTUS should be able to stomach and hear for himself every detail of this horrible act? Especially since he is the decision maker about how we respond.

Trump is out there making excuses for the Prince backing up his claim that he knew nothing about the attack. This flys in the face of our CIA saying that they believe the Prince knew exactly what was going on. Maybe if Trump heard the sounds of a man losing his life as he was cut into pieces he might make a more educated judgement about how to respond and take this act a little more seriously... not try to dismiss it to protect an arms deal.

I know Trump likes to play tough guy, but tough is being able to face the evil that is out there and then stand up for what is right.

I don't think he's wrong in not listening to it.

He would have been advised of its content in advance.

He has to make fact-based decisions when dealing with an Ally. He cannot
have his emotions enter into it.

In an interview with Chris Wallace over the weekend, Trump stated that he was briefed on the audio recording of a Washington Post reporter being tortured and killed by Saudi government thugs but he didn’t listen to it himself. Is it just me or does anybody else think that our POTUS should be able to stomach and hear for himself every detail of this horrible act? Especially since he is the decision maker about how we respond.

Trump is out there making excuses for the Prince backing up his claim that he knew nothing about the attack. This flys in the face of our CIA saying that they believe the Prince knew exactly what was going on. Maybe if Trump heard the sounds of a man losing his life as he was cut into pieces he might make a more educated judgement about how to respond and take this act a little more seriously... not try to dismiss it to protect an arms deal.

I know Trump likes to play tough guy, but tough is being able to face the evil that is out there and then stand up for what is right.

Do you think crime scene photos, video, and audio should be hidden from judges and juries so they don’t get disturbed?

Do you think crime scene photos, video, and audio should be hidden from judges and juries so they don’t get disturbed?

That's not an apples to apples comparison, of the situation.

lol That's not what your post said. He got the information in a briefing, so if that was all you wanted there would be no reason for you to whine about him listening to the tape.
He got a second hand account. The best information, in my opinion, is first hand. Wouldn’t you agree?
So you think the President should do all the intelligence work himself instead of getting second hand accounts from the CIA, FBI, etc.?
Not at all. But when there is video or audio evidence of an international matter of the magnitude of this one and he is making diplomatic decisions that could have world altering effects, I think it would be appropriate to hear or see the evidence for himself. Why would you disagree with that?
lol You just contradicted yourself in the same post. First you say it's not necessary to examine the evidence he gets from the CIA. FBi, etc. and then you say he should examine it.
That’s not true. You asked if I thought POTUS should do all the intelligence work himself. That’s very different from reviewing the evidence in a situation like this. Come on, stop with the spin stuff, just be honest.
Bullshit. You said the President should not rely on his intelligence people but should evaluate the evidence directly.

lol That's not what your post said. He got the information in a briefing, so if that was all you wanted there would be no reason for you to whine about him listening to the tape.
He got a second hand account. The best information, in my opinion, is first hand. Wouldn’t you agree?
So you think the President should do all the intelligence work himself instead of getting second hand accounts from the CIA, FBI, etc.?
Let me pose it this way. Do you think we should stop showing crime scene photos, video, and audio recordings of crimes to judges and jury members during trails because they might be gross, sad, depressing or disturbing? Maybe we make it optional for them to view if they think they might get nightmares or feel queezy. Or do you think it neccessary for those who sit in judgement to be exposed to as much as the information as possible so they can best understand the details of the crime and the impact it had on those effected?
Actually, courts make decisions on whether a piece of evidence has probative value or if the emotional impact will make it more difficult for jurors to weigh the evidence. If the probative value of the tape or photograph does not outweigh the emotional impact, it might well be excluded. There is no rational basis basis for claiming hearing a man scream will help the President make better policy decisions.
I disagree. I think knowing exactly what the Saudi’s did to that poor man is very important when deciding how to respond. Trump is a pampered billionaire wannabe tough guy. He isn’t used to making life and death decisions or sticking up to murders and human rights abusers on behalf of a country. I know it isn’t pleasant but he needs to be exposed to this stuff if he is going to hold the office and make informed decisions about how to respond. You dont think so?
You know when you continue to post this kind of bullshit all you are saying is that you can't find anything substantial to support your animosity toward the President.

