Should Trump put a 100% Tariff on Mexican Goods to pay for the mess on the border?

100% tariff on Mexican exports to the US

• YES

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • nooo

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
It will hurt the American economy, particularly on the border with Mexico, where it will have a terrible impact on American jobs.

I'd say 150% might be more reasonable.

You as a nation are spending $150B a year on at least 11 Million illegal, some say it's over 30M! The Wall isn't even an option now, the situation is untenable. I hear very little convincing arguments, If you had say 100k illegals, that would be a great deal, but you could argue "we can take more, we need the workers". I still wouldn't agree with the overall argument as it's a crime, but, I could at least say it wouldn't damage your core economic entitlements. But tens of Millions?! That's insane.

I have to say, when Trump ran, and that was really around the time I started to take a more serious interest in the U.S politics, during one rally he threw out numbers "3M jobs lost to China, 30,000 factories, 94M on foodstamps, , 11M illegal immigrants", all the numbers shocked but the final number I assumed was an exaggeration. I listened to Americans more and more on forums and they said, that's the minimum. I had assumed incorrectly, it wasn't an exaggeration, that's when I really believed Trump had to win. Clinton continuing that policy is treason.

Yes, 150% would be more reasonable...

Angry incoherent lefties gotta understand that the President doesn't levy embargoes on countries to pay for stuff or punish people. That's a democrat party strategy. President Trump enforces embargoes to equalize the playing field for America instead of being a patsy.

Yet the alt right and far right resist being retrained. The tariffs will not bring those lost manufacturing jobs, and the alt right and far right will still resist being trained.

The voters will rightfully blame Trump, the GOP, and vote accordingly.

Deal with it.

Yet the alt right and far right resist being retrained. The tariffs will not bring those lost manufacturing jobs, and the alt right and far right will still resist being trained.

The voters will rightfully blame Trump, the GOP, and vote accordingly.

Deal with it.

How interesting.

So what are you Progressives offering?

I am not a Prog, Billy, anymore than you are mainstream.

The voters need to break the backs of both parties.

How that is to happen, I do not know.

Not sure anyone really cares what you are, you post like a fricken liberal,

Anyone who disagrees with your extreme far right screed is a liberal.
Dumbass...
Conservative vs. Liberal Beliefs
studentnewsdaily? Really?? :p

Anyone who disagrees with your extreme far right screed is a liberal.
Dumbass...
Conservative vs. Liberal Beliefs
studentnewsdaily? Really?? :p

Those that put it together are certainly more intelligent than you. And, since you seem to have forgotten, I really don't care what you are, you post like a fricken liberal.

:p When one attacks personality because he can't defend his points, he admits he has lost.

Thank you for giving up.

If Trump did such a thing as the OP indicates, it would severely hurt our workers' jobs on the border.

Forum List

Back