Should We Take Back Former ISIS US Citizens?

Under What Conditions Should we allow former ISIS members to return to the USA?

• Only if we remove a finger or two

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dunno, whassa matter?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Only corpses..............and that's being too nice............so they can be buried by their families...........Them being ISIS doesn't mean the families agree.
------------------------------------------------------- Famililies should be or stay where they belong which is in their 'zhitholes' Eagle .
Not all parents happen to agree with what their kids do.............would be a case by case basis..........So I really don't care if they get to bury them.............ISIS kids..................they should only come back in a bag.

The ones I feel awful for are the kids fathered by ISIS fighters. When communities take back the women, they refuse to take the kids. The mothers are forced to leave them if they want to return,
War is hell...............Were the women with ISIS in your last comment.........or just stuck there.
A combination I think, but mostly they were women captured by ISIS.
Those captured by ISIS I'd agree.........if they joined ISIS.........then no

------------------------------------------------------- Famililies should be or stay where they belong which is in their 'zhitholes' Eagle .
Not all parents happen to agree with what their kids do.............would be a case by case basis..........So I really don't care if they get to bury them.............ISIS kids..................they should only come back in a bag.

The ones I feel awful for are the kids fathered by ISIS fighters. When communities take back the women, they refuse to take the kids. The mothers are forced to leave them if they want to return,
War is hell...............Were the women with ISIS in your last comment.........or just stuck there.
If they are going to take back the women, the kids should go with them, we are talking little kids, even babies.

If they are going to take back the women, the kids should go with them, we are talking little kids, even babies.
If they are captives .............I agree..................if ISIS.............no............

If say...........they are a citizen...........join ISIS......then have kids there........then the families here might have a case for taking them in.........

I think that the 'isis' whores' joined up of their own Free will didn't they Coyote ??

ISIS was organized and funded by the CIA.

Any American citizen who joined ISIS should be taken back with no legal penalties.

After all, they were in line with our government's foreign policy towards defeating Assad in Syria. ... :cool:

There were dozens of different groups operating in that area. We had no way to know at that time, that the former group was insane, and would eventually turn into ISIS.

At the time that ISIS began international propaganda recruiting, it was well established they were nuts, and slaughtering people.

If we have no clue who we are giving arms to, maybe we shouldn't do it.

Well yes... except that people are really good at lying, if you haven't noticed. How many people get married only to find out later that the one they married is psychotic? And equally people do in fact change. The freedom fighters of the past, that fought against the tyranny, can turn into tyrants themselves later.

A classic historical example would be Castro. Castro started off as a 'freedom fighter' fighting against the evil corrupt government in Cuba. The moment he gained power, and his rebellion allies started fighting against him.... Castro brought down brutal oppression on the very people who helped put him in power.

So while I would agree with you, sometimes the solutions or correct choices, are not always obvious.

Only corpses..............and that's being too nice............so they can be buried by their families...........Them being ISIS doesn't mean the families agree.

Captured by ISIS?

The link says:
"An American-born woman who once urged jihadists in America to "go on drivebys, and spill all of their blood,""

The women who deserted America, to go to ISIS, openly said that jihadists in America, should go on drive by (shootings) and spill their blood.

What part of that indicates any level of "poor victim captured by ISIS"?

Captured by ISIS?

The link says:
"An American-born woman who once urged jihadists in America to "go on drivebys, and spill all of their blood,""

The women who deserted America, to go to ISIS, openly said that jihadists in America, should go on drive by (shootings) and spill their blood.

My comments were not directed at that specific case but more of a digression.

I think we should if they denounce ISIS, face court procedings for joining a terrorist organization, do their time and show no criminal activity, I would say take them back but keep an eye on them.

Any other opinions? Please do the poll.

U.S.-born ISIS bride thinks she 'deserves a second chance'

If they are US citizens we take them back regardless because they are are ours.

They can then face legal and criminal charges here.
Nope.

I think we should if they denounce ISIS, face court procedings for joining a terrorist organization, do their time and show no criminal activity, I would say take them back but keep an eye on them.

Any other opinions? Please do the poll.

U.S.-born ISIS bride thinks she 'deserves a second chance'
No.
They are US citizens. What kind of precedent would it set if we refused to repatriate one of our citizens? She can face our criminal justice system.
Nope.

