Should there be a mandatory civics exam before you can vote?

Americans aren't overly concerned about public service and things like thar. Americans are concerned about making money and feeding their families. It's about basic survival...no more no less.

Americans aren't overly concerned about public service and things like thar. Americans are concerned about making money and feeding their families. It's about basic survival...no more no less.

All the more reason to implement a service requirement

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

If you are counting on the federal government to be competent ...
You're wasting your vote to start with.

Might save us from uninformed & dangerous people.
I’m all for it. Republicans would lose every election.

I suggest this be the first question:

Who received the most votes in the presidential election of 2016?
A) Hillary Clinton
B) Donald Trump
C) Jill Stein
D) None of the above.

Get it wrong, and you don't get to vote. Brilliant idea.

And the irony is that in your mind, the "right" answer would actually indicate a less sophisticated understanding of American civics.

Most people don't have time for public service requirements as their jobs don't allow time for it.

And the irony is that in your mind, the "right" answer would actually indicate a less sophisticated understanding of American civics.

I would bet most people here can't answer how a president gets elected. They know some of the generalities, but not the nuts and bolts of how it actually happens.

That kind of thing was tried before and it did not go well.
I just figured with the asinine test to buy a gun thread people might be open to it.
for many on the left, it's only open to it if it benefits them.

Thank goodness the people on the right are not that way

didn't say they were not. but in this instance *many on the left* (notice i did not go all inclusive) do want it their way and only their way. as for the right not budging - agreed. they won't have it any other way due to decades of the left not even taking the time to learn about guns, just demonize them and say THEY GOTS TO GO BUT WE AIN'T COMIN FOR THEM!!!!

but hey - i won a bet knowing you'd say this. :)

I just figured with the asinine test to buy a gun thread people might be open to it.

didn't say they were not. but in this instance *many on the left* (notice i did not go all inclusive) do want it their way and only their way. as for the right not budging - agreed. they won't have it any other way due to decades of the left not even taking the time to learn about guns, just demonize them and say THEY GOTS TO GO BUT WE AIN'T COMIN FOR THEM!!!!

Glad to help, you are the guy that jumps on my ass every time I do not include both sides.

But I forgot you are exempt from you own standards

This would keep a great many members of the military f

Military commands have their own voter registration divisions that facilitates the registration and access to absentee ballots for deployed members.

The comment I was responding to said that only land owners should be allowed to vote. How does your comment pertain to that?

I don’t believe this discussion. Just goes to show you that the posters on this thread most likely would fail such tests. Ms. Daniels previously noted, knowingly or not but definitely ironically, that her Uncle Jim used to crow about such a system. Yes, they were called poll taxes and literacy tests, and used to disenfranchise blacks and to enforce Jim Crow laws in our post civil war past. Maybe this is what Trump means when he says “Make America Great Again”. I hope that “once was enough” accurately describes our country’s experience with this policy mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back