Should U.S. soldiers be armed?

I

Indofred

After all, not one has fired a gun to defend the United states since 1945.

Why?
Can anyone name an instance of a U.S. soldier firing his weapon to defend the United States of America (Since 1945)?

Should U.S. Military members be armed?

If they're in a war zone? You bet, because the enemy can come at you from any direction at any time.

If they're here in the U.S.? Only if they are authorized to have weapons (i.e. the gate guard, the security patrols, and the base police).

I mean............face it..............the military is a cross section of the US population as a whole, and reflect that.

And..................other than being attacked by one of their own (i.e. the Ft. Hood shooting 5 years ago, as well as the one that just occurred), there are very few examples of a shooting on a CONUS military base.

No one has managed to cite an instance of a U.S. soldier firing his weapon to defend America.
Can anyone?

No one has managed to cite an instance of a U.S. soldier firing his weapon to defend America.
Can anyone?

On U.S. soil, they can't provide any proof over the past 150 years.

However..............

Overseas, we can point to a few conflicts, only trouble is, it's what those elected tell us to do (even though most have never served).

I challenge those on this board to show where someone who has been in the service has managed to defend this country (either via firing their weapon, or firing their mouth).

Can anyone?

Who cares. They are trained in the use of weapons. The idea that soldiers are disarmed on a military base is asinine. ALL soldiers are qualified to carry. Disarming them just makes it easy for the nutters to kill more.

Can anyone?

However..............

Overseas, we can point to a few conflicts, only trouble is, it's what those elected tell us to do (even though most have never served).

I challenge those on this board to show where someone who has been in the service has managed to defend this country (either via firing their weapon, or firing their mouth).

Once again, who cares. I carry a weapon when I feel like it. They should be allowed to do so as well. There's a very old saying that go's like this...."it is far better to have a gun and not need it, then to need a gun and not have it."

Base commanders should have the authority to make their own rules regarding firearm possession on the base. The question is whether a crazy member of the US Military should be allowed to purchase a handgun in the civilian world. The Ft. Hood shooter was undergoing psychiatric evaluation and was apparently under the influence of prescribed mood altering drugs. The Military is downplaying the alleged psychotic condition of the shooter but it seems that the shooter was freaking crazy.

Can anyone?

However..............

I seriously don't expect anyone to be able to answer.

Can anyone?

However..............

Of course not, because you won't get the answer you have already decided you want.

What if a military base is attacked by Muslim terrorists with the aim of slaughtering soldiers and their families?

18 years' jail for extremists' army terror-attack plan at Holsworthy

Three Muslim extremists convicted of conspiring to plan an Australian terrorist attack have been sentenced to each serve 18 years' jail.

The men were part of an Islamic terrorist cell who were planning to attack the Holsworthy army barracks in Sydney's south-west.

Their aim was to enter the barracks armed with military weapons and shoot 500 personnel, or as many people as possible, before they were killed or ran out of ammunition.

Wissam Mahmoud Fattal, Saney Edow Aweys and Nayef El Sayed, who had all met at the Preston Mosque, had weapons when they were arrested in August 2009.

The men were connected to the Somali-based terrorist group al-Shabaab, and tried to obtain a fatwa, or religious decree, justifying the attack.

Fattal was covertly videoed walking along the perimeter fence at the army base in what the jury, based on their verdict, believed was in preparation for an attack.

The jury found them guilty following a trial lasting more than five months in which multiple listening devices were played outlining their plan and detailing their extreme religious and political views.

They also had an expressed hatred of Australian people and non-Muslims, who they repeatedly referred to as "infidels".

Not in America, but ... America also has military bases invloved in the War on Terror.

Last edited:
Can anyone?

However..............

Nevermind.

Can anyone?

Who cares. They are trained in the use of weapons. The idea that soldiers are disarmed on a military base is asinine. ALL soldiers are qualified to carry. Disarming them just makes it easy for the nutters to kill more.

Does anyone know the reasons behind newly elected Bill Clinton's act to disarm our military bases in 1993?

Oh yes they have.

They fire in training on American soil.

In Iraq and Afghanistan...before the terrorists had a chance to strike again on American soil...The War on Terror.
No1 terrorist Osama bin Laden was shot in the head and killed, in defence of America.

Banning massive immigration and immigration of certain people should also be introduced.

A relaxed policy enabled the alleged Boston bombers.

That is not the appropriate question. What you want to ask
Is should they be armed on base. The military says no. And we all know what lefties the joint chiefs are. :rolleyes:

The Joint Chiefs are taking orders from the civilians though. I doubt the toll would be as high were that rule not in place.

Forum List

Back