Should the mods/admins enforce Zone 2 Rules in the Politics Forum?

Should the Political Forum not allow flaming/name calling?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao: I am going to follow the USMB Lounge rules and not flame back. But you are clueless. I can flame and insult with the best of them. You are no match. As for real world...you would have been bitch slapped figuratively and literally about an hour ago. And I believe in the 2nd amendment, so it would be with the butt of my gun.

I do not flame people, I insult them and their idiotic posts.

Either way...if you talked that way to my face, I would beat the living shit out of you and take that internet bravado away. I mean beat the fuck out of you...no mercy. Stick to the internet kid, your anti-social behavior will get you killed. Pussy.

Really? Grab an ice pack wimp, your melting.

:lmao: I am going to follow the USMB Lounge rules and not flame back. But you are clueless. I can flame and insult with the best of them. You are no match. As for real world...you would have been bitch slapped figuratively and literally about an hour ago. And I believe in the 2nd amendment, so it would be with the butt of my gun.

Either way...if you talked that way to my face, I would beat the living shit out of you and take that internet bravado away. I mean beat the fuck out of you...no mercy. Stick to the internet kid, your anti-social behavior will get you killed. Pussy.

LOL!!! Cyber fight!

How assinine.

I for one am not interested in more rules or more policing, there is more than enough of that already. Sometimes discussions get heated, sometimes folks lose their cool and cut loose with a flame. It happens. But we are all adults, allegedly, and there is no reason we can not police ourselves.

That's just my opinion, but I could be wrong...

^^^ This.

Who's being the tough guy now?

By the ay, I have been talking this way for over half a century. I thrive on arguing with people, and always express myself the same way. No one has ever even tried to kill me.

Have you considered the possibility that you are an idiot?

That, dear idiot, is the difference between a flame, AKA being childish, and being an adult and throwing around casual insults. You, dear idiot, are a child, which is why you want the rules changed.

No, the difference is that there is flaming and there is hiding behind a keyboard. In normal conversation, we all talk shit. You take it a step further...thus, if you talked to me or anyone else in real life this way, you would get the shit stomped out of you. No meltdown, no threats...just the honest truth.

I take it you still live at home with mommy...probably have never cooked your own meal and have 2 internet buddies that you have been talking about meeting in real life for about 5 years now. I know your type. Useless internet pussy. That explains why you moderation scares you.

By the ay, I have been talking this way for over half a century. I thrive on arguing with people, and always express myself the same way. No one has ever even tried to kill me.

That, dear idiot, is the difference between a flame, AKA being childish, and being an adult and throwing around casual insults. You, dear idiot, are a child, which is why you want the rules changed.

No, the difference is that there is flaming and there is hiding behind a keyboard. In normal conversation, we all talk shit. You take it a step further...thus, if you talked to me or anyone else in real life this way, you would get the shit stomped out of you. No meltdown, no threats...just the honest truth.

I take it you still live at home with mommy...probably have never cooked your own meal and have 2 internet buddies that you have been talking about meeting in real life for about 5 years now. I know your type. Useless internet pussy. That explains why you moderation scares you.

How am I hiding behind a keyboard? You are the one making threats, not me. It is pretty easy to make a threat from behind a keyboard, isn't it. You can search all 56,000+ of my posts and will find that I have never threatened anyone.

I have, however, lived a real life that would leave you crying because the world was mean to you. I have done things that would leave you shitting yourself and screaming for the world to come save you from the horror.

Feel free to keep pretending you are better than I am though. Come back in about 40 years and perhaps you can have an adult conversation.

How am I hiding behind a keyboard? You are the one making threats, not me. It is pretty easy to make a threat from behind a keyboard, isn't it. You can search all 56,000+ of my posts and will find that I have never threatened anyone.

I have, however, lived a real life that would leave you crying because the world was mean to you. I have done things that would leave you shitting yourself and screaming for the world to come save you from the horror.

Feel free to keep pretending you are better than I am though. Come back in about 40 years and perhaps you can have an adult conversation.

