Should Senate impeachment trial allow witnesses?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
79% of Democrats say YES.

72% of Independents say YES.

64% of Republicans say YES.

A poll released Tuesday by ABC News and The Washington Post found that about 7 in 10 Americans think the administration officials should be able to testify. In an example of bipartisan agreement, 79% of Democrats, 64% of Republicans and 72% of independents agree that Trump should allow them to appear in a Senate trial in the likely event that the House votes to impeach him.

Impeachment: Poll finds most think Trump should let aides testify in Senate

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer is requesting four witnesses: acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, former national security adviser John Bolton, senior adviser to the acting White House chief of staff Robert Blair and Office of Management and Budget official Michael Duffey.

Chuck Schumer requests four witnesses in impeachment Senate trial - CNN

Chuck Schumer is only requesting four witnesses. I think this is a fair and reasonable request - especially since most Americans, most Republicans, and most Independents want witnesses in the Senate impeachment trial. What do you think?

Last edited:
I would love to see obama & hillary placed under oath!

But what it's looking like is there will be a motion to dismiss (for lack of evidence) in the first 30 seconds...if it gets 51 votes (which it will) it's over.

Done in 10 minutes.

I highly doubt any witness on either side is going to reveal anything we don't already know. Fuck it, I think the house reps make their case and then the WH reps make their's and they vote. This bullshit has gone on enough IMHO and besides, the outcome is already known. Why waste any more time?

How can the prosecution or defense present their cases without witnesses?

That was the job of the house to do...the senate acts as the jury.

Trump obstructed the House impeachment process by not allowing key witnesses to testify - forcing the House into the courts that would drag out into the 2020 election season.

The house is free to call any of the 17 witnesses they used to make their determination. The house, in an impeachment, is the finder of facts, the senate is to try those facts. If the house can't make their case with what they have, tough shit, it's not the senates job to bail them out.

The house is free to call any of the 17 witnesses they used to make their determination. The house, in an impeachment, is the finder of facts, the senate is to try those facts. If the house can't make their case with what they have, tough shit, it's not the senates job to bail them out.

A reasonable person would think that Trump would also want to call witnesses if he ever expects to be "vindicated".

Not the way it works dumb ass.

And the jury can't do their job until the case is presented to them. I doubt the judge presiding over the case will allow that to happen.

As the leftists have been so fond of saying...this is not a court of law...it's a political matter :auiqs.jpg:

Lefties don't like a taste of their own medicine do they? :laughing0301:

A reasonable person would think that Trump would also want to call witnesses if he ever expects to be "vindicated".

Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

You haven't proven him guilty...so he is already "vindicated". Not that you would ever consider him to be vindicated anyway...you probably still think he colluded with russians.

And the jury can't do their job until the case is presented to them. I doubt the judge presiding over the case will allow that to happen.

As the leftists have been so fond of saying...this is not a court of law...it's a political matter :auiqs.jpg:

Lefties don't like a taste of their own medicine do they? :laughing0301:

So, you think the impeachment words in the Constitution are just political bullshit not to be taken seriously?

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

So, you think the impeachment words in the Constitution are just political bullshit not to be taken seriously?

Lefties obviously think that...holding secret hearings, a nameless "whistleblower", calling witnesses who did not witness a damn thing, not allowing the other side to call witnesses.

Trump obstructed the House impeachment process by not allowing key witnesses to testify - forcing the House into the courts that would drag out into the 2020 election season.

Evil orange man is defending himself in court :crybaby:

I'm going to get a case of the vapors!

Yeah, i'm sure he has a long list that would justify everything he said on the call, the president of Ukraine who said he wasn't pressured multiple times, the Bidens, Chulupa, the former Ukraine Amb to the US who wrote an Op-Ed against him, the folks in Ukraine that made public statements against him and I'm sure many more. Of course if he called them it would take time to get them all here, if they show at all. Joe Biden already said he wouldn't testify. Trumps defense is he was justified in his requests. How long to you want to drag this thing out, you're losing support as every day passes.

But the reality is there's no need to call anyone, because the senate republicans ain't buying the BS partisan hoax the house is peddling.

“I solemnly swear (or affirm) that in all things appertaining to the trial of ____, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws, so help me God.”

Yeah...schiff and nadler should have listened to that part.

Not the way it works dumb ass.

Actually...that's EXACTLY the way it works.

Lefties obviously think that...holding secret hearings, a nameless "whistleblower", calling witnesses who did not witness a damn thing, not allowing the other side to call witnesses.
You are another one who doesn't just drink the Kool-Aid trump TV serves up to you, you spoon it right out of the container and shovel it directly into your mouth, bypassing the water.

Forum List

Back