Should the Duggar Family Sue the Oprah Winfrey Franchise?

What's this all about? What would you suggest?

• It's a political hit. Duggars sue.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • It's a simple revelation. It's fair to use someone's juvenile record to expose and destroy them.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It's a random revelation. Not sure if the Duggars should sue or not.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It's a random revelation. But the Duggars should sue anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Read post #420 fully expanded. I'm not going to argue with you about what I think someone else was saying... I was just trying to help you out ~shrug~

I'll do it if it'll stop the silly back and forth spam; the name Methuselah is commonly used to refer to anything of great age.

Well, you did a really crappy job. How does that relate to my post?

...Thanatos was basically saying that it happened so long ago he [Thanatos] feels it is no longer relevant, that Josh isn't the same person today as he was 12 years ago - something akin to "he grew out of it." (Correct me if I'm wrong there Thanatos)
I don't know if he did or not I was saying that it was a long time ago with no relapse. The other poster said it was not that long ago . Only some one who lives as long centuries would think over a decade was a short time ago.

I'll do it if it'll stop the silly back and forth spam; the name Methuselah is commonly used to refer to anything of great age.

...Thanatos was basically saying that it happened so long ago he [Thanatos] feels it is no longer relevant, that Josh isn't the same person today as he was 12 years ago - something akin to "he grew out of it." (Correct me if I'm wrong there Thanatos)
I don't know if he did or not I was saying that it was a long time ago with no relapse. The other poster said it was not that long ago . Only some one who lives as long centuries would think over a decade was a short time ago.

Liar. No one said that and you know it. You just have NO integrity.

1. Whatever happened to the belief that pedophiles cannot be "cured"?
2. How do we know there's been no relapses?

Read post #420 fully expanded. I'm not going to argue with you about what I think someone else was saying... I was just trying to help you out ~shrug~

I think it's YOU who needs help. Why would you go out of your way anyway? Just what are you trying to prove? I guess you failed considering the fact that you were wrong, or your comprehension is lacking as much as the other poster.

You were trying to help ME out? :lol: Well, let me just tell you that I certainly don't need any help. I can understand the written word just fine.

I dont know if he is a pedo or not. I do know what he did was wrong. They should investigate to see if he truly is sick fuck or if he was a confused kid. That still doesn't give Oprah the right to hold this news for years so she can make a political point. She is as guilty of any crime id any he committed between then and now. Also if he was a liberal like you he would be one of your heroes like Polanski.

I think it's YOU who needs help. Why would you go out of your way anyway? Just what are you trying to prove? I guess you failed considering the fact that you were wrong, or your comprehension is lacking as much as the other poster.

You were trying to help ME out? :lol: Well, let me just tell you that I certainly don't need any help. I can understand the written word just fine.

Whatever, I was basically correct as he noted in post 446, but do pat yourself on your back about how your comprehension skills are so much better than mine. I'll be certain not to attempt to help you in the future, no worries.

I dont know if he is a pedo or not. I do know what he did was wrong. They should investigate to see if he truly is sick fuck or if he was a confused kid. That still doesn't give Oprah the right to hold this news for years so she can make a political point. She is as guilty of any crime id any he committed between then and now. Also if he was a liberal like you he would be one of your heroes like Polanski.

Um, Oprah didn't molest any kids. How is she 'as guilty as any he commited'?

And she reported him to the police. How then she guilty of any crime?

by holding telling the public till it was politically expedient. All liberals are scumbags.

She didn't hold the news, you stupid little shit. Read the fucking story next time.

by holding telling the public till it was politically expedient. All liberals are scumbags.
Yeah, she didn't do that you dumbass.

Sil's severely narrowed focus on same-sex pedophilia instead of all pedophilia is what guts her whole argument.

The one the poster is making a big deal out of involves two OLD men. That is pedophilia, according to this Silhouette poster, but a brother who actually DID molest little children . . . no biggie according to this nutty poster.

this happened HOW MANY years ago? Now tell us why it is so important now and it should be broadcast to the country. ?

Stephanie- what is the magic number of years that should determine when we stop caring about child sexual abuse?

This family decided to make itself very, very public. And just like any celebrities- if scandal comes out, it will be broadcast- and the public can decide whether it is 'important' or not.

Not you.

Thanks, Jeri, for that reasoned and well written response.

The spotlight now is partially on the his sisters, and that just tears my heart. They don't deserve that at all, not after all this time.

We humans just don't under (and many don't care) the consequences that affect others as we seek gratification of our perceived desires and needs.

I hurt for everybody, faminly and victims and victimizer, but mostly for the girls.
But the question is, do you hurt for the boy-victims that your messiah Harvey Milk sodomized? If not, it's kinda hard to listen to you bro.

What 'boy-victims'?

There is no evidence that Harvey Milk ever sodomized anyone- ever. None- the fantasies in your head is not evidence.

Meanwhile- in this thread about an actual case of child sex abuse you obsess about what you believe Harvey Milk did 50 years ago- while you virtually ignore what this young man has admitted to doing just over 10 year ago.

That still doesn't give Oprah the right to hold this news for years so she can make a political point. She is as guilty of any crime id any he committed between then and now..

God you people- read a book- or the news or anything.

Oprah's company reported the accusations to the police as soon as they learned about them.

