Should U.S. soldiers be armed?

Attacked by Al Qaeda in 2001 invaded Afghanistan.

Attacked by a bunch of Saudis but no one from Afghanistan in 2001 - invaded Afghanistan.

Yes, I can see why you did that - not - now explain invading Iraq.

They were trained in Afghanistan and Osama Bin Laden and his group were hiding there, not Saudi Arabia. As far as Iraq I never agreed with that, talk to Dick Cheney or Rumsfeld.

Sept 11, 2001 - Twin towers went bye bye.
Oct 7, 2001 - war started against Afghanistan

Less than a month - pretty fast.
Reaction to 9/11 - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

What was even faster was the move to attack Afghanistan.
With absolutely no evidence they cared to publish, just four days after the twin towers attack, Bush decided to invade Afghanistan.

Did 9/11 Justify the War in Afghanistan? | Global Research

A. Who Refused Whom?

Ten days after the 9/11 attacks, CNN reported:

“The Taliban . . . refus[ed] to hand over bin Laden without proof or evidence that he was involved in last week’s attacks on the United States. . . . The Taliban ambassador to Pakistan . . . said Friday that deporting him without proof would amount to an ‘insult to Islam.’”

CNN also made clear that the Taliban’s demand for proof was not made without reason, saying:

“Bin Laden himself has already denied he had anything to do with the attacks, and Taliban officials repeatedly said he could not have been involved in the attacks.”

Bush, however, “said the demands were not open to negotiation or discussion.”11

With this refusal to provide any evidence of bin Laden’s responsibility, the Bush administration made it impossible for the Taliban to turn him over. As Afghan experts quoted by the Washington Post pointed out, the Taliban, in order to turn over a fellow Muslim to an “infidel” Western nation, needed a “face-saving formula.” Milton Bearden, who had been the CIA station chief in Afghanistan in the 1980s, put it this way: While the United States was demanding, “Give up bin Laden,” the Taliban were saying, “Do something to help us give him up.”12 But the Bush administration refused.

Afghanistan provided America with every opportunity to produce evidence but there was none to provide so America attacked, starting an illegal war.

You went on to attack Iraq, a second illegal war in the region.

American troops should be disarmed so your political masters can't sent them to murder civilians, based on weak excuses and lies.

Attacked by a bunch of Saudis but no one from Afghanistan in 2001 - invaded Afghanistan.

Yes, I can see why you did that - not - now explain invading Iraq.

They were trained in Afghanistan and Osama Bin Laden and his group were hiding there, not Saudi Arabia. As far as Iraq I never agreed with that, talk to Dick Cheney or Rumsfeld.

Sept 11, 2001 - Twin towers went bye bye.
Oct 7, 2001 - war started against Afghanistan

Less than a month - pretty fast.
Reaction to 9/11 - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

What was even faster was the move to attack Afghanistan.
With absolutely no evidence they cared to publish, just four days after the twin towers attack, Bush decided to invade Afghanistan.

Did 9/11 Justify the War in Afghanistan? | Global Research

A. Who Refused Whom?

Ten days after the 9/11 attacks, CNN reported:

“The Taliban . . . refus[ed] to hand over bin Laden without proof or evidence that he was involved in last week’s attacks on the United States. . . . The Taliban ambassador to Pakistan . . . said Friday that deporting him without proof would amount to an ‘insult to Islam.’”

CNN also made clear that the Taliban’s demand for proof was not made without reason, saying:

“Bin Laden himself has already denied he had anything to do with the attacks, and Taliban officials repeatedly said he could not have been involved in the attacks.”

Bush, however, “said the demands were not open to negotiation or discussion.”11

With this refusal to provide any evidence of bin Laden’s responsibility, the Bush administration made it impossible for the Taliban to turn him over. As Afghan experts quoted by the Washington Post pointed out, the Taliban, in order to turn over a fellow Muslim to an “infidel” Western nation, needed a “face-saving formula.” Milton Bearden, who had been the CIA station chief in Afghanistan in the 1980s, put it this way: While the United States was demanding, “Give up bin Laden,” the Taliban were saying, “Do something to help us give him up.”12 But the Bush administration refused.

Afghanistan provided America with every opportunity to produce evidence but there was none to provide so America attacked, starting an illegal war.

