Should Senate Republicans Allow a Trial of Trump...or Kill the Farce Quickly?

Should GOP End Impeachment Quickly or Draw it Out to Expose Democrats Partisian Political Behavior

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See, the House's argument on impeachment seems strong to me, and of course... yes, yes, yes, I AM LIKELY VERY BIASED in my opinion of it all...

BUT in the Senate, the president will have his chance to put on his Defense, which could have exculpatory evidence that exonerates him.... he seems to think he is innocent so I am presuming we will see a REAL defense put on by his lawyers and not all of this obfuscation dog and pony show stuff....

So, let's all see what the defense has to say about it all in the Senate trial itself....

right now this is all a show put on by both sides to convince constituents to go the way they want them to,

but in the Senate, is when it gets REAL, at least it is suppose to be the place where the adults act like adults and take this seriously....as they should.

When you try to overturn the presidential choice of the people, the people have the right to know everything. Everything should be laid out on the table and nothing hidden.

I could just imagine the outrage if the Republicans tried to impeach DumBama without bringing their informants to the President and the people. There would be riots in the street; accusations that there was no whistleblower in the first place; all a conspiracy.
The people chose Hillary, you mean the elector' s choice.... which is the valid entity that chooses our President.

No one is overturning the choice of the electors as President, it does not go to Hillary if he is removed, it goes to the elector's choice as VP, Mike Pence.... there s no change of party rule in the executive branch.

Impeachment and removal is constitutional, and does not usurp the people's choice in any illegal manner.

This is why, it is very hard, to ever remove a president....And why our founders made it 2/3s of senators voting to remove.... if the Senate gets to that 2/3s to remove.... then you can bet your booty, the President being removed, deserved to be removed.

Then there is no reason for impeachment by the Democrats other than to try and tarnish his name. The Constitution also says that impeachment is for high crimes and misdemeanors--neither of which Trump committed.

We elected Trump no matter what metrics you wish to use. Just because Pence would take over doesn't mean we didn't lose our choice of President. And let me ask: how many times has the Democrats talked about impeaching him as well?

Yes, it is a long shot getting rid of Trump, but the left is trying to stop him thus stopping Barr and Durham before they find damaging evidence against members of their party. Now that the Democrats started this impeachment war, we will have more impeachments in the next 25 years than we have since the founding of this country. And again, remember who started it.
The founders defined high crimes and misdemeanors AS AN ABUSE OF POWER, loss of the public trust.

Federalist papers #65.

Abuse of power and obstruction are generic and something you could have charged any President with. Like I say, what goes around comes around. After all, how many times did the court go after DumBama after he made decisions?

So now it's a matter if the Democrats are either stupid enough to proceed with this, or plan it so they don't have enough votes to pass an impeachment.
Nahh, I don't think so Ray... it isn't willy nilly as much as one would think... it's not political positions taken that can be considered a high crime or misdemeanor.... Shoot, they all would have been impeached for that.... because obviously, the 2 parties have different political stances on all kinds of things our Presidents touch.

It's primarily for breaking their oath of office... not putting the government and the USA first, or not honoring our laws and constitution, not accepting 3 separate but equal branches of govt, or abusing the power of their office by asking for favors, or punishing for a personal nature or gain or advantage, self dealing, self enriching and those type of things that can make the citizenry, the public, lose the public trust in him or her to be following the laws and or to be putting the needs of the USA before himself... as his oath of office demands.

And Ray, the Republicans took Obama to court on everything.... some they won and some they lost.

But they never tried to impeach him over it. Everything you described above is ambiguous and able to be applied to just about anybody. However you can't point to one specific thing with evidence that would warrant impeachment of Donald Trump.

Instant gratification comes at a cost. Democrats can have their fun now, but watch the screaming and protests when Republicans impeach the next Democrat President on such weak and flimsy reasons, without any crime committed. And I'll be willing to bet you'll be here to do the same thing, forgetting what Democrats are doing right now.

See, the House's argument on impeachment seems strong to me, and of course... yes, yes, yes, I AM LIKELY VERY BIASED in my opinion of it all...

BUT in the Senate, the president will have his chance to put on his Defense, which could have exculpatory evidence that exonerates him.... he seems to think he is innocent so I am presuming we will see a REAL defense put on by his lawyers and not all of this obfuscation dog and pony show stuff....

So, let's all see what the defense has to say about it all in the Senate trial itself....

right now this is all a show put on by both sides to convince constituents to go the way they want them to,

but in the Senate, is when it gets REAL, at least it is suppose to be the place where the adults act like adults and take this seriously....as they should.

There is nothing for Trump to defend himself against.

Democrats claim that Trump used a quid pro quo.
Trump never did. Ukraine got their money, and Trump got nothing.

Trump claimed he withheld the aid to double check the corruption of Ukraine, and to check into what other UN countries were contributing. Democrats claim to be able to read minds, and knows why Trump was really withholding money.

Democrats claim Trump was pressuring Zelensky. Trump never pressured Zelensky into anything, and Zelensky stated so.

With mind reading, Democrats claimed that Trump was trying to get dirt on Biden for political reasons. Biden was not (and is not) Trump's rival for the presidency.