:lol: Doubtful, the world has been amazing to me.

Wow. A real cyber tough-guy. I am sooooooooo impressed.

I love to watch people talk trash about beating others when they have no idea who they'd actually face (and what makes it more funny is that they don't have to back it up).

I was on a board where one guy (black) offered to go south to "discuss" something with another poster. The other guy agreed and supplied details as to where to meet up. Mr. Mouth never showed (and he freely admitted as much).

Yep.....I was impressed then as I am now.

Wow. A real cyber tough-guy. I am sooooooooo impressed.

I love to watch people talk trash about beating others when they have no idea who they'd actually face (and what makes it more funny is that they don't have to back it up).

I was on a board where one guy (black) offered to go south to "discuss" something with another poster. The other guy agreed and supplied details as to where to meet up. Mr. Mouth never showed (and he freely admitted as much).

Yep.....I was impressed then as I am now.

I'll meet you in Middle Earth you hobbit freak.

I don't care what color they are...when they talk shit like that I laugh and roll my eyes.

If that means they didn't lock you away in a home for the severely stupid, then I would agree.

That was my fucking point.

So the intent of this poll is to find out who is interested in having a Political forum where flaming is not allowed?

Dante supports the concept -- after you get a consensus on what define 'flaming' and does it have degrees worth overlooking.

Hmm...very subjective.

I know how Dante gets good debate -- he ignores trolls or flames in a thread he is serious in and/or he is capable of playing with trolls while posting serious.

You sound like a few control issues need to be worked out because overly heavy handed moderation has killed more than a few good web sites

just sayin'
:D

Name-calling, especially direct insults and vulgarity should be relegated to the FZ only.

When people start calling you "stupid, moron, shithead, etc." in a forum where there is serious debate taking place, it totally annihilates the desire of responding to that person. Right now I just totally refuse to continue talking to the person because I know they are not able to discuss the topic civilly because they either don't know the subject matter well enough to do so, they are just angry and are probably not even reading your responses, or they are just stupid morons themselves that don't deserve a response.

I have responded in kind at times, but it really isn't worth getting down to their level. I can understand the use of the word damn, or hell no/fuck no, etc., but when they start to make it personal, you know they are out of thoughts/ideas on how to respond and they resort to their basic gutter level, which is probably all they know.

People can start political threads in the FZ if they desire to use that type of communication....but I think of the FZ as a place you don't have to go to if you don't want to read nasty vulgar stuff, insults and criticism of members for no reason other than to be funny or mean.

Name-calling, especially direct insults and vulgarity should be relegated to the FZ only.

When people start calling you "stupid, moron, shithead, etc." in a forum where there is serious debate taking place...

link to a serious debate:eusa_whistle:

We have a Bull Ring. I don't see the people who seem to be complaining here over in that place.

USMB has a perfect spot for serious one-on-one debates. Why isn't it used more? Because...:eusa_shifty:

When people start calling you "stupid, moron, shithead, etc." in a forum where there is serious debate taking place...

link to a serious debate:eusa_whistle:
You can't link to other forums, but other places don't allow it, or they bleep personal insults and it keeps the temperature down, and serious debate does take place.

We have a Bull Ring. I don't see the people who seem to be complaining here over in that place.
Because it is allowed, everyone will do it. If it wasn't allowed, I doubt that people would cease to argue their points....at least the ones that are able to explain their point more eloquently than to just say to some one, "you're a fucking moron" and that is the extent of their debate.

USMB has a perfect spot for serious one-on-one debates. Why isn't it used more? Because...:eusa_shifty:

Because the "morons" that can't argue without cursing won't go there and the topics just die....I'm not saying that they can't use bad language, I'm saying they don't have to make it personal. There is a difference between saying "Your idea/comment sucks and it is stupid" than saying "you are a stupid moron, stick your stupid idea up your ass". I can't imagine civil people arguing over wanting to be able to use the latter....because there are only a few morons here that insist on talking like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back