Not at all. But when there is video or audio evidence of an international matter of the magnitude of this one and he is making diplomatic decisions that could have world altering effects, I think it would be appropriate to hear or see the evidence for himself. Why would you disagree with that?
lol You just contradicted yourself in the same post. First you say it's not necessary to examine the evidence he gets from the CIA. FBi, etc. and then you say he should examine it.
That’s not true. You asked if I thought POTUS should do all the intelligence work himself. That’s very different from reviewing the evidence in a situation like this. Come on, stop with the spin stuff, just be honest.
Bullshit. You said the President should not rely on his intelligence people but should evaluate the evidence directly.
Really? Quote me on that

Really? Quote me on that
lol Are you trying to sound stupid? You said he must listen to Khashoggi scream in Arabic before he will be able to make the proper decision.

Shouldn’t POTUS have all the intel?

with Trump saluting communist generals and kissing Putin's KGB ass I wouldnt give him directions to Mickey D's

Let me pose it this way. Do you think we should stop showing crime scene photos, video, and audio recordings of crimes to judges and jury members during trails because they might be gross, sad, depressing or disturbing? Maybe we make it optional for them to view if they think they might get nightmares or feel queezy. Or do you think it neccessary for those who sit in judgement to be exposed to as much as the information as possible so they can best understand the details of the crime and the impact it had on those effected?
Actually, courts make decisions on whether a piece of evidence has probative value or if the emotional impact will make it more difficult for jurors to weigh the evidence. If the probative value of the tape or photograph does not outweigh the emotional impact, it might well be excluded. There is no rational basis basis for claiming hearing a man scream will help the President make better policy decisions.
I disagree. I think knowing exactly what the Saudi’s did to that poor man is very important when deciding how to respond. Trump is a pampered billionaire wannabe tough guy. He isn’t used to making life and death decisions or sticking up to murders and human rights abusers on behalf of a country. I know it isn’t pleasant but he needs to be exposed to this stuff if he is going to hold the office and make informed decisions about how to respond. You dont think so?
You know when you continue to post this kind of bullshit all you are saying is that you can't find anything substantial to support your animosity toward the President.
Why do you avoid answering my questions and instead try and point this whole thing towards some fake hate I have towards the Prez. I’ve been a Trump fan since his Apprentice days. The dude cracks me up, still does. I don’t hate him, I just think he is a poor representative for our country. Now if we can get away from the personal accusations and go back to the topic at hand. Why do you not care that he ignores the ugly details of this murder before deciding how to respond? Seems irresponsible to me.

Really? Quote me on that
lol Are you trying to sound stupid? You said he must listen to Khashoggi scream in Arabic before he will be able to make the proper decision.
Where is the quote where I said he shouldnt reply on his intelligence people? There isn’t one because you made that up. So stop lying. Trump declined to listen to the tape because it’s disturbing. I get it. I wouldn’t want to listen to it either or watch beheading videos etc. But I’m not president. I’d expect the president to be able to stomach those things and to have the maturity to expose himself to that stuff so he can respond accordingly.

Why do you avoid answering my questions and instead try and point this whole thing towards some fake hate I have towards the Prez. I’ve been a Trump fan since his Apprentice days. The dude cracks me up, still does. I don’t hate him, I just think he is a poor representative for our country. Now if we can get away from the personal accusations and go back to the topic at hand. Why do you not care that he ignores the ugly details of this murder before deciding how to respond? Seems irresponsible to me.
The fact is you have insisted the President must listen to Khashoggi screaming in Arabic in order to have the necessary information to make policy decisions that will most benefit America, and there is no rational basis for such a statement, so if you don't hate the President, then you must be projecting some other issue of your own on to him to lead you so far astray from rational thought.