Democrats claim obstruction because Trump did't bow to their every demand. Trump does not have to bow to their every command, and is willing to let the judges make that decision.

There is nothing for Trump to defend himself against since all their claims are either bogus or outright lies.

The people chose Hillary, you mean the elector' s choice.... which is the valid entity that chooses our President.

No one is overturning the choice of the electors as President, it does not go to Hillary if he is removed, it goes to the elector's choice as VP, Mike Pence.... there s no change of party rule in the executive branch.

Impeachment and removal is constitutional, and does not usurp the people's choice in any illegal manner.

This is why, it is very hard, to ever remove a president....And why our founders made it 2/3s of senators voting to remove.... if the Senate gets to that 2/3s to remove.... then you can bet your booty, the President being removed, deserved to be removed.

Then there is no reason for impeachment by the Democrats other than to try and tarnish his name. The Constitution also says that impeachment is for high crimes and misdemeanors--neither of which Trump committed.

We elected Trump no matter what metrics you wish to use. Just because Pence would take over doesn't mean we didn't lose our choice of President. And let me ask: how many times has the Democrats talked about impeaching him as well?

Yes, it is a long shot getting rid of Trump, but the left is trying to stop him thus stopping Barr and Durham before they find damaging evidence against members of their party. Now that the Democrats started this impeachment war, we will have more impeachments in the next 25 years than we have since the founding of this country. And again, remember who started it.
The founders defined high crimes and misdemeanors AS AN ABUSE OF POWER, loss of the public trust.

Federalist papers #65.

Abuse of power and obstruction are generic and something you could have charged any President with. Like I say, what goes around comes around. After all, how many times did the court go after DumBama after he made decisions?

So now it's a matter if the Democrats are either stupid enough to proceed with this, or plan it so they don't have enough votes to pass an impeachment.
Nahh, I don't think so Ray... it isn't willy nilly as much as one would think... it's not political positions taken that can be considered a high crime or misdemeanor.... Shoot, they all would have been impeached for that.... because obviously, the 2 parties have different political stances on all kinds of things our Presidents touch.

It's primarily for breaking their oath of office... not putting the government and the USA first, or not honoring our laws and constitution, not accepting 3 separate but equal branches of govt, or abusing the power of their office by asking for favors, or punishing for a personal nature or gain or advantage, self dealing, self enriching and those type of things that can make the citizenry, the public, lose the public trust in him or her to be following the laws and or to be putting the needs of the USA before himself... as his oath of office demands.

And Ray, the Republicans took Obama to court on everything.... some they won and some they lost.

But they never tried to impeach him over it. Everything you described above is ambiguous and able to be applied to just about anybody. However you can't point to one specific thing with evidence that would warrant impeachment of Donald Trump.

Instant gratification comes at a cost. Democrats can have their fun now, but watch the screaming and protests when Republicans impeach the next Democrat President on such weak and flimsy reasons, without any crime committed. And I'll be willing to bet you'll be here to do the same thing, forgetting what Democrats are doing right now.
Sure I can...

-He tried to cheat in the upcoming election by using his position to get the Ukraine govt, to make an announcement on Cable television, CNN International, that the Ukraine was reopening a criminal case in to Burisma, and the Bidens... the testimonies of 17 witnesses, supported this contention.

-He put his personal needs and wants before US Policy, that was his policy in which the Dept of State via Pompeo direction was following... on helping the Ukraine.

- He used his OWN PERSONAL CAMPAIGN LAWYER, Giuliani, to meet with the foreign govt and with our own state dept employees giving a different State Dept policy, and directed our sworn to protect the USA and constitution employees to answer to this saul alinsky type campaign guy of his... Giuliani.

- He did a blanket denial of any subpoenaed documents and witnesses in his own impeachment investigation by congress, some thing never done before by any president, ever!!!

-He did not turn over the whistleblower report as REQUIRED BY LAW, after the IG finished his investigation and determined the WB Complaint was both credible and urgent. He was trying to cover it up.... like Nixon. If it was all such a perfect phone call, why try to cover it up?

Last edited:
Democrats are only "Democrat" in name only, believe me they sold out long ago. They are as corrupt as the day is long, which given the tenor of this "Impeachment" fiasco is akin to the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.

Federalist papers #65.

Sure I can...

-He tried to cheat in the upcoming election by using his position to get the Ukraine govt, to make an announcement on Cable television, CNN International, that the Ukraine was reopening a criminal case in to Burisma, and the Bidens... the testimonies of 17 witnesses, supported this contention.

-He put his personal needs and wants before US Policy, that was his policy in which the Dept of State via Pompeo direction was following... on helping the Ukraine.

- He used his OWN PERSONAL CAMPAIGN LAWYER, Giuliani, to meet with the foreign govt and with our own state dept employees giving a different State Dept policy, and directed our sworn to protect the USA and constitution employees to answer to this saul alinsky type campaign guy of his... Giuliani.

- He did a blanket denial of any subpoenaed documents and witnesses in his own impeachment investigation by congress, some thing never done before by any president, ever!!!

