Should Santorum and Gingrich drop out of this race?

Should Santorum and Gingrich drop out of this race?

• Yes

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So YOu admit to being a bigot.

Nice.
icon14.gif

I don't think there's anything such as "religious bigotry".

You don't think Joseph Smith was talking to God and God was telling him to have sex with multiple teenage girls any more than I do.

So why should we treat the belief that he was like it's sacred?

Nope, it's a silly bunch of lies and bullshit, and if you want to cower before it, you are free to do so.

I never will.

I am not voting for a Catholic Priest--I am voting for the person that I believe can fix the deficit--grow jobs--and cut the size of the Federal Government.

That's why you're NOT a conservative and I am.

I'm a pragmatist. Romney's track record is one of slashing jobs not growing them. He saddled Massachusetts with a huge unfunded mandate that's put them massively in the hole, and he was the first one to have his hand out to the Feds to pay for it. He also went to the feds to subsidize the Olympics.... In the fight between the folks in Denim and the folks in suits, he's on the side of the suits.

NOw, here's the thing that amuses me, because I fell for it for so many years. The GOP is very good getting working class Catholics, Evagelicals and even Mormons to vote against their own economic interests - less worker and consumer protections, more free trade, by playing the "God" card on Gays and Abortion and Evolution and a bunch of other stuff that has no impact on their daily lives, but they are passionate about.

Except that when a GOP candidate comes along like Huckabee or Santorum, who actually, really is sincere about that stuff, certain quarters go into a pure panic. Don't you know that we're just playing?

I don't think there's anything such as "religious bigotry".

You don't think Joseph Smith was talking to God and God was telling him to have sex with multiple teenage girls any more than I do.

So why should we treat the belief that he was like it's sacred?

Nope, it's a silly bunch of lies and bullshit, and if you want to cower before it, you are free to do so.

I never will.

I am not voting for a Catholic Priest--I am voting for the person that I believe can fix the deficit--grow jobs--and cut the size of the Federal Government.

That's why you're NOT a conservative and I am.

I'm a pragmatist. Romney's track record is one of slashing jobs not growing them. He saddled Massachusetts with a huge unfunded mandate that's put them massively in the hole, and he was the first one to have his hand out to the Feds to pay for it. He also went to the feds to subsidize the Olympics.... In the fight between the folks in Denim and the folks in suits, he's on the side of the suits.

NOw, here's the thing that amuses me, because I fell for it for so many years. The GOP is very good getting working class Catholics, Evagelicals and even Mormons to vote against their own economic interests - less worker and consumer protections, more free trade, by playing the "God" card on Gays and Abortion and Evolution and a bunch of other stuff that has no impact on their daily lives, but they are passionate about.

Except that when a GOP candidate comes along like Huckabee or Santorum, who actually, really is sincere about that stuff, certain quarters go into a pure panic. Don't you know that we're just playing?

blah blah blah from the bigot.

So now you're telling me--that you had a PERSONAL grievance with someone who happened to be a MORMON by golly--and that's why you hate Mitt Romney---

Again, I've been saying this for a long time, but your reading comprehension skills so seem to be limited.

I am a pro-life conservative woman--but give exception to other Lucky to Be Alive women in the case of rape or incest. Santorum doesn't--he has absolutely no sympathy for these women at all.

I don't think it's a matter of sympathy, it's a matter of consistancy. if you are truly "Pro-Life" and believe a fetus is a person, then a fetus is a person.

We aren't going to execute the children of this guy who killed 16 people in Afghanistan for what their dad did, why execute a fetus for what it's biological donor did? It makes no sense, really.

As a practical matter, yeah, we shouldn't outlaw abortion because it would be impossible to enforce such a law.

But don't try to claim you believe in a moral absolute and then try to throw a (*) behind it.

Duly noted you were unable to refute my point...

Why should we attempt to refute garbaged Bias.

You read like a dnc brochure.

I prefer the brokered convention...

What do you expect to gain out of a brokered convention? The last time we had one--we lost in an all out landslide.

I expect the GOP to get their collective ass handed to them, as they so richly deserve. Conservatives want a conservative candidate, not another big government, neocon, warmonger with a hard-on for the Constitution.
Which is exactly why Romney is not going to win the presidency. For Romney to win, he needs a strong backing from conservatives which he doesn't have. Romeny has the charisma of a rock and no ground root support, only the financial backing of Wall Street and big business. This is a recipes for disaster.

Is that all you've got on Romney--those Gaff comments---:badgrin::badgrin:

Coming from Wikipedia--a NON-BIASED--non-religious bigotry source.

Romney was elected Governor of Massachusetts in 2002 but did not seek re-election in 2006. He presided over a series of spending cuts and increases in fees that eliminated an up to $1.5 billion deficit.

Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really like Newt and I wish it could be that he would get the GOP nod but it isn't going to happen. At this point, I'd like to see Newt drop out so more people would vote for Santorum. I really don't want to see Romney get the nomination. I think he's just plain creepy.

So now you're telling me--that you had a PERSONAL grievance with someone who happened to be a MORMON by golly--and that's why you hate Mitt Romney---

Again, I've been saying this for a long time, but your reading comprehension skills so seem to be limited.

