Zone1 Should She Have Been Allowed to Terminate Her Pregnancy?

This is one of those highly rare situations where I say yes. Knowing that her baby is basically guaranteed to die, but being forced to give birth anyways is only going to bring her and the rest of her family pain.

I think it's just plain freaking CRUEL.
These fucking religious nutjobs who demand everyone conform to their idiocies.

And no, I don't advocate third trimester abortions for healthy fetuses at all.

Questionable for a doctor who has to then prove it was life saving emergency. In other words a presumption of guilt not innocence.

Tennessee’s law is one of the strictest in the country. It makes performing an abortion a Class C felony, punishable by up to 15 years in prison. There are no exceptions. This is the part that Akers has since found herself having to repeat, often eliciting raised eyebrows and deeply drawn breaths: Unlike many states’ abortions bans, including the one in Texas, this law does not explicitly exempt abortions performed to save a mother’s life.

Instead, it offers doctors an “affirmative defense.” The difference is linguistically subtle but extraordinarily meaningful in criminal law, Akers says. The law makes performing all abortions illegal. And instead of the state having to prove that the procedure was not medically necessary, the law shifts the burden to the doctor to convince a court that it was.

Physicians can be charged with a felony and 15 years in prison if they can’t convince a court.

A fetus’ life and rights should be equal to the mothers. many of these laws do not have rape exceptions or they place too high a burden on the woman.

Well if they are so hardcore in their support of abortion, let them do it and fight it in the courts.

Abortion needs their Rosa Parks I guess.

I think it's just plain freaking CRUEL.
These fucking religious nutjobs who demand everyone conform to their idiocies.

And no, I don't advocate third trimester abortions for healthy fetuses at all.

But you would be OK with it as long as the "fundies" get what's coming to them, right?

Plenty of non religious reasons to oppose birth control abortions.

Because as sad it is she has already lived her life if hers was in jeopardy but her child hadn't gotten a chance to live at all at that point and so if her child could be saved and she could not, if she was a great mother she would choose her child's life over her own.
I don't agree...who gets to judge her life as less worthy? Isn't this yet one more way of saying what she carries is more important than she is? This expectation she should give her life for an unborn child? And what if she has other children depending on her?

I don't agree...who gets to judge her life as less worthy? Isn't this yet one more way of saying what she carries is more important than she is? This expectation she should give her life for an unborn child? And what if she has other children depending on her?

Really this one doesn't have a right or wrong answer. It's all a matter of opinion.

Forum List

Back