Should We Hit North Korea With An EMP?

EMP attacks are not proven and I believe N. Korea has that capability as well. The solution is black ops via the CIA. De-stabilize the government from the inside. Feed propaganda to the Nork's.

This is where Obamery comes in handy. Let him offer an olive branch, normalized relations, or whatever scheme he has planned...then the CIA uses the opportunity to infiltrate, propagate and destroy.

The results of an EMP would be to start a refugee wave of 25 million people that would massively disrupt China's northeast and South Korea.

I don't hear a lot of people discussing this as a plausible way to strike back at the Norks. What other alternatives do we have....to put them back on the terrorist watch list? I'm sure they're quaking in their commie boots!

emp_bomb_226.gif

And I really don't like the idea of conventional attacks. What are we going to shed blood because of an internet hack? Doesn't seem right.

I just think that if North Korea wants to engage in electronic international warfare, we should give them a taste of what we can do. You say North Korea doesn't have a lot of electronics? They had enough to bring a multi billion dollar company to it's knees inside the United States. And because it's estimated that the amount of information they stole might take up their entire storage infrastructure, an EMP blast might just cause them to lose much or all of the information they're extorting Sony with.

Just and idea. I'm no expert on these things, but would like to know what others think.

09korea1-articleLarge-490x294.jpg

Is this "be scared, be really scared" week, or what?

The results of an EMP would be to start a refugee wave of 25 million people that would massively disrupt China's northeast and South Korea.

Maybe they'll go to Russia. Oh, even better, maybe we can just convince Russia to annex them altogether!

I don't hear a lot of people discussing this as a plausible way to strike back at the Norks. What other alternatives do we have....to put them back on the terrorist watch list? I'm sure they're quaking in their commie boots!

emp_bomb_226.gif

And I really don't like the idea of conventional attacks. What are we going to shed blood because of an internet hack? Doesn't seem right.

I just think that if North Korea wants to engage in electronic international warfare, we should give them a taste of what we can do. You say North Korea doesn't have a lot of electronics? They had enough to bring a multi billion dollar company to it's knees inside the United States. And because it's estimated that the amount of information they stole might take up their entire storage infrastructure, an EMP blast might just cause them to lose much or all of the information they're extorting Sony with.

Just and idea. I'm no expert on these things, but would like to know what others think.

09korea1-articleLarge-490x294.jpg

Is this "be scared, be really scared" week, or what?
You are right...we should save our best weapons and secrets for when Germany starts another world war and attempts another genocide of the Jews.

I'm extremely skeptical that one of the poorest countries on the planet has the technological ability, or desire, to hack Sony.
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/sony-hack-skeptics,news-20037.html

Regardless, taking out what little technological advancements some North Koreans have for Sony's publicity stunt seems pointless and cruel.

There are 10 year old kids who teach themselves how to program, quite well at that. You think there aren't people in NK who can develop the same skill? Hacking is merely a style of problem solving.

It is never good policy to take revenge when an opponent discovers and takes advantage of one of your weaknesses. Better to strengthen the weakness so it can not be used against you in future attacks. Allow your opponent to have false sense of confidence and attempt a similar attack after you have prepared for it.

It is never good policy to take revenge when an opponent discovers and takes advantage of one of your weaknesses. Better to strengthen the weakness so it can not be used against you in future attacks. Allow your opponent to have false sense of confidence and attempt a similar attack after you have prepared for it.

Even a very good goalkeeper can't stop every soccer ball. No, we need to do more than just strengthen our defense. We need to hit them. Hard.

If Sony were an American company, then I'd totally behind retaliation. It's the US government's job in the Constitution to defend the American people, and that would have been an attack on the American people.

The problem is Sony is Japanese, why would we be the ones to do this? I'm tired of being policeman to the world.

Even a very good goalkeeper can't stop every soccer ball. No, we need to do more than just strengthen our defense. We need to hit them. Hard.
Exactly! We need to make it seem suicidal for them to try it again.

I'm extremely skeptical that one of the poorest countries on the planet has the technological ability, or desire, to hack Sony.
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/sony-hack-skeptics,news-20037.html

Regardless, taking out what little technological advancements some North Koreans have for Sony's publicity stunt seems pointless and cruel.

Publicity stunt? Do you even know what they did to Sony?

You realize you're talking to an anarchist? If North Korea flew a plane and bombed his house and killed his family, Kevin would rally his neighbors to retaliate. He lives on a farm in the old west where he has like five neighbors who live peacefully. He doesn't see why anyone would need more government than their monthly cooperative neighborhood meeting in a world with billions of people who aren't all as nice as his neighbors are.

So in Pearl Harbor we should have just strengthened our air defenses? All we should do is sit and defend? That's ridiculous.

Besides, how'd that work for Neville Chamberlin?

As for an EMP it would hit South Korea as well not a very good idea.

And China. Hey there's a good idea -- piss off China. What could they do.

I agree, don't play God Sunspot with the planet's magnetic field. Too easy to retaliate, and as should be obvious in the nighttime satellite photo, we have a hell of a lot more to lose than NK does.

On the other had we'd all find out what a real dark nighttime sky used to look like...

Forum List

Back