Should The Rich Be Required To Pay Higher Taxes In the US?

I think the rich should ABSOLUTELY pay more because the majority of them are selfish and don't care about anybody but themselves! Trust me, if you are a millionaire, it is NOT going to hurt you if you just pay a little more in taxes. I believe that if you are a good and righteous person, you would want to help the poor or people that are less fortunate. It's as simple as that! People need to stop being so selfish.
Everyone should pay the same percentage of their income for taxes. We should all be taxed the same. Why punish wealth? Why punish success? Why tax one citizen any more than another? If one person is taxed 15% of their income, then everyone should be taxed at a 15% rate. We're all citizens. We all share highways, bridges, national defense, schools, libraries, fire departments, law enforcement, and other public services.
The wealthy benefit more from schools, roads, bridges, national defense, law enforcement and other public services than average Americans......they should pay more

Wait a minute: how are they benefiting more than anybody else? Even if they were, they are paying more than anybody else so it's already fair in that regard.

The wealthy don't need Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, SNAP's cards, Obama phones, school lunch programs just to name a few. If anybody benefits more, it's the poor because they put little to nothing into those programs and take all they can out.

Without roads, bridges, harbors, railroads a corporation has no way to get critical supplies in and finished product out. Corporate America would cease to exist

Common workers need roads to get to work and visit grandma occasionally

The entire infrastructure was built for one need and one need only....for national defense...

What the commoner got was a perk.

You do know that don't you?

Poor Matt and a lot of the Democrat cult followers has a mean case of the Green eyed Monster. but why wouldn't they when that's all their party spew down on them. Classic Class Warfare, while they KEEP all their Rich's and Millions in the BANK

I think the rich should ABSOLUTELY pay more because the majority of them are selfish and don't care about anybody but themselves! Trust me, if you are a millionaire, it is NOT going to hurt you if you just pay a little more in taxes. I believe that if you are a good and righteous person, you would want to help the poor or people that are less fortunate. It's as simple as that! People need to stop being so selfish.
Everyone should pay the same percentage of their income for taxes. We should all be taxed the same. Why punish wealth? Why punish success? Why tax one citizen any more than another? If one person is taxed 15% of their income, then everyone should be taxed at a 15% rate. We're all citizens. We all share highways, bridges, national defense, schools, libraries, fire departments, law enforcement, and other public services.
The wealthy benefit more from schools, roads, bridges, national defense, law enforcement and other public services than average Americans......they should pay more

Wait a minute: how are they benefiting more than anybody else? Even if they were, they are paying more than anybody else so it's already fair in that regard.

The wealthy don't need Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, SNAP's cards, Obama phones, school lunch programs just to name a few. If anybody benefits more, it's the poor because they put little to nothing into those programs and take all they can out.

Without roads, bridges, harbors, railroads a corporation has no way to get critical supplies in and finished product out. Corporate America would cease to exist

And that's why taxes are paid.....
Who has a problem with any of that?

Worked before

One thing we do know is that Supply Side Economics has been a failure

No it hasn't, it was successful what has been a failure is government, they waste, steal or lose our tax money.......and then that effects the economy....18 trillion in the hole means 18 trillion not being used to create an economy.

We had no debt until we adopted supply side economics. After all, Reganites claimed deficits don't matter and all tax cuts pay for themselves

A flat tax with a 50,000 dollar exemption for the everyone, or a national sales tax would actually be fair to everyone....but the left is not interested in being fair. They don't care how much each person pays, they hate how much the rich have left after they pay their taxes....that burns their asses everytime they think about how much the rich have left.

Worked before

No it hasn't, it was successful what has been a failure is government, they waste, steal or lose our tax money.......and then that effects the economy....18 trillion in the hole means 18 trillion not being used to create an economy.

We had no debt until we adopted supply side economics. After all, Reganites claimed deficits don't matter and all tax cuts pay for themselves

What do you mean we had no debt.......and tax cuts do pay for themselves, but the politicians always, always spend more than we take in...it is spending that is the problem, not the amount we take in....stop the spending and the problem goes away.

Worked before

Reagan's tax cuts brought in almost 2 times the amount in taxes than before, and the democrats in congress spent even more than that........they lied to Reagan about cutting spending and he learned his lesson about congressional democrats.