You went on to attack Iraq, a second illegal war in the region.

American troops should be disarmed so your political masters can't sent them to murder civilians, based on weak excuses and lies.

If you don't agree with the wars thats fine but to say our whole Military should be "disarmed" is just bullshit and you are just being an ass for saying so, and I am sure you know that.

I spent 22 years on active duty, and every minute of it was spent defending the United States of America.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a damned fool.

And should the military be armed? By all means.

Please detail when the States were attacked, by whom and what you did to defend your country.
Invading countries that didn't attack America doesn't count.

You know, I am sick and tired of assholes that think like this. And according to what I see you aren't even American. So guess what, we don't have any need to answer to you.

I will tell you that every single action that the US Military has been involved in since 1945 has been for the betterment and advancement of Freedom. If not our own for someone else. Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan. Each and every little action to include the cold war had it's purpose. That you ( a simple little nobody) doesn't like that purpose is just too fucking bad... Now go play with the other children.....

Just for the idiot, I'll repost the above.

And you clearly claimed that the government at the time was a US puppet, which was shortly overthrown.

Well, I am still waiting for you to address that claim of yours. No matter how much crap you are throwing around, why will you not back anything up?

Should U.S. soldiers be armed?

What kind of a fucking stupid question is that? :lmao:

A: A soldier without a weapon is called a guy walking around. :rofl:

You know, I am sick and tired of assholes that think like this. And according to what I see you aren't even American. So guess what, we don't have any need to answer to you.

And notice he will never mention the aid that the US government sent to Indonesia after the 2004 tsunami.

That was well over $2.82 billion (with a B), over twice the amount by the next largest donation nation (Australia, $1.32 billion). However, it should also be recognized that Australia was the largest donor in relation to their GNP.

But also that covers only donations and direct aid, it does not even touch the amount that was spent by the very same US military he blasts for setting up hospitals, restoring vital services and Search and Rescue efforts.

I spent 22 years on active duty, and every minute of it was spent defending the United States of America.

Please detail when the States were attacked, by whom and what you did to defend your country.

I will tell you that every single action that the US Military has been involved in since 1945 has been for the betterment and advancement of Freedom. If not our own for someone else. Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan. Each and every little action to include the cold war had it's purpose. That you ( a simple little nobody) doesn't like that purpose is just too fucking bad... Now go play with the other children.....

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

And notice he will never mention the aid that the US government sent to Indonesia after the 2004 tsunami.

That was well over $2.82 billion (with a B), over twice the amount by the next largest donation nation (Australia, $1.32 billion). However, it should also be recognized that Australia was the largest donor in relation to their GNP.

But also that covers only donations and direct aid, it does not even touch the amount that was spent by the very same US military he blasts for setting up hospitals, restoring vital services and Search and Rescue efforts.

Yes, I remember that. I also remember the guy standing in line to get free clean water from American soldiers while wearing a Bin Laden tee Shirt......

Yes, I remember that. I also remember the guy standing in line to get free clean water from American soldiers while wearing a Bin Laden tee Shirt......

bin_laden_shirt.jpg

Perhaps you can explain how murdering civilians on their way to church in Indonesia helped freedom.
That's one of the less remembered American terrorist attacks.

We'll start with that example and see how you go from there.

Just for the idiot, I'll repost the above.

And you clearly claimed that the government at the time was a US puppet, which was shortly overthrown.

Well, I am still waiting for you to address that claim of yours. No matter how much crap you are throwing around, why will you not back anything up?

I did not - it's just your reading comprehension is well below standard.

bin_laden_shirt.jpg

I see the American soldiers were dressed informally.
If you intend to post a lie, don't let your pal disprove it by posting a photo showing you to be a dick. :D

We do NOT have to wait for the enemy to come to us before we defend ourselves. That is a losers world view, so it fits you perfectly.

have a nice day.

Excellent stuff.
Please suggest a timeline for Vietnam's attack on the United states and why it was so important to attack them when you did.
Whilst you're on the go, do that for every other United states invasion force and/or terrorist attacks.
Also, please explain why American terrorists bombing in Indonesia prevented an attack on America.

I'm going to love your next post.

Did you ignore my post?