-He did not turn over the whistleblower report as REQUIRED BY LAW, after the IG finished his investigation and determined the WB Complaint was both credible and urgent. He was trying to cover it up.... like Nixon. If it was all such a perfect phone call, why try to cover it up?

He didn't try to cheat any election because Biden is not in the presidential election. Biden is not running against Trump. Biden is running against the other Democrats for the nomination. False charge.

There was nothing illegal about how he used Rudy, and certainly not impeachable. False charge.

Exercising his Executive Privilege is not an impeachable offense. If the Democrats contest that it is not within his power, they need to go to the courts to make the decision. If the courts decide in the Democrats favor, and Trump still refuses, THEN it's obstructing Congress, and not before that judgment is made. False charge.

Trump never tried to cover up the phone call. In fact, Trump was under no obligation to turn it over in the first place. He turned it over after lawyers went through the proper redaction process which takes a few days to do. It was made public not long after Democrats made the demand. False charge.

Should Senate Republicans draw out a trial of President Trump in the Senate to make the Democrats look like the petty, churlish, political extremists that they are? Or should they smash this common joke immediately to show the superfluous nature of it and move on?
High Crimes and Misdemeanors - Constitutional Rights Foundation
Lindsey Graham predicts Trump impeachment trial will 'die quickly' in Senate - CNNPolitics
As much as I want the “second hand info whistleblower” and Schiff to be exposed and hopefully face legal charges, a quick bitch slap of this clown operation by Democrats would also be good. Tough call. Don’t know if I want to hear anything more from Spartacus, Harris, and Durbin after the Kavanaugh travesty.
They should star recusing themselves on by one, as they run their mouths about the pre-determined verdict.
Funny, I never heard these claims from the left when the House was running its predetermined dog and pony show.
The House is not the jury, they are the over zealous prosecutors mouthing off...

The Senators are the jurists, they take an impeachment oath to be non biased and hear the testimony and evidence before making a decision.

The House does not take that oath.
So, IOW, it is fine for the house to play partisan hack games with impeachment but not the senate.

And that stance has nothing to do with the parties in control, of course.
/sarcasm

Federalist papers #65.

Sure I can...

He didn't try to cheat any election because Biden is not in the presidential election. Biden is not running against Trump. Biden is running against the other Democrats for the nomination. False charge.

There was nothing illegal about how he used Rudy, and certainly not impeachable. False charge.

Exercising his Executive Privilege is not an impeachable offense. If the Democrats contest that it is not within his power, they need to go to the courts to make the decision. If the courts decide in the Democrats favor, and Trump still refuses, THEN it's obstructing Congress, and not before that judgment is made. False charge.

Trump never tried to cover up the phone call. In fact, Trump was under no obligation to turn it over in the first place. He turned it over after lawyers went through the proper redaction process which takes a few days to do. It was made public not long after Democrats made the demand. False charge.
The Biden is not running against him argument is beyond silly.

Clearly Biden is one of the possible opponents to Trump in the primary. Trying to demand that he is not directly Trumps opponent hurts your position FAR more than it helps.

Should Senate Republicans draw out a trial of President Trump in the Senate to make the Democrats look like the petty, churlish, political extremists that they are? Or should they smash this common joke immediately to show the superfluous nature of it and move on?
High Crimes and Misdemeanors - Constitutional Rights Foundation
Lindsey Graham predicts Trump impeachment trial will 'die quickly' in Senate - CNNPolitics
As much as I want the “second hand info whistleblower” and Schiff to be exposed and hopefully face legal charges, a quick bitch slap of this clown operation by Democrats would also be good. Tough call. Don’t know if I want to hear anything more from Spartacus, Harris, and Durbin after the Kavanaugh travesty.
They should star recusing themselves on by one, as they run their mouths about the pre-determined verdict.
Funny, I never heard these claims from the left when the House was running its predetermined dog and pony show.
The House is not the jury, they are the over zealous prosecutors mouthing off...

The Senators are the jurists, they take an impeachment oath to be non biased and hear the testimony and evidence before making a decision.

The House does not take that oath.
So, IOW, it is fine for the house to play partisan hack games with impeachment but not the senate.

And that stance has nothing to do with the parties in control, of course.
/sarcasm
They did not play games in their investigation in the house, that is a rightwing lie you blindly follow...

They followed the rules of the House Intel committee for depositions of witnesses that the REPUBLICANS set up when they were in the majority.

You didn't know that, did you?

Federalist papers #65.

Sure I can...

All not true...Ray.

Sure I can...

The Biden is not running against him argument is beyond silly.

Clearly Biden is one of the possible opponents to Trump in the primary. Trying to demand that he is not directly Trumps opponent hurts your position FAR more than it helps.

So what? It doesn't' matter if Biden was one of the top contenders or on of the last, he was still not Trump's rival. It's a bogus charge that was made up by the left. It's winner take all in a primary. There is no second place.

Ukraine government has been corrupt since the Clinton years, and Biden getting his son a job in that country working for a corrupt company made him possibly part of that corruption. It's the Presidents duty to have that checked out, and Joe is not exempt from having that looked into by the sitting President.

Forum List

Back