I am a pro-life conservative woman--but give exception to other Lucky to Be Alive women in the case of rape or incest. Santorum doesn't--he has absolutely no sympathy for these women at all.

I don't think it's a matter of sympathy, it's a matter of consistancy. if you are truly "Pro-Life" and believe a fetus is a person, then a fetus is a person.

We aren't going to execute the children of this guy who killed 16 people in Afghanistan for what their dad did, why execute a fetus for what it's biological donor did? It makes no sense, really.

As a practical matter, yeah, we shouldn't outlaw abortion because it would be impossible to enforce such a law.

But don't try to claim you believe in a moral absolute and then try to throw a (*) behind it.

Santorum is AGAINST the morning after pill that would eliminate the need for an abortion in the cases of rape or incest--or didn't you know that?

If men could get beaten within an inch of their life--have something shoved up their behinds--and then told by a doctor that they needed to keep it there for 9 months--then give birth to it---I think they would have a very quick change of mind on this issue.

And DON'T YOU try and tell me you're an atheist either. There's absolutely no way I believe that--because if that were true there is NO WAY IN HELL you would be supporting Rick Santorum. In fact--no religion would be on your mind--you would care less about any religion--much less about the Mormon religion.

Last edited:
Is that all you've got on Romney--those Gaff comments---

Romney was elected Governor of Massachusetts in 2002 but did not seek re-election in 2006. He presided over a series of spending cuts and increases in fees that eliminated an up to $1.5 billion deficit.

]

again, with the reading comprehension problem. I wasn't talking about when he left. I was talking about RomneyCare (AKA ObamaCare Beta Version) saddled the state with huge bills and deficits, most of which didn't happen until AFTER he "did not seek re-election" (because he was running double digits behind Devall Patrick).

When Romney left, his approval rating was in the tank, and he was rated 48 out of 50 governors in approval ratings.

As for his debt elimination, those were put into place because 1) The economy improved from 2003-2007 and 2) his predecessors had imposed a bunch of new taxes and fees to pay for stuff. He did not do it by cutting spending, he increased spending- and fees.

Is that all you've got on Romney--those Gaff comments---

]

again, with the reading comprehension problem. I wasn't talking about when he left. I was talking about RomneyCare (AKA ObamaCare Beta Version) saddled the state with huge bills and deficits, most of which didn't happen until AFTER he "did not seek re-election" (because he was running double digits behind Devall Patrick).

When Romney left, his approval rating was in the tank, and he was rated 48 out of 50 governors in approval ratings.

As for his debt elimination, those were put into place because 1) The economy improved from 2003-2007 and 2) his predecessors had imposed a bunch of new taxes and fees to pay for stuff. He did not do it by cutting spending, he increased spending- and fees.

Joe?

YOU are a DNC Shill aren't you?

Santorum is AGAINST the morning after pill that would eliminate the need for an abortion in the cases of rape or incest--or didn't you know that?

The morning after pill is just abortion by other means. Argument fail.

If men could get beaten within an inch of their life--have something shoved up their behinds--and then told by a doctor that they needed to keep it there for 9 months--then give birth to it---I think they would have a very quick change of mind on this issue.

Nice hyperbole, but it doesn't take away from the fact that either you accept the personhood of a fetus or you don't.

Do you think a woman should be forced to have a baby she doesn't want if she actually enjoyed the sex. (My own opinion is that while it's wrong, it's also not my business.) Less than 1/10th of 1% of abortions are performed for the rape and incest reasons...

And DON'T YOU try and tell me you're an atheist either. There's absolutely no way I believe that--because if that were true there is NO WAY IN HELL you would be supporting Rick Santorum. In fact--no religion would be on your mind--you would care less about any religion--much less about the Mormon religion.

No, you see, my support of Santorum is that he gets working folks. He's from that line of Republicans who didn't grow up with a silver spoon in their mouths, understand what working folks go through.

As Rick Perry said, the only time Romney had to worry about a pink slip was whehter or not he'd have enough of them.

Now, personally, I wish we had Mitch Daniels in there. But he picked not to run. Santorum is just the best of what's left.

The morning after pill is just abortion by other means. Argument fail.

Nice hyperbole, but it doesn't take away from the fact that either you accept the personhood of a fetus or you don't.

Do you think a woman should be forced to have a baby she doesn't want if she actually enjoyed the sex. (My own opinion is that while it's wrong, it's also not my business.) Less than 1/10th of 1% of abortions are performed for the rape and incest reasons...

No, you see, my support of Santorum is that he gets working folks. He's from that line of Republicans who didn't grow up with a silver spoon in their mouths, understand what working folks go through.

As Rick Perry said, the only time Romney had to worry about a pink slip was whehter or not he'd have enough of them.

Now, personally, I wish we had Mitch Daniels in there. But he picked not to run. Santorum is just the best of what's left.

YOU are a liar and a paid shill for the DNC. Admit it.:eusa_hand:

Man UP.

Joe?

YOU are a DNC Shill aren't you?

Do you really think that SOros (or the Koch brothers, for that matter) are really out there paying people to post opinions on the internet? You really think that? Really?

Seriously getting into tin-foil hat territory there. And if I were, I wouldn't post on USMB, which has only about 40,000 members and probably not more than a thousand who post regularly.

Forum List

Back