Should The Rich Be Required To Pay Higher Taxes In the US?

We could go to a simple progressive tax that would be fairer.
That would be?

Several rates instead of one, but all the complexity that the flat tax removes gets taken out as well.
We have several tax rates, I don't follow you.

You would have one rate under a flat tax.

You can simplify the tax system without eliminating the progressive tax brackets.
so you want the same tax rate we have now an a added national sales tax? I am confused.

Listening to a neighbor and trying to follow this thread at the same time.

Let your neighbors have sex in peace.

1. the complexity of our tax system is all about the complex process of figuring out how much taxable income you have.

2. With a flat tax, presumably, that complexity is eliminated because your tax is calculated off your gross income. No need for pages of calculations to get to your taxable income..

3. You can apply the flat tax to your gross income, or you can apply 3 or 4 different rates to that income, by brackets,

with the same simplicity. The tax tables currently make all those calculations for you.

If I pay 30%, they should pay 30%. Ben Carson made sense there.

Except your 30% is $3 bucks

And

A rich guys 30% is $300,000,000 dollars

So you want a tax system where everyone, rich and poor, pays the same dollar amount annually?

lol
He never said that.............he just showing the percentages and how much more they pay for a given percentage.................It's an area people like you usually ignore...............

You always bring up the percentage a poor person pays, or middle class pays and refuse to see the dollar amount of the higher income levels pay for the same percentage...................

You want the system to stay like it is, and want a VAT to boot if you are in your normal mode.

And

So you want a tax system where everyone, rich and poor, pays the same dollar amount annually?

lol
He never said that.............he just showing the percentages and how much more they pay for a given percentage.................It's an area people like you usually ignore...............

You always bring up the percentage a poor person pays, or middle class pays and refuse to see the dollar amount of the higher income levels pay for the same percentage...................

You want the system to stay like it is, and want a VAT to boot if you are in your normal mode.

You're an asshole in every mode. I've never said I supported a VAT tax.

And

lol

Seriously don't you think everyone should pay into federal taxes to be players /voters in the game?

Otherwise it becomes anarchary .

I think if the voters want low income Americans to pay very low or even no taxes,

so be it.

Absolutely, they should pay more.

too bad your rich Democrats don't. Billy and Hillary wrote off his used underwear they gave to charity
Link?

Knowing you, probably bought Bill Clinton's used shorts and wearing them as you post.
No link, meaning you just make shit up.

don't give me crap. you can use Google. You just want to dismiss it like you do everything for a sleezy Democrat

And

lol

Seriously don't you think everyone should pay into federal taxes to be players /voters in the game?

Otherwise it becomes anarchary .

I think if the voters want low income Americans to pay very low or even no taxes,

so be it.
all I am asking for is a measly dollar so they know they have a game in it.

But that could be considered a poll tax.

*Sigh*

Which I don't want that.

Hey you want folks to pay higher taxes and have government spend more.....
You know who to go to for that.....
Vote Democrat right down the line come election day and walk away from the polling site feeling so good about yourself
because you stuck it to those rich fuckers......

Oh by the way those evil rich bastards have been footing the bill for some time now....
And they never seem to pay enough do they.....

I think the rich should ABSOLUTELY pay more because the majority of them are selfish and don't care about anybody but themselves! Trust me, if you are a millionaire, it is NOT going to hurt you if you just pay a little more in taxes. I believe that if you are a good and righteous person, you would want to help the poor or people that are less fortunate. It's as simple as that! People need to stop being so selfish.

No. We should all pay about 10-15% with everyone getting 40-50,000 tax free. That would be fair and the rich would still pay more....or, we get rid of the income tax and go to a sales tax, the rich would still pay more.....

You need to learn to deal with your envy, hate and jealousy, it will eat you up.

I think the rich should ABSOLUTELY pay more because the majority of them are selfish and don't care about anybody but themselves! Trust me, if you are a millionaire, it is NOT going to hurt you if you just pay a little more in taxes. I believe that if you are a good and righteous person, you would want to help the poor or people that are less fortunate. It's as simple as that! People need to stop being so selfish.

And you make some pretty big assumptions about the rich and what they do or don't do with their money...more rich people give more to charity than most people do......

Everyone should pay the same percentage of their income for taxes. We should all be taxed the same. Why punish wealth? Why punish success? Why tax one citizen any more than another? If one person is taxed 15% of their income, then everyone should be taxed at a 15% rate. We're all citizens. We all share highways, bridges, national defense, schools, libraries, fire departments, law enforcement, and other public services.
The wealthy benefit more from schools, roads, bridges, national defense, law enforcement and other public services than average Americans......they should pay more

Wait a minute: how are they benefiting more than anybody else? Even if they were, they are paying more than anybody else so it's already fair in that regard.

The wealthy don't need Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, SNAP's cards, Obama phones, school lunch programs just to name a few. If anybody benefits more, it's the poor because they put little to nothing into those programs and take all they can out.

Without roads, bridges, harbors, railroads a corporation has no way to get critical supplies in and finished product out. Corporate America would cease to exist

Common workers need roads to get to work and visit grandma occasionally

So....you want to take that money from the people who actually worked and earned it, and give it to politicians who didn't earn it and will use it to benefit themselves and their corporate friends, the very corporations you guys always say you hate. You complain about the corporations getting breaks and getting deals, who do you think gives them their deals.....the politicians who you want to give more tax money to so they can become even more powerful......Why would you want to give more money to the people screwing up the country? Can you explain that?

And of course you say you want them to use the money to help people....but they don't, only a tiny fraction ever gets to anyone in need, while the rest goes to the very corporations that you hate...right? Do you think about what you want before you post this stuff?

Worked before

One thing we do know is that Supply Side Economics has been a failure

No it hasn't, it was successful what has been a failure is government, they waste, steal or lose our tax money.......and then that effects the economy....18 trillion in the hole means 18 trillion not being used to create an economy.

Absolutely, they should pay more.

too bad your rich Democrats don't. Billy and Hillary wrote off his used underwear they gave to charity
Link?

Knowing you, probably bought Bill Clinton's used shorts and wearing them as you post.
No link, meaning you just make shit up.

Nothing said about clinton is made up...he is a racist, and a rapist...and he used his used under wear for a tax break......

Bill Clinton Underwear Imitate the president Deduct your underwear - tribunedigital-baltimoresun

I first discovered this about eight months ago, when it was disclosed that while governor of Arkansas, Bill Clinton would donate his used shorts to Salvation Army or Goodwill resale shops and take a $4 tax deduction for each pair.

And it has since been revealed that he gave away long underwear and valued it for tax purposes at $12 per long john. (I don't know if they were with or without back flaps, or whether it matters.)

Forum List

Back