Should the U.S. have gone to war in 1917?

During the war Hollywood happily provided propaganda. Louis B. Mayer said movies provide “invaluable aid to the government and its various propagandas.”

Some of the lying films used to inflame hatred:

How did the United States become entangled in World War I?

The United States was sucked into the Great War (World War I) 100 years ago in 1917. The war did not serve American interests, rather the interests of certain British and American elites. Said elites employed propaganda to trick Americans into supporting the war.

Consider the efforts of:

1) Zionists

2) War Profiteers

3) Progressives who used Wilson and then discarded him after they got their war

4) The British
Wow, just wow........

How about trade and cultural ties to Britain, the refusal of the Germans to stop sinking neutral American ships but the final straw was the Zimmerman Note, a secret diplomatic note from Germany attempting to have Mexico declare war on the US and offering US territory to the Mexican government for joining Germany in the war.

Milestones: 1914–1920 - Office of the Historian
Didn´t the Brits try two times to enslave your country?
Only once. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
I don´t know. Twice, as far as I know.
the War of 1812 wasn't a war of conquest by the Brits. Technically neither was the Rev war, it was Britain trying to control their "unruly subjects" in the American colonies.........

Last edited:
One of the more insane propaganda posters:

poster.US.DestroyThisMadBrute.jpg

How about trade and cultural ties to Britain,
The U.S. traded with Germany as well. Millions of Americans had German ancestry.

the refusal of the Germans to stop sinking neutral American ships
The Lusitania was carrying munitions!

Secret of the Lusitania: Arms find challenges Allied claims it was solely a passenger ship | Daily Mail Online

German warning:
notice.jpg
As of yet unproven.
Look at the evidence: Lusitania divers warned of danger from war munitions in 1982, papers reveal

How about trade and cultural ties to Britain,
The U.S. traded with Germany as well. Millions of Americans had German ancestry.

the refusal of the Germans to stop sinking neutral American ships
The Lusitania was carrying munitions!

Secret of the Lusitania: Arms find challenges Allied claims it was solely a passenger ship | Daily Mail Online

German warning:
notice.jpg
As of yet unproven.
Look at the evidence: Lusitania divers warned of danger from war munitions in 1982, papers reveal
Do you honestly believe you're the first person to ever promote that theory? Really?

The United States was sucked into the Great War (World War I) 100 years ago in 1917. The war did not serve American interests, rather the interests of certain British and American elites. Said elites employed propaganda to trick Americans into supporting the war.

Consider the efforts of:

1) Zionists

2) War Profiteers

4) The British
Wow, just wow........

How about trade and cultural ties to Britain, the refusal of the Germans to stop sinking neutral American ships but the final straw was the Zimmerman Note, a secret diplomatic note from Germany attempting to have Mexico declare war on the US and offering US territory to the Mexican government for joining Germany in the war.

Besides the war of 1812, what other time was there?

Consider the efforts of:

1) Zionists

2) War Profiteers

4) The British
Wow, just wow........

Besides the war of 1812, what other time was there?
Maybe, this is the war I mean.

Obviously you don't have a clue about propaganda, how pervasive it was and often still is.
Do you agree we should condemn this sort of propaganda?
Everyone condemns it in public even those who continuously practice it. Maybe you're under the impression that politics and war aren't Machiavellian in nature and believe in some nonexistent kinder, gentler manner of demonizing your enemies. :dunno:

Obviously you don't have a clue about propaganda, how pervasive it was and often still is.
Everyone condemns it in public even those who continuously practice it. Maybe you're under the impression that politics and war aren't Machiavellian in nature and believe in some nonexistent kinder, gentler manner of demonizing your enemies. :dunno:
Are all news organizations equally awful? Shouldn't we condemn egregious examples of dishonesty? Are you seriously defending elites who lie the people into unnecessary wars?

Last edited:
The British War Propaganda Bureau (Wellington House) was especially active in promoting lies.

H. G. Wells was one of their propagandists. In 1914 he came up with the ridiculous slogan about WW I: The war that will end war.