Anyway, back to the thread.
Since American's armed forces have not fired a single round in defence of the United states since 1945, I suggest:
All of America's armed forces be disarmed unless:

They're training
Someone starts a war against you.

American military history shows a terrible misuse of power.

Korea in 50 to 53 was a SANCTIONED UN conflict. I guess you aren't aware of History are you. As for Vietnam the US was opposed to all Communist aggression and went to South Vietnam AFTER the North continued to attack it.In 67 the supposed rebels of South Vietnam were destroyed. The South from then on was subject to continued attacks by North Vietnamese regulars smuggled into the South pretending to be rebels. And in 75 when South Vietnam fell it did so to an INVASION of 25 Divisions from North Vietnam.

Grenada was sanctioned by the South and central America council as Cuba was taking over the Country illegally.

Panama was a US attack on a drug kingpin masquerading as a leader of a Country. And was initiated after that drug kingpin MURDERED an American Service man and kidnapped his family.

First Gulf War was sanctioned by the Arab league. In fact parts of the league provided armed troops to assist in the ousting of Iraq from Kuwait. Saudi Arabia allowed all those foreign troops on her soil to help Kuwait.

All the actions since WW2 have been direct actions involving US national Security and have for the most part been at the request of Host Governments.

Here let me repost it.

Perhaps you can explain how murdering civilians on their way to church in Indonesia helped freedom.
That's one of the less remembered American terrorist attacks.

We'll start with that example and see how you go from there.

I'm sorry, do you have a link to this terrorist attack?

bin_laden_shirt.jpg

I see the American soldiers were dressed informally.
If you intend to post a lie, don't let your pal disprove it by posting a photo showing you to be a dick. :D

You know, not one person said that this was the same scene that I seem to recall.... I figure if there's one teeshirt with Bin Ladens picture on it there are probably several hundred or even several thousand, depending on the market and demand....

I did not - it's just your reading comprehension is well below standard.

Really? Then explain this please:

Yes, Indonesia had a dictator installed by the United States.
First, you bombed civilians, then you sponsored yet another pet dictator.
Luckily, he was tossed out and democracy flourished in Indonesia.
This is a new democracy so has its problems but, in general, it's working out.
In fact, despite the American sponsored dictatorship of old, there's a free election taking place tomorrow.

By the way, as you're so concerned about the people of tim tim, perhaps you'd like to denounce the terrible treatment of the native population of Australia by the white invaders.

Thanks in advance.

Now please make this mesh with 1953, and the reign of Sukarno.

Please, let me know how my (or anybodies) comprehension can take anything from this other then Sukarno (1945-1967) was a US sponsored "pet dictator".

Please, give us some kind of confirmation to back up this claim, which I have been asking you for several pages now. But instead of simply backing up your claim (which I posted in full above), you simply go on more rants and throw around insults.

We do NOT have to wait for the enemy to come to us before we defend ourselves. That is a losers world view, so it fits you perfectly.

have a nice day.

Excellent stuff.
Please suggest a timeline for Vietnam's attack on the United states and why it was so important to attack them when you did.
Whilst you're on the go, do that for every other United states invasion force and/or terrorist attacks.
Also, please explain why American terrorists bombing in Indonesia prevented an attack on America.

Did you ignore my post?

I did, please explain how any of the wars America started defended the United states by taking out an enemy before they attacked you.
Please tell me about the North Vietnamese plan to invade America.

Excellent stuff.

Did you ignore my post?

I did, please explain how any of the wars America started defended the United states by taking out an enemy before they attacked you.
Please tell me about the North Vietnamese plan to invade America.

As you know full well one does not have to expect an Invasion to deem a treat needing a solution. China and the Soviets were using North Vietnam to expand their base of power. Losing South Vietnam in the 1950' or 60's would have placed a growing threat on Cambodia and Thailand's borders and any such win would have emboldened the Soviets to continue their aggression.

In the end South Vietnam DID fall to North Vietnam after 25 Northern Divisions invaded the Country. It never fell to the supposed rebellion of communists.

While we ultimately lost South Vietnam our efforts proved enough time had passed for North Vietnam to turn on China and for Laos and Cambodia to become quagmires for Vietnam. Saving Thailand and eventually Cambodia.

Remind us again how Israel is a threat to your Country?

Forum List

Back