Should the U.S. have gone to war in 1917?

Thunderbird

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2010
How did the United States become entangled in World War I?

The United States was sucked into the Great War (World War I) 100 years ago in 1917. The war did not serve American interests, rather the interests of certain British and American elites. Said elites employed propaganda to trick Americans into supporting the war.

Consider the efforts of:

1) Zionists

2) War Profiteers

3) Progressives who used Wilson and then discarded him after they got their war

4) The British

Letter Winston Churchill sent to Walter Runciman, the president of Britain’s Board of Trade 1915:

It is most important to attract neutral shipping to our shores in the hope especially of embroiling the United States with Germany . . . . For our part we want the traffic — the more the better; and if some of it gets into trouble, better still.

Historians Jonathan Shneer and James Gelvin have acknowledged that the British leadership supported Zionism in order to persuade American Zionist leaders to push the U.S. into WW I. Here’s a quote from Gelvin’s The Israel-Palestine Conflict: One Hundred Years of War: “Two of Wilson's closest advisors, Louis Brandeis and Felix Frankfurter, were avid Zionists. How better to shore up an uncertain ally than by endorsing Zionist aims?” Zionist leaders like Samuel Landman admitted their role in entangling the U.S. in war: the best and perhaps the only way (which proved so to be) to induce the American President to come into the War was to secure the co-operation of Zionist Jews by promising them Palestine, and thus enlist and mobilise the hitherto unsuspectedly powerful forces of Zionist Jews in America and elsewhere in favour of the Allies on a quid pro quo contract basis. Thus, as will be seen, the Zionists, having carried out their part, and greatly helped to bring America in, the Balfour Declaration of 1917 was but the public confirmation of the necessarily secret "gentleman's" agreement of 1916

The United States was sucked into the Great War (World War I) 100 years ago in 1917. The war did not serve American interests, rather the interests of certain British and American elites. Said elites employed propaganda to trick Americans into supporting the war.

Consider the efforts of:

1) Zionists

2) War Profiteers

4) The British
Wow, just wow........

How about trade and cultural ties to Britain, the refusal of the Germans to stop sinking neutral American ships but the final straw was the Zimmerman Note, a secret diplomatic note from Germany attempting to have Mexico declare war on the US and offering US territory to the Mexican government for joining Germany in the war.

Milestones: 1914–1920 - Office of the Historian

Secretary of State William Jennings Bryan to President Woodrow Wilson 1914 War loans were later investigated by the Nye Committee.

I beg to communicate to you an important matter which has come before the Department. Morgan Company of New York have asked whether there would be any objection to their making a loan to the French Government and also the Rothschilds -- I suppose that is intended for the French Government. I have conferred with Mr. Lansing and he knows of no legal objection to financing this loan, but I have
suggested to him the advisability of presenting to you an aspect of the case which is not legal but I believe to be consistent with our attitude in international matters. It is whether it would be advisable for this Government to take the position that it will not approve of any loan to a belligerent nation. The reasons that I would give in support of this proposition are:

First: Money is the worst of all contrabands because it commands everything else. The question of making loans contraband by international agreement has been discussed, but no action has been taken. I know of nothing that would do more to prevent war than an international agreement that neutral nations would not loan to belligerents. While such an agreement would be of great advantage, could we not by our example hasten the reaching of such an agreement? We are the one great nation which is not involved, and our refusal to loan to any belligerent would naturally tend to hasten a conclusion of the war. We are responsible for the use of our influence through example, and as we cannot tell what we can do until we try, the only way of testing our influence is to set the example and observe its effect. This is the fundamental reason in support of the suggestion submitted.

Second: There is a special and local reason, it seems to me, why this course would be advisable. Mr. Lansing observed in the discussion of the subject that a loan would be taken by those in sympathy with the country in whose behalf the loan was negotiated. If we approved of a loan to France we could not, of course, object to a loan to Great Britain, Germany, Russia, or to any other country, and if loans were made to these countries, our citizens would be divided into groups, each group loaning money to the country which it favors and this money could not be furnished without expressions of sympathy. These expressions of sympathy are disturbing enough when they do not rest upon pecuniary interests -- they would be still more disturbing if each group was pecuniarily interested in the success of the nation to whom its members had loaned money.

Third: The powerful financial interests which would be connected with these loans would be tempted to use their influence through the newspapers to support the interests of the Government to which they had loaned because the value of the security would be directly affected by the result of the war. We would thus find our newspapers violently arrayed on one side or the other, each paper supporting a financial group and pecuniary interest, All of this influence would make it all the more difficult for us to maintain neutrality as our action on various questions that would arise would affect one side or the other and powerful financial interests would be thrown into the balance.... As we cannot prevent American citizens going abroad at their own risk, so we cannot prevent dollars going abroad at the risk of the owners, but the influence of the Government is used to prevent American citizens from doing this. Would the Government not be justified in using its influence against the enlistment of the nation's dollars in a foreign war?

Considering that Americans hated Jews at that period in time is awfully telling of the rhetoric being spewed in this thread..

How about trade and cultural ties to Britain,
The U.S. traded with Germany as well. Millions of Americans had German ancestry.

the refusal of the Germans to stop sinking neutral American ships
The Lusitania was carrying munitions!

Secret of the Lusitania: Arms find challenges Allied claims it was solely a passenger ship | Daily Mail Online

German warning:
notice.jpg

Considering that Americans hated Jews at that period in time is awfully telling of the rhetoric being spewed in this thread..
Maybe you should acknowledge the hatred certain Jewish and Anglo elites exhibited when they manipulated the U.S. into war.

Germany and the USA had a good relationship until then. So no, the US should neither have supported the Entente nor joined the war against Germany.

Last edited:
How about trade and cultural ties to Britain,
The U.S. traded with Germany as well. Millions of Americans had German ancestry.

the refusal of the Germans to stop sinking neutral American ships
The Lusitania was carrying munitions!

Secret of the Lusitania: Arms find challenges Allied claims it was solely a passenger ship | Daily Mail Online

German warning:
notice.jpg
First False Flag. A single torpedo could never have sunk the Lusitania.

Consider the efforts of:

1) Zionists

2) War Profiteers

4) The British
Wow, just wow........

How about trade and cultural ties to Britain, the refusal of the Germans to stop sinking neutral American ships but the final straw was the Zimmerman Note, a secret diplomatic note from Germany attempting to have Mexico declare war on the US and offering US territory to the Mexican government for joining Germany in the war.

Didn´t the Brits try two times to enslave your country?

Germany and the USA had a good relationship until then. So no, the US should neither have supported the Entente nor join the war against Germany.
True. And the U.S. had a long series of conflicts with the British.

President Cleveland twist the tail of the British Lion 1895
Twist-British-Tail.jpg

Consider the efforts of:

1) Zionists

2) War Profiteers

4) The British
Wow, just wow........

Only once. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Consider the efforts of:

1) Zionists

2) War Profiteers

4) The British
Wow, just wow........

Only once. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
I don´t know. Twice, as far as I know.

Forum List

Back