The entire infrastructure was built for one need and one need only....for national defense...

What the commoner got was a perk.

You do know that don't you?
No, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

You are free to give the government all your money.

The rich already carry the load for this country and they already pay more than their fair share.

The government has to stop depending on the people's money to feed their spending habit.

Other than interstates the roads are a state expense. paid for by license fees and gas taxes

THE QUESTION SHOULD HAVE BEEN , SHOULD THE POOR BE PENALIZED FOR BEING LAZY ASS MOTHERFUCKERS?

BUT STUPID FUCKS LIKE YOU PREFER TO STAY HOME, WATCH TV AND VOTE FOR DEMAGOGUES LIKE COMRADE BERNARD SANDERS.

Other than interstates the roads are a state expense. paid for by license fees and gas taxes
Well, states do get federal money for bridges and some highways. I'm not sure what the subsidy is called, but I can look it up if need be.

You are free to give the government all your money.

The rich already carry the load for this country and they already pay more than their fair share.

The government has to stop depending on the people's money to feed their spending habit.
Trickle down has to work one way or another.

we can't seem to get that through these Democrat voters heads. there never is enough TAXES on us no matter what class of people they lump us all in.

we can't seem to get that through these Democrat voters heads. there never is enough TAXES on us no matter what class of people they lump us all in.
All the red states attempted to make up for their budget shortfalls during the recession by bumping up all the taxes and fees paid by the working class while giving deep tax cuts to the "job creators". Tax recepts are coming back up but they will never roll back those tax hikes. Republicans don't hate taxes, they just want to shift them mostly onto people who are barely getting by.

So what you're telling me is that we don't need those critical supplies and finished products, only corporate America does?

Without corporate America bringing in those goods, where would you buy your food and beer at? How about paint and plumbing supplies? How about that Big Mac you ate for lunch the other day?

What we use our roads for benefits only us. What corporations use the roads for benefits corporate America and us. In short, those roads benefit us all equally.

Well, states do get federal money for bridges and some highways. I'm not sure what the subsidy is called, but I can look it up if need be.

Its called a frekken Federal Gas TAX. but yet they never have ENOUGH to keep up with Infrastructure. so their solution. TAX us more or steal it from those they deem RICH

HOW ARE YOUR TAX DOLLARS SPENT?

(1) Building mosques on foreign soil
(2) Supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists
(3) Senseless deadly costly wars
(4) The care and support of illegal immigrants
(5) Excessive military spending
(6) No-bid government contracts ( Halliburton and GE )
(7) Wasteful foreign aid ( give-aways to foreign governments )
(8) Paying bribes to North Korea and Iran
(9) Subsidy for Brazilian corn crops
(10) Exploring the far reaches of the universe and looking for water on the surface of Mars
(11) Senseless wasteful projects such as "The Fence"
(12) Excessive government travel
(13) Lavish vacations for the Obamas, and lavish White House parties
(14) Interest paid on the national debt ( the government put us there )
(15) Medicare and Medicaid fraud and corruption
(16) Subsidizing Obamacare ( ACA )
(17) Government assistance programs
(18) The perks and benefits given to member of Congress for doing NOTHING
(19) The largest prison population in the world
(20) Providing a massive number of federal agents and personnel to handle the illegal immigration issues
(21) The failed war on illegal drugs
(22) Supporting foreign militaries
(23) etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Absolutely, they should pay more.

Why should we all get looted more?
I doubt the move to tax the rich more would effect you.

Which is where leftists make the same mistake.

What do you think the rich guy does when he is hit with an expense? He just has to dig deeper into his pocket?

I have bad news for you: we all pay for those tax hikes. The rich are our employers and producers. They make that money up elsewhere. They don't give raises to their workers, they increase the cost of their products or services to us, they move some or all of their operations overseas, but they will recoup that lost money somewhere.

In the fantasy of the left, when we increase taxes on the rich, they just have to do with one less Hummer or boat. They have to cut their staff down by one maid or servant. That only works in the movies. Real life doesn't work that way. In real life, the big guy never loses and the little guy always pays.

Forum List

Back