ISIS was organized and funded by the CIA.

Any American citizen who joined ISIS should be taken back with no legal penalties.

After all, they were in line with our government's foreign policy towards defeating Assad in Syria. ... :cool:

There were dozens of different groups operating in that area. We had no way to know at that time, that the former group was insane, and would eventually turn into ISIS.

At the time that ISIS began international propaganda recruiting, it was well established they were nuts, and slaughtering people.

If we have no clue who we are giving arms to, maybe we shouldn't do it.

Well yes... except that people are really good at lying, if you haven't noticed. How many people get married only to find out later that the one they married is psychotic? And equally people do in fact change. The freedom fighters of the past, that fought against the tyranny, can turn into tyrants themselves later.

A classic historical example would be Castro. Castro started off as a 'freedom fighter' fighting against the evil corrupt government in Cuba. The moment he gained power, and his rebellion allies started fighting against him.... Castro brought down brutal oppression on the very people who helped put him in power.

So while I would agree with you, sometimes the solutions or correct choices, are not always obvious.

Then stay out of it.

Captured by ISIS?

The link says:

She wants people to see ISIS as victims in order to generate sympathy for ISIS.

Edited-meister

Last edited by a moderator:

Captured by ISIS?

The link says:

It's what she does.

She has been doing this sort of thing for years online.
America foments war across the globe, who has what where?

If they are american citizens then there is only one thing you can do

if they committed a crime then put them on trial and if found guilty put them into jail

otherwise they are free to come and go but will probably be put on a watch list

If a naturalized citizen then normally it cannot be revoked but there are certain things that can have it revoked

If you live in a democracy then deal with the good , the bad , and the ugly

If you want to act like communist or authoritarian then put them in jail

OK; one caveat...if a victim of forced marriage and defilement. But if willing partners then hell no!!!

Greg

Captured by ISIS?

The link says:

It's what she does.

She has been doing this sort of thing for years online.

The topic is not about me dude.

As for the rest - some of them are victims. The reality on the ground isn't black and white. For example, look at these links:

Children of ISIS - Transcript

The children of ISIS need our help to grow up as peaceful citizens

‘What Is Going to Happen to Us?’ Inside ISIS Prison, Children Ask Their Fate
Upstairs, jammed into two cells with little sunlight, are more than 150 children — ages roughly 9 to 14 — from a range of countries. Their parents brought them to Syria and ended up dead or detained. The children have been here for months and have no idea where their relatives are or what the future holds.

Freed From ISIS, Yazidi Mothers Face Wrenching Choice: Abandon Kids Or Never Go Home

So the question is...what do you do?

As for the OP - if the title had been accurate (as I assumed) and the woman WAS a US citizen, we must take her back. That doesn't mean she is free to do as she wishes, it means she faces the justice system here, but if she IS a CITIZEN - we take her. Once you start deciding which citizens you take repatriate and which you abandon to statelessness you create slippery slope.

So - what do you do if the fighter IS a citizen?

What do you do with these kids?

The Saudi's have, I believe, had a fairly successful program at rehabilitating jihadists. Maybe we could learn something from them.

There are also those involved in working with child soldiers of conflicts, and returning them to civilian society. Also worth examining.

Got something to add to this or, are you going to continue to make it about me?

OK; one caveat...if a victim of forced marriage and defilement. But if willing partners then hell no!!!

Greg

"Willing partners" is hard to determine. I think you need to take it on a case by case basis, and each one will be different. And they will need to go through the justice system.

Upstairs, jammed into two cells with little sunlight, are more than 150 children — ages roughly 9 to 14 — from a range of countries. Their parents brought them to Syria and ended up dead or detained. The children have been here for months and have no idea where their relatives are or what the future holds.

How many of those parents did we kill?

If they are american citizens then there is only one thing you can do

if they committed a crime then put them on trial and if found guilty put them into jail

otherwise they are free to come and go but will probably be put on a watch list

If a naturalized citizen then normally it cannot be revoked but there are certain things that can have it revoked

If you live in a democracy then deal with the good , the bad , and the ugly

If you want to act like communist or authoritarian then put them in jail

Exactly.

';/

How many of those parents did we kill?

:dunno:

Does it matter?

Forum List

Back