She never went public.

Your claims just display your ignorance of the basic facts.

Well let us review- shall we:

Conservatives: The Duggar family- they held off informing the police for over a year.
Liberal: Harpo- Oprah's company- informed the police as soon as they knew about accusations.

In this case the clear scumbags- by your skewed definitions- are the Conservatives- just like yourself- they are Conservative scumbags.

She didn't hold the news, you stupid little shit. Read the fucking story next time.
9 years she held it you lying sack of shit.

No, she didn't. Read the story. It's why she didn't air the show she recorded with them and her staff reported it to the authorities as soon as they found out.

You are the one lying, so stop it: Timeline of Josh Duggar s sexual abuse allegations

Since you posted 12 minutes after i pointed out specifically that Oprah did no such thing- why do you keep making the same lies?

As I pointed out- the only ones who we know who withheld information from the police were the boys Conservative parents.

No, she didn't. Read the story. It's why she didn't air the show she recorded with them and her staff reported it to the authorities as soon as they found out.

You are the one lying, so stop it: Timeline of Josh Duggar s sexual abuse allegations

That is worth posting here

Here's a timeline of events from a 2006 police report obtained by InTouchthat details when Josh's parents, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, first became aware of the alleged sexual abuse to when the story emerged in the media. Names in the police report have been blacked out to protect alleged victims.

USA TODAY

March 2002: The 33-page police report reveals that Jim Bob Duggar tells police his son admits he fondled the breasts and genitals of several victims while they were sleeping in the family's home, and that similar incidents happened four to five times.

May 2002: Jim Bob Duggar loses a primary bid for the Republican Senate seat to Senator Tim Hutchinson in Arkansas. Duggar ran on a platform that "rape and incest represent heinous crimes and as such should be treated as capital crimes."

July 2002: Duggar says his son Josh came to him in July and reported that he touched one of the victims while they were sleeping on the couch. Duggar says his son was punished after the incident, according to the police report.

2003: In March of 2003, nine months after the first incidents, Jim Bob Duggar and his wife Michelle Duggar are made aware of two more incidents, according to the report. In one instance, he allegedly molested a victim while she was sitting in his lap, according to the report. Around the same time, the person (name redacted) put his hand beneath a victim's dress in the family's laundry room, Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar tell the police.

Jim Bob Duggar meets with the elders of his church to discuss what action they can take to prevent further abuse, according to the police report. He says the elders agree that Josh needs treatment.

Jim Bob Duggar tells police that Josh Duggar went through a Christian counseling program from March 17 to July 17, where he "did manual labor and had counseling," according to the 2006 police report. It's unclear whether the counseling program was with a certified counselor, and Jim Bob Duggar tells police he cannot recall the name of the facility, according to the report.

Shortly after Josh returns from treatment, Jim Bob Duggar, Josh Duggar and a church elder tell a police official about the incidents, according to the report. Jim Bob Duggar says Josh Duggar admitted the abuse to Joseph Truman Hutchens, a former Arkansas state trooper.

Jim Bob Duggar tells police Hutchens gave Josh a "very stern talk" about what might happen if he "continued such behavior." Jim Bob Duggar tells police that Hutchins said "there was nothing else to do," according to the report.

(The trooper, Hutchens, is currently serving 56 years in Arkansas prison on child pornography charges.)

September 2004: The Duggar family appears on a Discovery Health special called 14 Kids and Pregnant Again.

Dec. 7, 2006: The Arkansas Child Abuse Hotline receives an anonymous tip about sexual abuse occurring in the Duggar household. In the 2006 police report, Springdale Police Department reach out to the family to schedule interviews.

The family is in Chicago for a scheduled interview with Oprah Winfrey and cannot speak to police until they return on Dec. 11, according to the report.

The Oprah Winfrey Show receives an email on Dec. 7, 2006, from an unnamed female that reports abuse. Harpo Studios faxes the letter to the Department of Human Services Hot Line. Oprah cancels the appearance.

Dec. 12, 2006: Police interview Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar at the Springdale Children's Safety Center in Arkansas. Police interview several alleged victims and the person believed to be the perpetrator.

December 20, 2006: Police determine that the time in which they could press charges has expired.

2007: While the mainstream press remains largely unaware of the sexual abuse allegations, online message boards are a flurry with allegations about Josh Duggar, as reported by Gawker.

2008: The first episode of 17 Kids and Counting premieres on TLC. (Over 15 seasons, the family grows to 19 kids.)

May 19, 2015: InTouch publishes an article detailing claims that Josh Duggar sexually abused minors when he was a teenager.

May 21, 2015: InTouch publishes a police report detailing sexual abuse in the Duggar household. The publication obtains the report through a FOIA request. Josh appears to confirm allegations in a Facebook post.

"Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends," Josh Duggar, 27, writes in the Facebook statement.

Josh Duggar also resigns from the conservative Family Research Council, where he worked as a lobbyist.

Two problems.

1) What you're describing isn't a crime of any kind.

2) You're simply wrong. It was InTouch magazine that outed the Duggar's eldest son as a child molester. Not Oprah. She informed the police. She didn't go public with the information.

So.....what 'crime' did Oprah commit? And remember, it has to be as bad as child molestation.

Forum List

Back