Should we allow the alarmists to alarm us as to climate?

More of an expert than the PhD scientists who assemble the IPCC's assessment reports?
You must believe a lot of the reports by Dr. Richard Lindzen. SunsetTommy has spent endless hours researching climate and if man is the bastard that Democrats say he is.

One of the roles of our military is to assess and protect their assets worldwide. That includes property and people.
If they've identified climate change as a threat to defense of our assets....then it's a problem.
No amount of denying will change that. Climate change is no ghost. It's the real deal.
Imagine that friends. Climate is real. Now is this real or not. Man currently manages global climate?

I'm not certain to what you're referring. I was replying to poster Robert W who had just named you the forum's "true expert" on... climate science I guess.

Are you saying that Robert W had named you the forum expert just because you had quoted a scientist?

Meanwhile you ignored SCIENTIST Javier take down of two points of the article to complain about how you misunderstood Roberts post epic fail!

There is NOTHING alarming about the planet's climates.

You need to slow down and drink some tea.

I am a member of the Judith Curry website so can spread this to the forum.
  • whether carbon dioxide is the main (let alone sole) controller of the Earth’s climate system
  • whether rising carbon dioxide levels are on balance good or bad for the planet and mankind
  • whether the post-industrialization global warming has been abnormal (even over the last 2,000 years)
1. CO2 is not alone, no one says it is.
CO2 does warm the planet enough to increase Water Vapor which is the biggest, but again that is CO2 driven.
2. Other man made GHGs like CH4/Methane (which is 80x stronger) also contribute ..and snowballs since warmth releases more from the warming Ocean and melting Tundra. (and CH4 is also a byproduct of more livestock and more humans.)

3. Scientists have directly measured sun absorption/Solar Forcing (the usual warming cause or loss thereof driving ice ages/warming periods) and it has NOT changed virtually at all.
What has changed is reflection/Radiation back out into space is being Blocked at the exact Spectral Wavelengths OF.. the GHGs.
The Blanket Thickens yearly. (ie, CO2 PPM from 280 to 420 over 130 years, most the last 50.
Methane a bit more increase yet)

3. Has it been abnormal over the last 12,000 years? Yes. Our interglacial had actually peaked app 6000 yrs ago, and we were on our way Down until AGW came along.

Marcott:

1699839169530.png

Does that look normal to you?

And that's why you are seeing headlines about the warmest Global Temps in 100,000/120,000 years. We now have to go back to at least the last because have set a new peak for our cycle.

You may be a Curry fan, (I like Indian food myself), but there's only a few here (NOT WUWT Mod/enforcer SunsetMommy who cannot debate me at all) who understand and can elaborate our positions in understandable plain English. (as I just did). 90% are RW TROLLS. Like the rest of USMB.

EDIT: 3 PURE GARBAGE posts so far Below my post. The usual that could go on for 10 or 12.. or 20.

`

Last edited:
CO2 does warm the planet enough to increase Water Vapor which is the biggest, but again that is CO2 driven.
2. Other man made GHGs like CH4/Methane (which is 80x stronger) also contribute ..and snowballs since warmth releases more from the warming Ocean and melting Tundra. (and CH4 is also a byproduct of more livestock and more humans.)

3. Scientists have directly measured sun absorption/Solar Forcing (the usual warming cause or loss thereof driving ice ages/warming periods) and it has NOT changed virtually at all.
What has changed is reflection/Radiation back out into space is being Blocked at the exact Spectral Wavelengths OF.. the GHGs.
The Blanket Thickens yearly. (ie, CO2 PPM from 280 to 420 over 130 years, most the last 50.

3. Has it been abnormal over the last 12,000 years? Yes. Our interglacial had actually peaked app 6000 yrs ago, and we were on our way Down until AGW came along.

Marcott:

View attachment 857722

And that's why you are seeing headlines about the warmest Global Temps in 100,000/120,000 years. We now have to go back to at least the last because have set a new peak for our cycle.

You may be a Curry fan, (I like Indian food myself), but there's only a few here (NOT WUWT Mod/enforcer SunsetMommy who cannot debate me at all) who understand and can elaborate our positions in understandable plain English. (as I just did). 90% are RW TROLLS. Like the rest of USMB.

EDIT: 3 PURE GARBAGE posts so far Below my post. The usual that could go on for 10 or 12.. or 20.

`
Plants are the lovers of CO2, far and away the largest of all.

As if right now isn't Obama's 3rd and totally illegal term. :rolleyes-41:

Gaslight fail, bruh.
Sure, Obama made the trip to Ukraine ?
Nope, Trump lost his mind. He thinks Obama is president and it’s only been seven years since he left office.

Plants are the lovers of CO2, far and away the largest of all.

You Pathetic FRAUD.
You copy a long article for your OP.
I refute it in good part, while explaining AGW, (and why that's what we have now).... and you come back with ONE LINE after your stupendous long cut and paste.
FKKK OFF you know-nothing FRAUD.
You're now on my shlt list of non-serious posters who will get zip but neg feedbacks.

`

You Pathetic FRAUD.
You copy a long article for your OP.
I refute it in good part, while explaining AGW, (and why that's what we have now).... and you come back with ONE LINE after your stupendous long cut and paste.
FKKK OFF you know-nothing FRAUD.
You're now on my shlt list of non-serious posters who will get zip but neg feedbacks.

`
The planet always greens up in an interglacial period. Nothing new here.

The planet always greens up in an interglacial period. Nothing new here.
This is NOT Normal interglacial:

1699882046377.png

Nor was the 100X Faster increase in CO2 and other GHGs than previous Natural ones.

Unless you'd like to demonstrate another specific interglacial.

You can't you DISHONEST MENTALLY ILL REPEATING DRONE.

`

Last edited:
I'm not certain to what you're referring. I was replying to poster Robert W who had just named you the forum's "true expert" on... climate science I guess.

Are you saying that Robert W had named you the forum expert just because you had quoted a scientist?
It's OK, Cricky, you can be the Deacon of the AGW cult church. :itsok:

This is NOT Normal interglacial:

View attachment 857943

Nor was the 100X Faster increase in CO2 and other GHGs than previous Natural ones.

Unless you'd like to demonstrate another specific interglacial.

You can't you DISHONEST MENTALLY ILL REPEATING DRONE.

`
Actually it is 2C cooler than previous interglacial periods with 26 ft shallower sea levels. So nothing unusual about this interglacial period at all.

Englander 420kyr CO2-T-SL rev.jpg

Most of the last 10,000 years was warmer than today and it doesn't represent just how much the climate has fluctuated over the past 10,000 years because the averaging smooths out the fluctuations. You believe the present warming trend is unusual but it's not. So you have a nasty habit of blowing this climate fluctuation out of proportion by believing it is unusual, but it's not. The geologic record is littered with warming and cooling trends just like this.

Marcott:

View attachment 857722

`
Is global warming going to destroy human civilization?

It hasnt so far

Most of the last 10,000 years was warmer than today and it doesn't represent just how much the climate has fluctuated over the past 10,000 years because the averaging smooths out the fluctuations. You believe the present warming trend is unusual but it's not. So you have a nasty habit of blowing this climate fluctuation out of proportion by believing it is unusual, but it's not. The geologic record is littered with warming and cooling trends just like this.
So you FAILED to meet the Challenge. (100x faster etc)
Just threw up some graphs which do NOT.

And it's of course a/Another LIE that "most of the last 6000 years were warmer than today".. in case you missed the Widely Published FACT that we are having the Warmest temps in 100,000-120,000 Years.

You are a LIAR and a MENTALLY ILL LITTLE FRAUD.
`

Forum List

Back