Of course WWI only led to more hate and more war.

Last edited:

Are all news organizations equally awful? Shouldn't we condemn egregious examples of dishonesty? Are you seriously defending elites who lie the people into unnecessary wars?
Oh a black and white thinker, I'm obviously defending the proverbial "elites"....... :rolleyes:
I'm not defending anything I'm simply pointing out the reality of human life, the fact that we are all pawns (including the elites) in the continuous global game of power and control over resources, something you're missing in what appears to be your belief in some huge conspiratorial movement by the nebulous so called elites. Oh yes, we'll condemn, we'll rail against the machine, we'll demand metaphorical blood sacrifices when we feel betrayed by our leaders but ultimately nothing will change, history shows us that.

There are 10 reasons we stepped in to help Europe...

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

Oh a black and white thinker, I'm obviously defending the proverbial "elites"....... :rolleyes:
I'm not defending anything I'm simply pointing out the reality of human life, the fact that we are all pawns (including the elites) in the continuous global game of power and control over resources, something you're missing in what appears to be your belief in some huge conspiratorial movement by the nebulous so called elites. Oh yes, we'll condemn, we'll rail against the machine, we'll demand metaphorical blood sacrifices when we feel betrayed by our leaders but ultimately nothing will change, history shows us that.
So the elites can never improve and we should just give up??

There are 10 reasons we stepped in to help Europe...

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews

The Jews
You forgot: The Jews.

33e.jpg

And do you really think U.S. intervention helped Europe? U.S. involvement led to the Carthaginian peace of the Treaty of Versailles and more instability and war.

Consider the efforts of:

1) Zionists

2) War Profiteers

4) The British
Wow, just wow........

The Zimmerman note said...
“We intend to begin unrestricted submarine warfare on the first of February. We shall endeavor in spite of this to keep the United States neutral. In the event of this not succeeding, we make Mexico a proposal of an alliance on the following basis: Make war together, make peace together, generous financial support, and an understanding on our part that Mexico is to re-conquer the lost territory in Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona. The settlement detail is left to you. “

The US should have stayed neutral. Instead the evil Democrat Wilson re-instituted slavery and forced US citizens to go to the meat grinder against their will.

The Democratic party is the party of slavery. The Democratic party is the most morally bankrupt organization that has ever existed in America.[/COLOR]

Consider the efforts of:

1) Zionists

2) War Profiteers

4) The British
Wow, just wow........

The Zimmerman note said...
“We intend to begin unrestricted submarine warfare on the first of February. We shall endeavor in spite of this to keep the United States neutral. In the event of this not succeeding, we make Mexico a proposal of an alliance on the following basis: Make war together, make peace together, generous financial support, and an understanding on our part that Mexico is to re-conquer the lost territory in Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona. The settlement detail is left to you. “

The US should have stayed neutral. Instead the evil Democrat Wilson re-instituted slavery and forced US citizens to go to the meat grinder against their will.

The Democratic party is the party of slavery. The Democratic party is the most morally bankrupt organization that has ever existed in America.[/COLOR]
The Zimmerman Note did not represent a realistic threat to the U.S. Mexico was not a significant power. Could Germany have defeated the British and American navies and brought military supplies to Mexico? Would any other nation have dared provide military supplies to Mexico?

Last edited:
So the elites can never improve and we should just give up??
More black and white thinking. I never said we should give up and I wasn't just referring to your so called elites only, I was referring to humanity in general. Don't stop trying to better humanity, maybe one day in the far future if we haven't destroyed ourselves by then the cycle will be broken.
Here's the catch though to bettering humanity, who's concepts/solutions are better? Yours? Mine? anyone else's? How do we reconcile the differences for and of all? How do we address greed, avarice, desire, lust, hate, fear, arrogance, narcissism, sociopaths, psychopaths, etc, etc, etc.........?

Consider the efforts of:

1) Zionists

2) War Profiteers

4) The British
Wow, just wow........

Mods: Go ahead and just bump this to OP.

Forum List

Back