Really? Quote me on that
Where is the quote where I said he shouldnt reply on his intelligence people? There isn’t one because you made that up. So stop lying. Trump declined to listen to the tape because it’s disturbing. I get it. I wouldn’t want to listen to it either or watch beheading videos etc. But I’m not president. I’d expect the president to be able to stomach those things and to have the maturity to expose himself to that stuff so he can respond accordingly.
Again, there is no rational basis for your insistence that the President must listen to Khashoggi screaming in Arabic in order to make policy decisions that benefit America. Disabuse yourself of the belief you are being clever.

The fact is you have insisted the President must listen to Khashoggi screaming in Arabic in order to have the necessary information to make policy decisions that will most benefit America, and there is no rational basis for such a statement, so if you don't hate the President, then you must be projecting some other issue of your own on to him to lead you so far astray from rational thought.
Haha, now I’ve insisted the he must listen?! Ok buddy. I’ve said that I thought it irresponsible that he didn’t listen, that’s my opinion. How about you stop manipulating my words and just have an honest conversations without injecting your distorted accusations.

Haha, now I’ve insisted the he must listen?! Ok buddy. I’ve said that I thought it irresponsible that he didn’t listen, that’s my opinion. How about you stop manipulating my words and just have an honest conversations without injecting your distorted accusations.
How about you admitting you're embarrassed by your original posts and stop pretending you are under attack. There is no rational basis for thinking the President would gather any useful information from listening to Khashoggi scream in Arabic that he had not already gotten from this briefing on the subject.

Really? Quote me on that
Again, there is no rational basis for your insistence that the President must listen to Khashoggi screaming in Arabic in order to make policy decisions that benefit America. Disabuse yourself of the belief you are being clever.
Ive explained the rational behind my opinion on the subject many times. You haven’t addressed it and instead have tried to distort my message or call me a Trump hater. You are either making excuses for Trump because you give blind support or you really don’t think listening to the tape is a responsible thing for POTUS to do. If you truly feel that he shouldn’t have listened to the tape then you should have just stuck to your justification for that cause all the other verbal gymnastics you’ve been pulling just makes you sound like a Trump puppet.

Really? Quote me on that
Ive explained the rational behind my opinion on the subject many times. You haven’t addressed it and instead have tried to distort my message or call me a Trump hater. You are either making excuses for Trump because you give blind support or you really don’t think listening to the tape is a responsible thing for POTUS to do. If you truly feel that he shouldn’t have listened to the tape then you should have just stuck to your justification for that cause all the other verbal gymnastics you’ve been pulling just makes you sound like a Trump puppet.

Really? Quote me on that
Again, there is no rational basis for believing that the President would gather any useful information from listening to Khashoggi scream in Arabic that he had not already gotten from his briefing and you have never presented a rational argument in support of your ridiculous assertion that he could.

How about you admitting you're embarrassed by your original posts and stop pretending you are under attack. There is no rational basis for thinking the President would gather any useful information from listening to Khashoggi scream in Arabic that he had not already gotten from this briefing on the subject.
I’m not embarrassed about my post, I still feel confident in my opinion on it. When a person is tortured and murdered and our POTUS is in charge in deciding about how to respond I’d expect him to fully understand he severity of the offense. Hearing a report that somebody was killed as opposed to hearing it happen are two very different things. I’d expect the same thing if a Judge was determining a verdict for a convicted felon. How many judges do you suppose opted not to watch a video or listen to the audio of a crime if it was available for them to hear/see?

Really? Quote me on that
Again, there is no rational basis for believing that the President would gather any useful information from listening to Khashoggi scream in Arabic that he had not already gotten from his briefing and you have never presented a rational argument in support of your ridiculous assertion that he could.
And let’s just cut the bullshit and call it like it is... Trump doesn’t want to hear or see evidence that makes the Saudi’s look bad because he wants to sweep this thing under the rug so he can maintain the arms deal and alliance with them. It’s not a secret

Forum List

Back